It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantis and the Bible (2 parts)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries
a reply to: TarzanBeta

More accurately, all civilizations after Atlantis are a mixture of God's vision for the world and Atlantis' vision of the world. Atlantis was destroyed because it was naughty, naughty, naughty. Much like we are today.

Find this kind a wierd we don't know where Atlantis was or which people lived in it. But one thing is sure it was 'naughty'. isn't that xenophobia ? Instead of looking for the positive just condemn another former human civilization.

And than the Magic Man in the sky comes with his hammer and destroys a whole civilization. There were children in that civilization too. Is that a God of love ? Look that's why I can't believe in God or the bible. That's why I rather follow (arti)facts and (arti)facts prove that there was indeed an advanced human civilization many thousands of years ago. for me Atlantis was beautifull and good , the peak of the human civilization.

Xenophobia? I'm not afraid of much of anything, much less "Xenoes".

You tell me. Have you ever seen an entire civilization wiped out that was good?

Never once.

But if you read what is known from Plato, it's obvious.

If you read the OP, it's obvious.

If you read the Bible and compare, it's obvious.

Good people sometimes die, but good civilisations wax stronger. Bad ones wane, and even are destroyed, and usually having destroyed themselves.

For example, who lives next to a volcano except someone that wants to die in ashes? Herculaneum. The sin of stupidity.

How about the sin of glorifying your own civilization and the work of your hands? Every single Atlantean copycat civilization did the same and suffered the same fate.

Go find me a living pharaoh, show me the King of Babylon, a Roman Emperor; where is Quetzalcoatl to save its ancient people? Where are the familiar spirits of the red man? Show me the Druids. Reveal to me Odin and Thor.

Rise up, oh mislabeled Buddha representative carved out of cheap rocks, and speak to me from your large belly and declare to me the whereabouts of Siddartha.

It's all dead and the civilizations which thrived on these things of their imagination and their hands all fell, and today we merely have mythological remnants.

Even the Jews turned away and were thus scattered, but Israel is preserved, and now is rebuilt, though it also quickly falls into rebellion and thinks that it came to be of its own merit.

Every civilization that glorifies itself falls. Every nation that is humble will last. But there are none humble.

The cry for kings and leaders to solve their problems, the cry for more stuff instead of more peace, the cry for the removal of humility and gratitude towards God to be replaced with the glory of self security, pride, and willful ignorance: The earth was full in those days, and every thought of man was evil only. And so God repented that He had made man and purposed to destroy them all.

God didn't purpose to destroy an ignorant cave dwelling people. These were people who worshiped the work of their hands, who worshiped giants, whose technology is unsurpassed in energy, for that want of nothing besides to eat, marry, build, and war. They were never satisfied because they had excess of everything and lived for hundreds of years, and forgot their God.

Atlantis was one of these places, if not the idea of the very world itself before the flood, which reset all creatures.

It is not "phobic" to tell the truth. Calling me afraid of something when you appear to be offended seems off, don't you think?

But I am not trying to offend anyone, so please believe that.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: damonjc
A lot of these cultural developments are inferred, and may not all have been present in Atlantis. However, they do seem to be generally present in several of the cultures that have been influenced by Atlantis, either by the survivors of Atlantis or the colonies of Atlantis that were settled even prior to its destruction.

Nice claim, but how did this happen without a single member of the Atlantean culture spreading any of his genetics around. For this to be true, you'd need all the men to be castrated and all the women to be infertile, or their presence would show up genetically and all this pseudo history masturbation you're engaged in wouldn't be required.
Further, your claim that certain figures match up globally is fabricated. What is actually demonstrated by pseudo historians, is the ability to cherry pick evidence to further their baloney, so yeah, you might see a couple of figures which look similar (if you squint), but you have to ignore the thousands that don't match at all
That's not scientific, its not history, its made up crap
wake up and smell the coffee, authors who engage in writing books for the gullible are not interested in the truth or facts, they are just interested in your money.

