It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best first date ideas...

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird
a reply to: Abysha

For what it's worth, I agree with you.
I can't help but think of what a wonderful tool the internet can be for folks who are homebound for whatever reasons and may not have the ability or desire to go out in public often or in big crowds but still long for the connection of the romantic type. I work with some folks who find it very intimidating and challenging to go out into the public and have formed quite a few of their friendships by online means. Some evolved into a romantic tryst and some not.

Maybe some folks aren't good face to face immediately and the internet offers them the opportunity to get to know someone's mind first.

Of course physical attraction may be the initial spark between most folks but if there's nothing else then well there's nothing else.

My 2 cents.

Yeah, you are so right. It's great for those people, as well. I think the biggest demographic for online dating, though, are busy professionals and parents.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

I know about busy, don't get me wrong.

I simply do not accept that as an excuse to rob the wonder and magic from even the most intimate of things, by relying on a bloody algorithm to do what the universe used to do perfectly well on its own. I can tell you this much with certainty. I woulld not waste my time trying my luck with anyone who thinks any differently to me on this point.

I am very broad minded to a point, but there are some things, with regard to how I, personally roll around this rock, that are NEVER going to change, not because of stubbornness, or because I think I am perfect (I am by no means perfect) but because they are right, and changing the ways I have would be wrong.
edit on 7-7-2016 by TrueBrit because: Deets

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
I am very broad minded to a point, but there are some things, with regard to how I, personally roll around this rock, that are NEVER going to change, not because of stubbornness, or because I think I am perfect (I am by no means perfect) but because they are right, and changing the ways I have would be wrong.

You are such an amazing individual who surprises most of ATS regularly with your insights. I would not be surprised if the universe gifted you with such a fateful encounter.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
First dates don't need to be mechanical, stereotypical magical events. My husband asked me out to an art museum on our first. It was one of my favorite places since childhood (loved field trips to it! Was probably the only kid who wasn't bored) and I figured it would be a good gauge for whether or not he was bluffing to impress, or actually interested in art & art history (proved to be the latter) Bonus was there was artifacts there that day from an ancient Mediterranean culture, and we both had equal novice understanding of it. To say we had geek fun was an understatement, it was effing nerd-gasm awesome.

Second date was a trip to a local park with significant historical importance to the area, suggested on my part. Much boning was to be had afterward, and 12 years of "OMG, there's a brain & it works!" later has been well worth it. Quantity of fun stuff smashed into a date is one thing, but it's really the quality that's the deal-maker or breaker. The definition of fun is entirely subjective, though.
edit on 7/7/2016 by Nyiah because: lol, a most unfortunate Freudian slip typo.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

After a first date 2 weeks ago I look back and see that talking was the key. No movies or fine wine. We did fun things together. The other day we took her boat to Catalina Island and we were alone in the ocean just learning about each other.

I have to say being open and truthful is the key to love. Communication plays a major role. Be yourself and if that person cannot see you for you move on. We are all human I think. Lol. So we make mistakes and have to freely forgive and forget.

All of us are unique in our own way. A first date can always fade away or it can mean a second or third date.❤️

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Just noticed this thread, I think dating is over with in society..men spend a few pennies and then throw you to the curb... don't trust them or care about them.
So if I went on a date with a woman...I would treat them better and not expect intimate behavior or even kiss at the doorstep after a first date... there is so little patience left in playing the field properly I'm utterly disgusted by human behavior these days.
Why rush things? Isn't a date, food, then movie, then spoken word of appreciation and if there is to be another date?
I have reasons why I don't accept food from men..to graphic to share..
Anyways, great thread.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

Exactly my thoughts. I'm asking a girl out(friend's sis) and really people need to slow down. My last relationship compared to my friends is wow, the difference in speed.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc thank you for sharing, blessings on your day.
Happy in'm not the only person thinking as I do... sorry my English is poor, ''exactly my thoughts''.. is in agreement? To what I suggest as a date?
Nice time to you and your friend's sister.
I'm sure she will like you, if you agree with my post about, appropriate behavior and timing...
Sorry, I have trouble speaking/writing...I have a diagnosis of stupidity...I mean, mental illness and can't understand too much anymore.
May your experience go well.
Thank you for replying, I appreciate you taking the time to write a reply,
I have difficult time feeling welcome, here, anymore and feel like I am a troll.
Hope I kept on topic?

edit on 13-7-2016 by peppycat because: i'm sick

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Yes I agree with you! And do not dare call yourself stupid! I'm not so sure, though everyone on this site that has had a say so far thinks so. But then...they know nothing of the girl or the situation except for her being my best friends younger sister.

You are very welcome here! I hope you one day realize that. Feel welcome ok? You're a great person. I've told you this or similar before I believe.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc
Yes I agree with you! And do not dare call yourself stupid! I'm not so sure, though everyone on this site that has had a say so far thinks so.

i'm not so sure, though everyone on this site that has had a say so far thinks so.

So am I misreading this?
Why don't they say it to me directly?
Whatever.
Thanks for letting me know.
Real nice people...
Hope you smart people find love and wealth..

I'll be digging around garbage bins and dying in the streets... celebrate and be happy!
Have a good time on earth.

edit on 14-7-2016 by peppycat because: so i'm a stupid messed up idiot according to folks, here...thanks

Oh never mind, they calling your friend stupid?
Does that make them feel good about theirselves?
I thought people were nice here, guess I'm mistaken
edit on 14-7-2016 by peppycat because: logging out for good, by...hope my writing sells it is yours now.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

People are nice here. You're mistaken!

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Not sure I believe much of words on screen, any longer. Thanks, will stop posting.
edit on 15-7-2016 by peppycat because: insulted most thoroughly

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   

You're just misunderstanding...literally everything said was positive.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc I have an Eyeore complex, in'll be okay.
Bow bow bow.... mow mow mew.

edit on 15-7-2016 by peppycat because: sorry

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Eeyore complex? Never heard of it.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

Watched this one the other night, it is what I am studying and hope to share more insight into the teachings of other characters... unless anyone else knows the wisdom of each character...I am not sure which one is my favorite yet, then I will focus on him...maybe the owl?

edit on 15-7-2016 by peppycat because: just thinking, deer.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

What does she like to do? Does she like art? History? Sports? Insane Clown Possee (god forbid)? If you don't know, you need to find out. It will help you in your decision making and would help us "first date idea" folks out tremendously.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: twistedbrother

Presumably asking her out Monday. I have a plan(to an extent if she says yes). If I made the OP there would be more info. If I knew all that I'd probably have it figured out. But thanks for the help
Or the attempt
She wants a girl type of date. A dinner for example. Or part of it being a dinner.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Well good luck to you my friend. You live in one of the most cosmopolitan cities in the world so I doubt finding something to do will be a problem for an intelligent guy like you seem to be....and she'll recognize that. If you still want to bake her something keep in mind that baking is a science, not an art. You can easily end up with something burned on the bottom and gruel in the center. Definitely practice beforehand

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: twistedbrother
I'll definitely practice the whole thing prior to actually doing it(assuming she says yes). Thank you again.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join