It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Blocking Syrian Christians Admittance To USA In Favor Of Sunni Muslims.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

- Record Number of Syrian Refugees Accepted in June, But Almost No Christians -- and another from The Hill -- UN: Critics wrong on Christian Syrian refugees . Both confirm that the number of Christian refugees is extremely low and disproportionate to the Syrian Christian population.
Thankyou for your extra source's, hope all the Domocrat's posting negative posts on this subject can be educated a little more........

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
The realities of the Syrian Christians that Obama doesn't want and how is easier to have them decimated than protecting them.

After all US used to be majority Christian nation and still is.

Syria's beleaguered Christians

Syria's Christian community is one of the oldest in the world, going back two millennia.

The apostle Paul is said to have been converted on the road to Damascus, while some Christians from the town of Maaloula can still speak Aramaic, the language of Jesus.

Near the northern city of Aleppo is the Church of St Simeon Stylites, who spent decades on top of a stone pillar to demonstrate his faith, while in the mountains west of Homs is the castle of Krak des Chevaliers, which was a fortress for the Knights Hospitaller during the Crusades.

The castle is now badly damaged, bombed by government jets after it was used as a base by rebels in Syria's civil war.

The future of Christians in Syria is threatened not by Muslims but by chaos
Gregorios III Laham, Melkite Greek Catholic Patriarch

Nor has that war spared the Christian community. Thousands have been forced from their homes by the threat from hardline Islamist rebels and jihadist militants.

A bit of history first on this minority Syrian religious group

Interstingly at one time in history they represented a 30% of the Syrian population now nobody really knows how many are still alive, in refugees Christian havens or camps.

Its say that only a mere 10% survive, destitute.

Minority rights

Christians are believed to have constituted about 30% of the Syrian population as recently as the 1920s. Today, they make up about 10% of Syria's 22 million people.

Sunni Muslims meanwhile make up some 70% of the population and about 12% are Alawites, members of a heterodox Shia sect to which President Bashar al-Assad belongs. There are smaller numbers of Druze and other sects.

The vast majority of Syrian Christians belong to Eastern denominations. The largest and oldest is the Greek Orthodox Church, which has about 503,000 members. The Armenian Apostolic Church has between 112,000 and 160,000, and the Syriac Orthodox Church about 89,000.

www.bbc.com...

And we are supposed to ignore this horrendous travesty, even I that do not support any organized religion can smell the irony .

Syria’s Christians – who will help them?

www.foxnews.com...

US and the Obama administration will not be the one lining up to do so.

edit on 3-7-2016 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: tommo39

Thankyou for your extra source's, hope all the Domocrat's posting negative posts on this subject can be educated a little more........

You're welcome

More often than not, less well known websites get their information from the bigger and better known sources, so it's usually not difficult to find other sources. I never like to get "all" my information from one source -- mostly because one source never seems to provide all the information! -- and I always like to hear the "other side" of the story... even if it just turns out to be weasel words (like this story!).

What I find sad is how often important stories are barely covered by reputable mainstream sources -- if at all -- which leads others to dismiss the story because they don't know the source or don't like the source, but never question why the reputable mainstream sources don't cover it....

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I agree, Boadicea, that is why I have chosen to take different media outlets and blogs to post from, you are not going to believe all the information I have found that even I didn't know about it, is very informative, even I had no clue how Christians refugees are no considered as priority in the middle east, because they are a minority.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

we are after all a nation of equal opportunity for all.
Yes i agree,and 8 christian's to 2289 muslims in the
june intake is far from equal. (nothing to do with % by religion) The christian's have been murdered,raped, striped of their dignity and are singled out for special torture.This "degrading" does NOT happen to muslims by muslims, sure they are killed by their president's airforce but not tortured like the christians. obama's "soft spot " for islam stems from his schooling in a "muslim madrasa" in Indonesia. And don't forget his birth father and step farther are both muslims........

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: tommo39

I have to agree that is a discrepancy that can not be ignored, is good to dig out some information, I have to say some of the atrocities committed against Syrian Christians in refugee camps is not for the soft at hart.

Very sad.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
Why? Because the MAJORITY of the Syrian population is Muslim. Like, 90+%.
The Christian population is like 10%.

Are they all fleeing religious persecution? If so, which religion?

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: buster2010

We already have millions of Muslim refugees in the US, we don't need anymore, or you just want to push the rhetoric, I already posted in the discrepancy on the religious side of it.

The tax payers have been paying for the refugees needs for years.

And we have more Christians than a dog has fleas in this country so why do we need more? Obviously people needing help doesn't matter to you unless they are Christians right?

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

I don't play with numbers so lightly as you, facts are facts is not a few, is millions of them.

You haven't stated any facts only conjecture.

Pew Research has estimated that immigration will cause the population of U.S. Muslims to more than double over the next two decades—from 2.6 million in 2010 to 6.2 million in 2030. This demographic change is entirely the product of legal admissions–that is, it is a formal policy of the federal government adopted by Congress.

