It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Campaign Says FBI Interviewed Hillary Clinton About Her Emails While She Was Secretary of State

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

She sure is! She's a bitch and just as bad if not worse than Trump. Not sure why you posted that image when I agree with it. She's not worth two farts in the wind in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Indeed:

Both Lynch and Bill Clinton have insisted the meeting was completely "social," focusing on grandchildren, golf, travel, the Brexit vote, “and things like that," as Lynch put it.

ABC news

Lots of wiggle room when you are discussing "things like that."

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: Xcathdra

As loathe as I am to agree with Xue, I will reiterate the point: Lynch didn't say ALL they talked about was the grandkids.

The devil is in the details, after all.

But Lynch did go on the record stating they never discussed the investigation...

AP - Attorney general wishes she hadn't met with Bill Clinton

............Lynch said she understood that her private meeting with Clinton aboard her plane in Phoenix might be seen as compromising the neutrality of the investigation, even though she said the chat was largely social and her department's probe of Hillary Clinton was not discussed.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Campaign Says FBI Interviewed Hillary Clinton About Her Emails While She Was Secretary of State

I think this is nothing more than an attempt to blame the DOJ / FBI for her current situation.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Saying things in a way that they are the truth while still covering things up is a skill that politicians and lawyers have well polished.

Just because they did not specifically discuss the investigation does not mean that Bill did not lean on her with veiled threats asking her to make sure that she does the "right thing"... or else.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

But Lynch did go on the record stating they never discussed the investigation..

Lawyer are famous for choosing their words carefully.

There are a number of ways they could have talked about it.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Sure however whatever language they used it would mean she lied when she said they didnt discuss Hillarys case.

Also just to note - This meeting also occurred just prior to the Benghazi report release.
edit on 2-7-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

"The probe of Hillary (that) was not discussed," could still mean that the probe of the Clinton Foundations was.

As others have pointed out, saying one thing does not necessarily mean that another thing is not applicable.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

and since the Clinton foundation probe is linked into Hilary's probe it would apply to both. Remember they are investigating corruption by Hillary and Bill and emails found during the first investigation is what caused the second investigation.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

That reminded me of a scene from the West Wing (tv show) demonstrating political speak. A leak occurred exposing a military space shuttle. White House Council asked questions -

BABISH
Were you the sole individual involved in leaking this?

TOBY
Yes.

BABISH
Did anyone instruct you to leak this information?

TOBY
No.

BABISH
Anyone suggest you leak it?

TOBY
No.

BABISH
Hint?

TOBY
No.

BABISH
Nudge, wink? Did anyone employ nonverbal means of any kind to suggest in an
explicit or implicit action that you leak this information?

TOBY
No. It was conceived and executed solely on my own.

BABISH
Did you tell anyone you were planning on leaking this?

TOBY
No.

BABISH
Discuss that you were considering doing so?

TOBY
No.

BABISH
Did you speculate to anyone that an individual might be inclined to contemplate
making such a leak?

TOBY
We're going to be here for quite a while, aren't we?

BABISH
I need you to answer the question.

TOBY
No. I didn't speak to anyone at anytime of any scenario involving myself or
someone else thinking, planning, dreaming, or having an out-of-body experience
related to the making of this sort of leak.

BABISH
That's cute, the out-of-body thing, but I don't recommend it with the FBI,
the Congressional Committee, the Federal Prosecutor, or any of the people
who'll be following me.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I read an article of the if's and not's of the meeting, interestingly they point out that perhaps old Bill Clinton was offering Good old Lynch a future in his wife administration if she gets elected after the offices of the Attorney General forget to pursue indictment on Hilary case and stop the probing on the foundation.

Hillary as president with her husband at her sidekick, she will run the nation Bill will work on the shady side deals.

What a pair. Two for the price of one. What a deal.

www.chicagotribune.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Remember they are investigating corruption by Hillary and Bill and emails found during the first investigation is what caused the second investigation.

I remember, and since it's a separate investigation, talking about the "probe of the Clinton Foundation," could qualify under the "probe of Hillary (that) was not discussed," since it is a separate, yet related, investigation.

You know better than many how weasel-like lawyers can be with their wording.

Or maybe I'm just a little too jaded and cynical...

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: burntheships

Tainted? no only that she can never be trusted to run for any other political position in the future, America is not a dictatorship where politicians and political appointees can go around making secret who you know what deals behind the backs of Americans public with those that are under investigation base on national security and corruption.

Seriously Marg6043????? Pray tell, how DOES it work???? Because, I see more of "a dictatorship where politicians and political appointees can go around making secret who you know what deals behind the backs of Americans public" than ever before. Even Obama's gotten in on it. Iran deal anyone????

Please don't take my retort negatively, I usually agree with you but on this one, you're out of the loop. She's so tainted, in fact, she couldn't be any more tainted. There's a reason the polls show she is not trustworthy. If she doesn't win POTUS, she'll likely retire from politics forever, which would be a good thing.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Wouldnt surprise me.. Lynch was appointed as a federal prosecutor in NYC by Bill Clinton when he was President.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
The following statement is sponsored by: Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan and the DNC.

We should make her eat these words.

edit on 2-7-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Another missing part of this Q&A session is why the Hillary Campaign isn't demanding the FBI release the text of the meeting.

The Hillary Campaign was gung-ho when they demanded the 22 emails be released.

Hmmmmm.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Bet she eats crow on that statement soon enough.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Sure however whatever language they used it would mean she lied when she said they didnt discuss Hillarys case.

Also just to note - This meeting also occurred just prior to the Benghazi report release.

The lengths they went to to make sure no one overheard their conversation is the most disturbing aspect of this meeting to me.

It speaks volumes about our government's surveillance capabilities.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

That was the thing that got me as well. When discussing general chit chat, like golf games and grand kids, why was everyone sent out of the room. One would think in order to avoid any appearance of impropriety (aside from not meeting) you would keep other people in the room to confirm it was social only.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

I also read one account that stated that they entered an empty plane, and not the one Lynch was flying on. Can't find it now amongst the raft of pages I've been through this morning, but that struck me as odd.

Anyone else see that?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join