What you are doing here is the same as Hancock did in finger-paints of the Gods, where he claimed because of the similar stories in the bible and the book of the Maya, they must have been influenced by an earlier culture that taught them both. and not worry about mentioning that the book of the Maya was actually written by a catholic priest...
He decided that his readers didn't need to know that...
That's your hero

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
For those fence sitters reading this, I want to point out once more, that Atlantis is a claim made not by a historian, but a philosopher, no other Greek historian had ever heard of it, the claims for its transmission of knowledge are untenable. Its creation as admitted by Plato himself in the actual dialogue, was to serve as a device to expound his theories about the Greek gods, namely, that they didn't exist. He admitted that it was a fabrication invented to tell a moral story...

No Atlantean artefact has ever been discovered
No Atlantean genetics has ever been on record
No Atlantean language has been show to have ever existed
No Atlantean cultural style has ever been demonstrated
No Atlantean texts survive what was supposed to be an advanced culture
No evidence of a sunken continent larger than Africa and Asia combined can have existed in any ocean, they are all too small.
And what's with the claim that Atlantis was at war with Athens around 9000 years before Athens existed..

Civilisations do not exist in a vacuum.

These are the things you could expect from a real civilisation and yet in the case of Atlantis, they don't exist, considering the gullible here are claiming that Atlantis taught the rest of the world about civilisation, how odd is it that not a shred of actual proof exists, when what is being claimed here is that they taught everyone. This is just pseudo history in the making

OP. I've been reading made up crap like this for years, your own fervour has blinded you to the facts and in the long run, you'll forget about this type of thing after disappointment laden disappointment is heaped upon you

Deal with it, its your error

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Interesting post. Very thorough.

IMO, Genesis' creation account is wayyyy too concise and vague to search for answers.

Many many people have tried to pull interpretations, but there's only so much one can decipher from a few sentences.

If you ask me, this was done purposely by the author(s)

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed
Interesting post. Very thorough.

IMO, Genesis' creation account is wayyyy too concise and vague to search for answers.

The Christian version probably so, but the Jewish story is supported by Midrash

Want to know how Cain and Abel got wives, midrash explains it
Want to know why Eve was created from Adams rib, midrash explains it

Maybe you should be reading Midrash, the OP clearly hasn't, probably doesn't know it exists

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Marduk

I just like the idea of Atlantis , its fun to fantasize about it and try make connections with others to talk about it.

you're wasting my time with you're attack on my personal opinions .

sure it may be fiction or whatever, if you don't like it okay.

thanks for letting us know.

back to OP
I find the idea I read (I think on ATS long ago) about Mars being the real Atlantis , that didn't flood with water but got a relentless rain of comets etc and lost its water over time.
and that the Atlantis people came here to save themselves.
only to learn that they couldn't survive here because of their immune system lacking defenses of the many viruses bacteria fungai etc.

they tampered with their and our DNA to create a "smarter ape"
the spaceship acted like a quarantine for some atlanteans to finish the work.
when they succeeded the ship left in search of whatever.
when they couldn't find whatever after thousands of years, they came back and the humans they encountered got a last push in knowledge before they left again .

or something like that , its long ago and I forgot a lot of this great story

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBwaap
a reply to: Marduk

I just like the idea of Atlantis , its fun to fantasize about it and try make connections with others to talk about it.

you're wasting my time with you're attack on my personal opinions .

sure it may be fiction or whatever, if you don't like it okay.

thanks for letting us know.

back to OP
I find the idea I read (I think on ATS long ago) about Mars being the real Atlantis , that didn't flood with water but got a relentless rain of comets etc and lost its water over time.
and that the Atlantis people came here to save themselves.
only to learn that they couldn't survive here because of their immune system lacking defenses of the many viruses bacteria fungai etc.

they tampered with their and our DNA to create a "smarter ape"
the spaceship acted like a quarantine for some atlanteans to finish the work.
when they succeeded the ship left in search of whatever.
when they couldn't find whatever after thousands of years, they came back and the humans they encountered got a last push in knowledge before they left again .