In the article you linked it says 2030 when I woke up this morning it is still 2016. So you are making up "facts" for something that doesn't even exist yet but you used Breitbart as your source so that's understandable.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

I agree, Boadicea, that is why I have chosen to take different media outlets and blogs to post from, you are not going to believe all the information I have found that even I didn't know about it, is very informative, even I had no clue how Christians refugees are no considered as priority in the middle east, because they are a minority.

I started reading your links and forgot to reply! Really interesting stuff. I knew that the Christian Church had a long and beautiful history in Syria. Starting with Mary Magdalene and her Syrian father, Cyrus. I read up a little on it several years ago after seeing a video of a statue of Mary "speaking" at a church in Syria. (It was a little sad for me to watch the video. I would absolutely love to believe Mary really animated that statue!!! But with CGI and all the tricks of the trades, it just wasn't convincing.... but a little part of me still hopes it was). I believe there is another claimed Marian visitation to a woman in Damascus as well. But traditionally, the Muslims and Christians in Syria got along just fine. Islam honors the Virgin Mary the greatest woman who ever lived. I remember a mosque being named for the Virgin Mary not so long ago. All the hatred is caused by state religion as law... as a weapon of power. Not religion itself.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

Seems there's always plenty of hate to go around doesn't it. Love or Tolerance or Acceptance not so much. But never a shortage of hate it seems.

It's like the one thing that has a never ending demand and infinite supply.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

That was the sad thing of the Syrian war is that before the war started Syria population got along just fine.

Christians and Muslims co-existed for centuries in the region, but in several countries including Egypt, Tunisia and Libya, ultra-conservative Islamic groups have launched violent attacks on minority groups in order to rally their supporters against infidels and propel themselves to power.

Extremist rebels regularly shell Christian neighborhoods in Damascus and kidnap Christians for ransom in areas under their control. GlobalPost has learned that Christians are also being kidnapped in Damascus by militias supporting Bashar al-Assad.

pulitzercenter.org...

How can we as a nation have allowed for all the crap happening in the middle east.

To the point that millions of Muslim are now spreading all over nations that never had to worry about this exodus since world wars, to the point that most Christians no only have lost their countries but heir lives to extremist movements.

I love history and specially the rich history of the middle eastern regions by the time all the conflicts fought in that region of the world is over is not going to be anything left for future generations to see.

But then again isn't that what extremist Islam wants, to erase history from the face of the earth.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: tommo39

If you don't like the discussion i'll give you my old push bike so you can push off into the sunset......

It's not the discussion but your source material that I'm taking issue with which I thought I made fairly clear in my post.

BTW, if you really want to get rid of me, comments like that aren't the way to do it. You have no idea how much more interested I am in hanging around your threads now that I know you dislike me and my opinions.

This might be our first step on a long, long road together.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Well, i did offer you my old "push bike", better than walking your long road.....Ha Ha....Not a problem for me i'm used to your kind......

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: tommo39

Well, i did offer you my old "push bike", better than walking your long road.....Ha Ha....Not a problem for me i'm used to your kind......

What's my kind???

Anyone who thinks you need a better source for your information than a clickbait Religious news site???

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Can someone tell me what the point is, to waiting 2 frikin years as a refugee?

Does anyone find this odd besides me?

If you are a refugee from an on going war torn country, one would think the chances of being alive for that time is pretty slim.

Where are they waiting for 2 frikkin YEARS!?

It's all BS.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   

I see you predictably couldn't let an opportunity to demonstrate your hate for Christians and a chance to trash them pass you by unnoticed.

Soooooooooo impressive.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I love history and specially the rich history of the middle eastern regions by the time all the conflicts fought in that region of the world is over is not going to be anything left for future generations to see.

It is very very sad. The Middle East has been reduced to a caricature of it's former glory. I think this literally qualifies as a crime against humanity itself. While it has a strong religious history, their contributions to the world in terms of astronomy and mathematics and so much more is invaluable.

I'm sickened at the part we've played in their downfall.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Can someone tell me what the point is, to waiting 2 frikin years as a refugee?
Mate, waiting 2 years is nothing compared to the waiting time for refugees migrants in SE Asia. After registration with the UN,you must be processed, this can take up to 4-8 years. I have friends who were in Malaysia from Myamar,christians, who fled the army purge a few years ago and hoped to resettle in Australia. Around 2 years ago they were offered the US, but for personal reasons turned it down. Then i find out they have resettled in NZ, a lovely couple who were not afraid of hard work, and their total wait time was 5.5 yrs. So, it seems the US is giving priority to queue jumpers from Syria with only a minimal wait time.......

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN

I see you predictably couldn't let an opportunity to demonstrate your hate for Christians and a chance to trash them pass you by unnoticed.

Soooooooooo impressive.

I have no hate for Christians show my hate. If anything is predictable it's the ignorance coming from the people who think that just because a person is from one religion then they should be held in higher regard and given special privileges.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join