It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best first date ideas...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12Pier..Bingo

When I was young my favorite first date was a local dinner, simple. An hour or two and then if she was interested a movie or a walk. Second date was Playland at the Beach in San Francisco. That would take a good drive from across the bay where I lived but it was far enough to be adventurous yet almost childish fun once there and not threatening. But that was back in the mid 60s so those values may no longer hold. Any way , I'd go with the Pier.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Me and Mr. Kentuckymama went bungee jumping on our first date. He vomited. Still married him.

link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I like your drive Idea. Could be fun. San Fran is a great place for a first date idea. Do you still live there?

link   
a reply to: Quantum12

She looks melancholy,.

To be honest, no woman could match Mrs Cobaltic I'm afraid.

link   

Very nice, I would never date a celebrity. So much baggage, too high a price.

But thanks, In my experience good first dates just happened. Like we would go to parties, concerts or the beach with some people and all of a sudden you realize you and this other person are having a great time together. Thats my idea of a great first date, kinda of spontaneous.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
My first 'date' was I invited her over to watch a movie.

Second was to help me wash the walls in a room I was getting ready to paint.

Third was the "body worlds" exhibit, as it was in town.

The way I see it, if you're not having fun doing chores together, it's doomed from the start anyway.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Kentuckymama

That is a good idea. Or a skydive first date. I am happy you married him.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

I am sending you on a date with your wife to Alaska. A small cabin in the woods for two weeks.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Yes, I married him and we made several offspring that have followed in his footsteps...to vomit on me. I haven't gone skydiving yet, but I try to go base jumping at least once every year or so. I go with my sister since my husband just can't deal with it.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Wow, that Susan is a real Fox!!!

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Wow you took her to the Body Worlds? Your brave. Are you two still dating or married now?

link   
dp
edit on 7 2 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Quantum12

I am sending you on a date with your wife to Alaska. A small cabin in the woods for two weeks.

Now that, I will accept.

Cheers Q my man

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Have fun! There is lots of firewood and fresh food. Drinks too if you drink. Cheers

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12

Have fun! There is lots of firewood and fresh food. Drinks too if you drink. Cheers

If I drink?

I'm from the U.K, of course we drink.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Ok there is a full bar no problem. Lol

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Funny story. I met my first wife in KC and brought her back to the Bay. I took her on a drive around the scenic route through the hills and parks of SF and saved the best for last. Out under the Golden Gate and back through the Presidio and out to the old Sutro baths and finally there was the Cliff House standing proud and I told her that the best was right around the bend. As we passed the Cliff House and looked south, there where Playland had stood proud for a century was a Safeway store and condos. No one had told me, I was crushed.

No, When I retired I moved up north where we found a nice little house on the river and hardly venture back that way now. I don't miss it. Too much traffic, too many people, to much cost and too much glitz for my tender old age.

But then at fifty, I met my present wife in a park where we walked and talked and set up a second date. On the way to dinner we looked at each other and decided to just head back to her place and got right to it. That was twenty years ago.

edit on 31America/ChicagoSat, 02 Jul 2016 19:40:37 -0500Sat, 02 Jul 2016 19:40:37 -050016072016-07-02T19:40:37-05:00700000040 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Your story is great!

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: gort51

You can take intrptr's spot to Mars. He bailed on her. Lol

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   

It depends on if it's just me and him or not. If it's just the two of us, I usually let the date pick the spot, for a couple of reasons. One, I'm terribly indecisive about these sorts of things until I get to know the person better, and two, their choice helps me get to know the person better.

Ultimately, I like super simple first dates, where the focus is on the people on the date, quiet setting, and lots of opportunity for eye contact and discussions about passions and perspectives. I've been on a couple lately that just involved a quick stop at a cafe and a long stroll through Mt. Tabor Park or the nearby cemetery (not creepy, it's just an extremely gorgeous grave yard).

When my spouse is involved, it's usually similar but revolves more around daycare schedules. Our favorite dates, period, are getting our date to snuggle with us and watch Game of Thrones so we try to escalate things to that point as quickly as possible.

So your date that you put in the OP, for example, wouldn't be quite so fun for me but you would probably be bored if I made the plans.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join