It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Screw climate change

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
As if we could change the sun, which is THE biggest factor in global temps.

Well DUH it is the largest source of heat but as per fricking usual you deniers can't think beyond a simplistic single step. It's not just the amount of heat but how that heat is absorbed and/or radiated back out into space that affects our climate. That is where the CO2 mechanism kicks in.

Gordon Bennett give me strength........

It isn't being a "denier"; it's being a realist. The claims are not proven, and the fraud is rampant (posted about that earlier). It's simply not sound science.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: intrptr

What data...

Data that is too specific to my location for me to be comfortable providing. But you can peruse this:
tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov...

Nice rabbit hole, thanks...

Basically...

The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) Report estimates that the global sea level rise was approximately 1.7-1.8 millimeters per year (mm/yr) over the past century (IPCC, 2007), based on tide station measurements around the world, with projected increased trends in sea level in the 20th Century based on global climate models.

I learned this from you in a past thread. The dynamics of 'sea level rise' are complex with many variables. I picked at your comments about you're location because you began to sound like the worry crowd, letting subjective observation cloud your usually sound judgement.

Link to bay area sea level rise...

For instance, in my locale it used to snow on occasion on the valley floor. Not anymore. If you ask me this isn't 'Global' climate change, but a result of human activity, paving over every square inch of the whole valley floor and filling it with hot car engines and air conditioners that re radiate the combine heat, causing a hotter, stronger inversion layer over the valley that drives out precipitation from clouds. We have to cloud seed more now to force rain on the west coast over California's large population centers to make up for it.

That is man made climate change, locally. I can see the change over a life time.

edit on 4-7-2016 by intrptr because: added link

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I picked at your comments about you're location because you began to sound like the worry crowd, letting subjective observation cloud your usually sound judgement.
You mean I haven't been talking about AGW and its effects for years here on ATS?

That is not the bay I live on, btw.

edit on 7/4/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I picked at your comments about you're location because you began to sound like the worry crowd, letting subjective observation cloud your usually sound judgement.
You mean I haven't been talking about AGW and its effects for years here on ATS?

That is not the bay I live on, btw.

You are the one that showed me the rise is steady over the last century (about half a foot). That chart is the same most everywhere. Do you agree the world is steadily warming from the ice age and that explains melting glaciers and permafrost? Or do you think its human activity thats done that, recently.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Do you agree the world is steadily warming from the ice age and that explains melting glaciers and permafrost?
No. The world has not been steadily warming since the last glacial period. If it were it would be much, much warmer than it is.

eesc.columbia.edu...

Or do you think its human activity thats done that, recently.
Really, you haven't seen me say this? I think that human activity is the primary cause for the current warming trend.
edit on 7/4/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Hw does that (interesting) graph explain the current political trend, it actually is going down at the end? Do we know what caused that gynormous spike 14000 years ago?

Looks like the planet is waiting for another impactor to blanket the earth with dust and cool it off...

until then, the band plays on.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

You haven't posted any proof that global temperatures have been rising. Saying it's so isn't proof. As for the sources, they are already posted. Read them and learn, or don't. Your option. The global warming crowd has too many cases of fraud and gross misrepresentation to be deemed credible, by anyone with a real respect for science.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join