It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starbucks Employees Petition Company To Stop Slashing Hours After Raising Wages

page: 21
<< 18  19  20   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
January 29, 2017

STARBUCKS pledges to hire 10,000 refugees.

money.cnn.com...

Will current Starbuck employees be sent to the Unemployment line, to make way for Refugees? (i.e. Illegal Aliens)

BE AWARE: If certain refugees sneeze on your latte or scone.. you could die quickly.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
January 29, 2017

money.cnn.com...

Will current Starbuck employees be sent to the Unemployment line, to make way for Refugees? (i.e. Illegal Aliens)

BE AWARE: If certain refugees sneeze on your latte or scone.. you could die quickly.

That means they can hire 10,000 Americans !!

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Do we want them to hire 10,000 Americans? That's 10,000 people who won't be holding a middle class job.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Do we want them to hire 10,000 Americans? That's 10,000 people who won't be holding a middle class job.

But they'll be employed.

Get it? Nudge Nudge

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   

But they'll be employed.

Get it? Nudge Nudge

I do love my starbucks coffee in the mornings and afternoons, but at the same time some jobs just aren't worth creating. If you're aiming a job at an adult, it needs to pay atleast 70% of the median wage to start in order to be worth working for that person. Less than that and they're better off having time to themselves to focus on improvement. That same argument applies to job creation, if you're creating jobs below that threshold, and you expect adults to work them, it's better to not create them so that we can have a higher skilled work force.

I actually think highly of Starbucks, they're as moral as you can expect a company to be, and they're trying to do the right thing here. My argument is, we're not fixing the country by getting people to serve coffee. It's a good job for children and immigrants though.

I've used this logic here before, and I'll use it again because it seems topical. We can have 10,000 people making subsistance wages, reliant somewhat on the government. Or we could have 1000 people with middle class jobs, and 9000 people more reliant. I'll take the second group every time because it means a few are self sufficient.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan
Those middle class jobs buy the coffee from the barista with the earrings in their face. Do you think that the money goes and sits?

The middle class also earn enough money to start their own businesses.

We were sold a lie when we were told service sector jobs will be fine, and that the manufacturing can be done for peanuts in 3rd world labor pools.
Trickle down doesn't work. Service economy sucks. And the corps loved the last 35 years that they have been allowed (lobbied) to run all over the world and get the products made for pennies and sell them for hundreds.
We will see if Trump is true to his word.

I've used this logic here before, and I'll use it again because it seems topical. We can have 10,000 people making subsistance wages, reliant somewhat on the government. Or we could have 1000 people with middle class jobs, and 9000 people more reliant. I'll take the second group every time because it means a few are self sufficient.

edit on 29-1-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
January 29, 2017

money.cnn.com...

I hope the American refugees consist of deranged Anti-Trump whiners who threatened to leave America if Donald Trump won, and promised us that they were really leaving, after he won.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Aazadan
Those middle class jobs buy the coffee from the barista with the earrings in their face. Do you think that the money goes and sits?

The middle class also earn enough money to start their own businesses.

We were sold a lie when we were told service sector jobs will be fine, and that the manufacturing can be done for peanuts in 3rd world labor pools.
Trickle down doesn't work. Service economy sucks. And the corps loved the last 35 years that they have been allowed (lobbied) to run all over the world and get the products made for pennies and sell them for hundreds.
We will see if Trump is true to his word.

While a good bit of economic protectionism can bring back the good paying jobs, and I think Trump can do it. It will have other consequences, particularly for our multinationals and for Wall Street. Going it alone has never put up a good showing for long. We have to have trade deals with other nations, and that's ultimately going to mean exporting jobs somewhere.

top topics

<< 18  19  20   >>

join