It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mark of the Antichrist Beast

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ScatteredThirdAngel

Where in the Bible does it say that God named the days of the week and appointed "Saturday" to be the 7th day? He didn't.

Sabbath means day of rest, not Saturday. If the Jews considered Saturday their 7th day, so be it. In case you haven't noticed, we are all in different time zones. If God asked you to meet him on the Sabbath, where and what time do you plan on meeting him? Will you be meeting him on Jerusalem time or yours? I'm guessing you practice the Sabbath on a Saturday that's observed in your time zone. How do you know you're not breaking the law? You don't because God never specified which day or time to rest on as long as you take a rest every 7th day. See how that works? You're wasting your time on foolish things that God couldn't care less about.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

That's why I said the Sabbatarians don't even keep the commandment as God stated in scripture. He said it was a day of rest, and even told the Hebrews not to leave their homes. So they prance around condemning everyone for "not keeping the Sabbath as God commanded" while they themselves are not keeping the Sabbath exactly as God commanded.

Astounding hypocrisy.

edit on 4-7-2016 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   

If the Jews considered Saturday their 7th day, so be it. In case you haven't noticed, we are all in different time zones.

It does get complicated, more than just time zones.

Saturday Sabbath? Or Lunar Sabbath?
The question then arises: "Which day is the Bible Sabbath? Which day is the true seventh-day Sabbath of Scripture?" There are many different, widely-held beliefs regarding when to worship. Three of these views are as follows:

1.Many people believe that there is no need for a specific day of rest since Yahuwah should be worshipped every day.

2.Saturday sabbatarians believe that because Saturday is the last day of the modern seven-day week, it must be the true seventh-day Sabbath. Because modern weeks cycle continuously, they believe Saturday has come down uninterrupted from Creation as the true seventh-day Sabbath.

3.Still others believe that an accumulation of Biblical and historical evidence reveals that the true Sabbath can only be found by using the luni-solar calendar used in Bible times.

There is also a page from that website that goes into calendar changes, Rome had an eight day week. The 7 day week was in use in most of the then known world, probably back to Sumer civilization. I think the Sumerians based their system from known planets ( sun, moon, 5 visible planets).

Strange to say, but many people also use "natural human biological clock" to argue in favor of 7 day week. I did an experiment once by which I determined that my "natural clock" was an eight day cycle. I wonder if that makes me a Roman even though I'm pretty much pure Barbarian?
edit on 4-7-2016 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
@Brotherman

The problem with this, is I find that nearly all these definitions do not line up with the "mark" of the "beast". Let the Scriptures define what a mark is. Or a seal. Like the seal of God that goes in the foreheads of His people, is not a literal seal that people can see. Nor was there to be a literal mark on the children of God who kept His commandments in Exodus 13:7-9, 15-16, Deuteronomy 6:6-8, 11:18. If though you have Scripture which will show that the mark of the beast is 100% physical please do share.

Exodus 13:7-9 Unleavened bread shall be eaten seven days; and there shall no leavened bread be seen with thee, neither shall there be leaven seen with thee in all thy quarters. 8 And thou shalt shew thy son in that day, saying, This is done because of that which the LORD did unto me when I came forth out of Egypt. 9 And it shall be for a sign unto thee upon thine hand, and for a memorial between thine eyes, that the LORD'S law may be in thy mouth: for with a strong hand hath the LORD brought thee out of Egypt.

As the Scriptures show, the sign on their hand, and memorial between their eyes was not a mark placed upon the skin.
edit on 5-7-2016 by ScatteredThirdAngel because: Having Trouble with my response

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical
Sabbatarians totally forget what Jesus said to the woman at the well. Still thinking they must go to a certain building on 1 day of the week for worship, totally ignoring that worshipping God in spirit and truth is a 7 days of the week thing and isn't in a building.

But hey, why let Jesus get in the way of the tradition of the elders of their denomination, they knew better? (Forget Mark 7 also, probably a false translation)

Then to top it all off, these guys don't even follow the guidelines and commands God gave for observing the Sabbath! Lol

"Ye shall not add to the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you." - Deuteronomy 2:4

Do Sabbatarians keep the Sabbath as it is explicitly commanded by God in the scriptures? They don't, therefore based on Deuteronomy 2:4 they have made the Word of God to be none effect by their tradition of their elders.

No one should be teaching it’s wrong to worship God every day. I advocate this to happen, and at least twice a day, morning worship and evening worship. You can even hold nightly Bible studies at church.
But it’s that the Sabbath is an all day thing, as the Bible says, to keep the day holy.

