It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Been watching old pro wrestling

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Stone Cold era. What makes this so great is that Vince always got what was coming to him even if it took a while. Where's our Stone Cold to stun the American political system? The best part of a good story is when the good guy gets up on the bad guy. Since wrestling is an exact depiction of real life how come our Vince McMahon hasn't been stunned yet?

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

Since wrestling is an exact depiction of real life how come our Vince McMahon hasn't been stunned yet?

This explains a lot of your other posts.

Thank you for clarifying how you think.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Stone Cold era.

Wow, now I feel really old.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Try to catch some late 1950' -60's REALLY OLD wrestling! Black and white tv, and The "SHEIK", The Beast, Masked Destroyer, Mr. Fuji, Gorilla Monsoon........like 30 years before the time youre speaking...even Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's dad The Samoan...

Used to watch it with my grandpa who didnt speak English....and my grandma(no English either) would watch, laugh and point saying in a heavy-broken accent "Fight! Fight!"

She was more meaning "Fake! Fake!"...the late 50's and 60's were the first years of choreographed wrestling with new "characters" every week....

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

It's a joke. This explains a lot of your posts and why you hate others. You were born without a sense of humor and this only fuels your anger.

Thanks for clarifying how you think.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

That's awesome! I didn't realize it went that far back, but hey now...it's not fake. Linda was catatonic and she rose from the wheelchair live on Raw to slap Vince. Can't get any more real than that.

Late 50's wrestling. Love it.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Wrestling died when Kane became a corporate shill; He's an allegory for modern politics.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

There was actually a time when there was some kind of 'courtship' going on with the McManns and national political leaders. I think one of a presidents state of the union featured one or two of the McManns sitting with the potus's wife. Can't remember which though I think it was Bush. There was a push to reach the youth vote by courting the wrestling family.

And didn't McManns wife even run for some office once or twice? State or federal, can't remember which.

But the fictional advasarial squabbles of wrestling were set to play to the 'we hate the boss' crowd for the most part and as you say ole Vince, the billionaire always got his come-uppance. I always wondered if this was just a psychological false flag, where by so many would feel that the bad guy boogie man was getting his ass handed to him while in reality the big rich guys continued to gain power and no body seemed to care. Know what I mean?

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrokedownChevy
a reply to: mysterioustranger

That's awesome! I didn't realize it went that far back, but hey now...it's not fake. Linda was catatonic and she rose from the wheelchair live on Raw to slap Vince. Can't get any more real than that.

Late 50's wrestling. Love it.

Or, you can go back farther and find the likes of Haystack Callhoun, a mountain of a man who wore overalls to fight in. And ' Classy Freddie Blasie" who originated slur of a smaller wrestler of "pencil neck geek"

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07

Stone Cold era.

Wow, now I feel really old.

Yea, me too. I was thinking the days of Bruno Sanmartino, Moondogs and what was that crazy managers name with the rubber bands twisted in his beard? Lou Albano?

lmao

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

i loved the "legion of doom" "the hitman" and "the rockers", it was great when you thought it was real.
ohh how i wish i was 8 again lol.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Who knew what a trip in the Way Back Machine pro wrestling could be.

I used to watch it with my dad on Sunday mornings, back in the day of The Crusher, George "Scrap Iron" Gadasky, Wahoo McDaniels, Billy Robinson and the Vashon family.

It always impressed me back then and even more today with all the showmanship involved in wrestling that Billy and George shook hands after a match regardless of who won. You just don't see that anymore.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Cheddarhead

I watched it back in the 50s when my mother was not around and then again in the late sixties, when my hippie friends were not around. Then again in the late seventies. But it took my son who was then fifteen to tell me about Goldberg so I started watching once more. I watch for a year or two and then quit for a decade or two and then get hooked again.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Bah! AWA -

Greg Gagne & Jim Brunzell
Verne Gagne
Andre the Giant
"The Crusher"
"The Bruiser"
Baron von Raschke (The Claw)
Bobby "The Brain" Heenan
Nick Bockwinkel
"Black Jack" Lanza
Ray "The Crippler" Stevens

You're all a bunch of WHIPPERSNAPPERS!

Oops! Forgot "Mad Dog" Vachon. He was great.
edit on 7/2/16 by 123143 because: BRAINFART.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Dusty Rhoads, Ric Flair, BlackJack Mulligan, Mr.Wrestling Tim Woods, Wahoo McDaniel, Johnny Valentine, Greg "The Hammer Valentine. Johhny's son. Road Warriors Hawk & Animal........wow I am old as dirt.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
Dusty Rhodes, Ric Flair, BlackJack Mulligan, Mr.Wrestling Tim Woods, Wahoo McDaniels, Johnny Valentine, Greg "The Hammer Valentine. Johhny's son. Road Warriors Hawk & Animal........wow I am old as dirt.

Bolded, I remember.
edit on 7/2/16 by 123143 because: BRAINFART.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I'm from the era when Hulk Hogan used to throw down with Andre the Giant. Jake the Snake Roberts, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Junkyard Dog, Brutus The Barber Beefcake. Damn, I miss the 80's

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Don't get me started

I go back to the days of Rip "The Profile" Hawk and Swede Hanson wrestling Johnny Weaver and George Becker for the Mid-Atlantic Tag Team Titles. Missouri Mauler vs. Argentina Apollo. I watched Rick Flair's rookie year. The first heel turn I remember was a six man match between Baron Von Rashke, Greg Valentine, and Black Jack Mulligan vs. Wahoo McDaniels, Paul Jones, and Ken Patera. Ken Patera turned on his partners and I was devistated; say it ain't so, Ken.

My favorite jobber was Don Kernodle. The man would get his butt kicked every week and keep coming back for more. Finally they gave him a break and paired him up with Ivan Koloff to win the tag team championship. After that, jobber no more.

I'm going to stop now before I spend my whole evening reminiscing.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Man my mom drug me to every match that ever came to town. I too could sit here and hit the way,way back machine for hours.I actually meet Paul Jones, Wahoo McDaniel, Tony Atlas....at the time that was the biggest man I had ever seen!! Meet them thru a contest my mom won on a radio station........sweet jesus I am old. a reply to: VictorVonDoom

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262
Remember when the wrestlers would have matches at local high school gyms? My dad was a police reserve and was absolutely thrilled to get to work one of the events here in town.

He came home laughing because he heard two of the wrestlers who talked crap about each
other on TV every week ask if the other wanted to go out for a beer.

new topics

top topics

join