It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best first date ideas...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

What do you think of going out to the park(like Central Park) eating some baked good and drinking coffee(and talking of course) and then simply walking around(after having sat at a bench or on the grass) then to a movie, dinner or you know walking.

I feel stupid for asking

edit on 2-7-2016 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc

What do you think of going out to the park(like Central Park) eating some baked good and drinking coffee(and talking of course) and then simply walking around(after having sat at a bench or on the grass) then to a movie, dinner or you know walking.

I feel stupid for asking

Honestly, I'd skip the movie since that's more like an activity you do with somebody you aren't actively trying to get to know.

The rest of what you said sounds like a great first date to me.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Ok how about a long walk on the beach. I stop and look deep into my dates eyes and we just talk about love and life. We walk some more and hold hands. Next we sit on the warm sand and enjoy each other.

After that we find a quiet dinner spot and talk for hours and drink red wine.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Hm, skip the movie you say. Well I'll ask if she'd like to see a movie maybe. Well first. I need to ask her out. And yeah you're right. I think a movie is fine after a couple dates.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

I agree skip a movie. That can wait. Get to know her and feel her soul of her self and how she feels about life. Talk with her and see if you two click.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12

Ok how about a long walk on the beach. I stop and look deep into my dates eyes and we just talk about love and life. We walk some more and hold hands. Next we sit on the warm sand and enjoy each other.

After that we find a quiet dinner spot and talk for hours and drink red wine.

I'm sure that would fit a lot of personalities out there but it's not really my bag. For that kind of date, I need to feel the chemistry and that's rarely something I'm able to feel right away. Most chemistry I feel comes from knowing what kind of person he is from the first date, which requires physical closeness, eye contact, and "light" conversation.

Oh, and I can't overstate the importance of wit and compliments with me. I know it's cliche but the right kind of cleverness and flattery will make me forget a whole lot of rules I've set for myself ahead of time.

So the kind of date you described would likely be a second or third date for me. But, like I said, it would match a whole lot of other personalities out there.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

That makes sense. A movie seems sort of lazy actually.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Ok I see. Ok your a girl? So what words of love turn you on. Are you a first date with the love mode and I could talk about how beautiful you look and how your hair is amazing!
edit on 7 2 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   

I feel stupid for asking

Sounds perfect to me!

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Well first. I need to ask her out.

If you haven't asked her out already, all the better. While you are learning more about her in a platonic context, find out what she might enjoy doing so when you do ask her out, she'll realize how thoughtful you are by remembering those details.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Night Star please tell us about your first date with your rock star husband

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
Are roses appropriate for a first date? Or well one rose anyways.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
My situation is tough? May be tough? I don't actually have contact with her...I'm friends with her brother. I did talk a little with her.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I have found that giving a rose on the first date is great! The problem is if you two fall in love and stop the roses in the future we have a problem. That happened to me. After two years she said where are my roses. Lol we are not together anymore after 10 years. I am looking for my new first date too. Lol

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Ok I see. Ok your a girl? So what words of love turn you on. Are you a first date with the love mode and I could talk about how beautiful you look and how your hair is amazing!

Hah! I am actually pretty "old fashioned" considering everything else that defines me. But most of that serious stuff kind of falls on my deaf ears if it's brought into the mix before any sort of chemistry is established. Obviously, that does happen but it's rare and never something I plan for.

Seriously, first date conversation with me is more like witty banter, with little jabs of sexy-time thrown in. If it is too explicit early on, it loses its purpose for me.

And everybody likes flattery, as long as it matches the mood. Some people like me are 100% fueled by flattery so it might just be your best bet, hah!

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Your a cool person. I think taking you on a first date would be awesome! Your a real person and that says a lot. I would invite you over to my house have you help me cook dinner!

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

LOL I just like giving flowers whenever for no reason. I like seeing the smile. LOL Double date

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

I know your first date with her will be amazing. Your a good person!

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Your a cool person. I think taking you on a first date would be awesome! Your a real person and that says a lot. I would invite you over to my house have you help me cook dinner!

Awwww... you have no idea. I gots me lots of baggage, hah!

Seriously, though... I'm a super boring first date. It's part of my patented "Abby Screening Process".

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Assuming there is a first date
Thank you for the kind words.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join