or something like that , its long ago and I forgot a lot of this great story

Have you ever read Critias or Timaeus
I mean, clearly you haven't, its described as a bronze age culture, definitely located on this planet, beyond Gibraltar
The Atlanteans are described as using chariots powered by horses...
they are described at being at war with Athens, and reaching it by wooden sailing ships
So although I agree its fun to fantasize, fantasy has no place when the facts are available

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Look man , I live by my own moral compass and killing is bad even if it's done by God. That's why I can't believe in the God that wrote the bible. With the Bible or the Koran in my hand someone could start a jihad is that good ?

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Look man , I live by my own moral compass and killing is bad even if it's done by God. That's why I can't believe in the God that wrote the bible. With the Bible or the Koran in my hand someone could start a jihad is that good ?

Moses wrote the bible, it says so in it,
Agree with you though, as most of the old testament is well known to have been plagiarised from the cultures of the time, its not divinely inspired as much as it is stolen.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBwaap

I'd say there wasn't one Atlantis, but several of em, with one "capital" and that the meaning of Atlantis is just a collection of these surviving places.

Great reply ... may I add.

... and also Atlantis is just a name it might be called different. The bottomline is it that there was a very advanced human civilization about 12000 years ago. I think they could terraform earth any way they like. Puma punku and many other places were part of that civilization. It''s also my believe that churches (moslim and christian) deliberately destroyed evidence of such civilization. Even today many archeological sites are being destroyed (not only by isis ) and artefacts often dissapear. Atlantis (or whatever you may call it) is a fact. But if one degrades Atlantis to a single island one misses the point....

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

ATTENTION!!!

The personal attacks and off topic posting about each other stops NOW.

Any more posts like that will be removed and you WILL be post banned.

Discuss the OP....NOT EACH OTHER.

We expect civility and decorum in our discussions here on ATS. Only the Political Mud Pit is the exception.

Anymore insults or trolling attacks by any will result in being post banned.....for an undecided amount of time.

Do not reply to this post.
edit on 7/3/2016 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I'd say there wasn't one Atlantis, but several of em, with one "capital" and that the meaning of Atlantis is just a collection of these surviving places.

... and also Atlantis is just a name it might be called different. The bottomline is it that there was a very advanced human civilization about 12000 years ago. I think they could terraform earth any way they like. Puma punku and many other places were part of that civilization. It''s also my believe that churches (moslim and christian) deliberately destroyed evidence of such civilization. Even today many archeological sites are being destroyed (not only by isis ) and artefacts often dissapear. Atlantis (or whatever you may call it) is a fact. But if one degrades Atlantis to a single island one misses the point....

Where are you getting they were advanced from, the only source stated that they were a bronze age culture.
And how do you destroy evidence of a civilisation, which didn't exist in the first place

You guys are laughable, all spouting like you know something and not a one of you has actually read the dialogues of Plato..
Why not just pretend they were nuclear and destroyed themselves in an accident which combined with an accidental release of chronotron particles, sent the shockwave back in time wiping out any evidence of the culture from the Earths timeline.
because pretending that Academia or religion could wipe out a civilisation without anyone knowing is not only patently untrue, but also quite absurd...
Think about doing that to an apparently lesser culture, how would you go about wiping out Egypt, You'd have to destroy all the evidence, take apart the pyramids brick by brick and kill anyone who'd ever seen them, along with any photographic evidence
There is a reason that Atlantis has no supporting evidence, but its not a cover up, an obvious reason, a real reason that doesn't require you to invent ridiculous excuses or a cover up bigger than anything in earths history, and to what motivation
Go look up the definition of a philosopher and compare it with that of a historian, the two are not at all similar, Plato created stories to teach a moral purpose...He even said so himself about Atlantis, but in your haste to release your imagination, you have decided that the facts aren't as important as your belief...

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

One definitely misses the point when one, such as yourself, opts not to read the works of the only ancient source that speaks anything of Atlantis.

Harte

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join