It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You can have your cake, or you can eat it.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Im tired, im really tired of hearing stories about people being slaves, not being able to choose what they want to do..
Everyone has a choice, no one is stopping you... No one has stopped you for the last 70 years, its your choice.. No one else..
But if you want to be a part of society, and everything that is included in it..You pay for yourself, you put in your hours of obligations to it..

If you dont want to be a part of society, there isnt a single one stopping you from moving to a remote place... The problem is you, always has been, always will be..

This is one of the quotes im offering; You can have your cake, or you can eat it. You cant have it both ways..

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

there isnt a single one stopping you from moving to a remote place...

Except for you know... lack of survival skills that you were never taught when growing up. Kinda hard to learn those when you're working 40+ hours a week trying to survive where you are right now.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

So you mean work for 40 hours a week is stopping you from not wanting to work for 40 hours a week? And move to a remote place..? The means of society is being able to produce a foodsource for 12 months a year.. Moving to nature, you have 4 seasons, fish, hunt, picking berries, and during the winter ferment that #s.. Dont forget to pick all the herbs for medicine in case you get sick..

Or you think a spiritual guide and yoga provides enough food?

Even better, if you want to be free in society,, Homeless, you can beg for food and some coins.. But your free every day..

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Living off the grid is now illegal in many parts of the country.

So yeah, society does prevent people from getting away from society.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

there isnt a single one stopping you from moving to a remote place...

Except for you know... lack of survival skills that you were never taught when growing up. Kinda hard to learn those when you're working 40+ hours a week trying to survive where you are right now.

So you don't want to work, and don't want to put in the effort to learn skills to be self sufficient, you want to not work and be taken care of ...

Seems like exactly what OP referred to. (I am not referring to you as being this way, but the mentality in your post)

Getting what you want in life is not supposed to be easy, it's suppose to be rewarding.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I don't want to work for a middle man. There's a difference. Animals and tribal people work directly for their food and may settle down wherever they like without cost, you cannot say the same about modern society. We must work for money which is a middle man between us and what we need, it is also a tool of debt enslavement.

I have no issue working for my food, what I have a problem with is working for money which has no real value except for what a bank decides its value is. The system is broken, money is used to enslave us. I have direct deposit and use a debit card, what I am supposedly worth is just a bunch of arbitrary numbers that run through a computer, there is no real value to the money I make and that is the case with the majority of people these days.

Debt is an illusion by the fact that there isn't enough money in the world to account for the debt in place. Every dollar that is made has a magical and non-existent debt attached to it. You tell me there's not something wrong with that picture.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Look up Christopher McCandless....
en.wikipedia.org...

He died but only because he did not have proper education on survival.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

You need to catch up on history, and stop idealising eras..

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I don't know what world you live in but many homeless people
risk being arrested for being homeless.It has gotten to the point
that people helping the homeless face being arrested as well.
I don't know many people that would feel "free" having to beg
for food and coins.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Money has always had debt attached to it and has always been a tool used to enslave people. I'm not singling any particular era out I'm just using ours as an example because it is the most obvious and apparent.

We are not free, we are slaves who think we are free.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Let's move back thousands of years when food was in abundance, the lands were green and full of meat, grass, fruit and berries.. 7,5 billion people live joyful lives, everyone goes their own business.. The animals live side by side, telling how much they love each other..

I'm convinced the food you gathered, the child you raised, the farm you built, the cows you feed.. When that winter comes.. Someone is gonna pillage,
Rape and murder..

It's the twisted mindset some wishful thinkers have that we are peaceful beings.. As long as there is food, yes.. When that little dip happens for a week.. Wait 3-4 days.. That's how long it takes for a human to become an animal.. Something you won't even recognise..

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

You are a slave under your physical body..

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I never said people were more peaceful a few thousand years ago did I? Your argument doesn't really make any sense in the context of the discussion because people being peaceful was never a part of it.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
How can you eat your cake if you don't have it?

You can only eat your cake if you have it.

To eat cake that is not yours is to steal someone else's cake.

I never really understood that saying.

If I want to eat cake, I will get cake and have cake, so I can eat it.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Please go do some research on Agenda 21. Yes, you can do whatever the hell you want even if its illegal, just be prepared to suffer the consequences.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Only if you let it have control over you though. Life requires death, does that mean I'm a slave to death? I don't think so.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
If you are able to work, and do so, then you are getting your cake. If you live within your means, you just ate that cake.

If you blame others for your sucky life, you don't deserve cake.

Be responsible for your own actions. If you lack skills, don't blame anyone but yourself.

If you live off the grid, and your county arrests you, you failed to research local laws. You failed to get proper permits.

And if you go back 1000 years...Kids contacted disabling/crippling diseases and died. Girls married in their early teens. If you made it to 50, you were a legend. Majority of the population endured very hard labour. Boys as young as 12 were soldiers.

Suck it up buttercup, your lives are better now than they ever will be.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
The cake is a lie.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Freija

Unless it is German chocolate. Then cake is good, very good.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
How can you eat your cake if you don't have it?

You can only eat your cake if you have it.

To eat cake that is not yours is to steal someone else's cake.

I never really understood that saying.

If I want to eat cake, I will get cake and have cake, so I can eat it.

That really did make me laugh out loud ! I never understood that saying either, why have a cake you can't eat ? I guess the point is once you eat it, it's gone, but so what ?

As to the OP, most people are willing to share some of their "cake" to keep society running for the common good, but we don't much care for gluttonous bullies stealing our "cake".

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join