As for ignoring Deuteronomy 2:4, this is a false accusation. The conditions of the Sabbath are laid out in the 10 Commandments. The temple services were nailed to the cross, with the other handwriting of ordinances. The stoning of someone who breaks God’s law, was for the Jewish economy, and was not commanded in the 10 Commandments.

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

whoa wow man.......

I got to about 2:30 in, and had to turn it off. By the way, I live in Kansas City, and I never heard of the Redemptoral College....what is that, please? Also - the C.S.S.R.??? Is that a thing?

Who is Father Enright?

GASP! I just looked it up!

Yeah, Father Enright that was 130 years ago. Please don't be sucked in to that SDA or SDR or whatever . Oh dear.....
well - anyway - so, yeah. There you go - please explain how you learned about this stuff, who taught you, and why are you listening to them.
That's what I'd like you to continue explaining.

Because I don't want to have to say to or about you what Idella said to Miss Daisy

Sometimes I think you ain't got the sense God gave a lemon!

Don't be "ain't got the good sense God gave a lemon."

Well, I’ll tell you what. If what I am learning is wrong, please show me my error. Are there any verses in the Bible that teach a sign upon your hands and forehead is actually quite literal, and not metaphorical?

a reply to: Raggedyman

I'm not advocating a religion. Christianity is a relationship with Christ. With that said, there are a lot of cults and false teachers that will try to make it about Legalism and rituals. But they're blind guides. Jesus gave 2 commands, no longer the 613 + 10 commands of the OT.

What is the definition of a summary?

“a brief statement or account of the main points of something:”

Matthew 22:37-40 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

On those two commandments hang all the law and the prophets. This is a summary. Does this mean the points made in the Old Testament are negated? Of course not! Am I sure? What saith Paul?

Romans 13:8-10 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. 9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

Paul quotes 5 of the 10 Commandments, and states they are briefly comprehended (summarized) in this saying, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. Then it’s safe to say, if someone murders, they don’t love their neighbor. If they steal from them, they don’t love their neighbor as themselves.

Likewise, Jesus said for us to “love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind”. If you place any other gods before God, you don’t love Him with all your heart, soul, and mind (and certainly not supremely). If you make and worship idols you don’t either, and neither if you take His name in vain. And, if you break His Sabbath, you don’t either. How do you have supreme love for someone you won’t even spend an entire day with when He asks you to?

originally posted by: yuppa
Op. Christians arent required to keep the sabbath. The catholic church though refuses to seperate the two books of the bible as well. SO many people who claim to be christian following doctrine made for the hebrews.

In the law, it is written:

Exodus 20:6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

Interestingly enough, Jesus said:

John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

And John said:

1 John 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

Spending time with God on the day that He set apart for us is not a doctrine for the Hebrews. It’s a doctrine for the Christian, that truly loves God.
edit on 5-7-2016 by ScatteredThirdAngel because: Didn't all fit

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

Welcome to ATS.

Generally, new members are welcomed a little more warmly.

I'm afraid that Seventh-day Sabbath is going to be a hard thing to convince anyone of.

It isn't the 1950s anymore. The trick back then was to say, "Just ask a Catholic Priest which day is the Seventh day." Way easy, because so many people were either Roman Catholic or one of the confessional Protestant Churches with a catechism which included the Ten Commandments.

ATS is a whole different ball game. The demographics are way different. Imagine a zoo where half of the name plaques are switched and the other half are missing.

Anyway, welcome.

Thank you for the welcome.

Well, I hope people take this to heart:

Isaiah 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

Revelation 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Satan is angry with the woman (church) that keeps the commandments of God, and has the testimony of Jesus (which is the spirit of prophecy). God tells us, that if they don’t speak according to the law and to the testimony, it is because there is no light in them. Prophetically speaking, I have yet to see verses that prove that a sign upon the hands and forehead is meant to be taken literally, and not metaphorically. But people interpret it literally. Which is a problem.

2 Peter 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

It’s private, if it’s not interpreted as such in the Scriptures. And to top it off, the Scriptures declare that we have to remember the Sabbath in both the OT and the NT.

Exodus 20:8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

Hebrews 4:4-5 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works. 5 And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest.

Hebrews 4:9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.

The only commandment with the word remember in it, people say we must forget. And not only that, but Hebrews 4:9 says that the rest God took on the seventh day still remains for us to keep. Sounds like the word, “Remember”. God knew exactly what He was doing when He wrote the 10 Commandments with His very own finger.

Deuteronomy 8:3 … man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the LORD doth man live.

originally posted by: Deetermined

Where in the Bible does it say that God named the days of the week and appointed "Saturday" to be the 7th day? He didn't.

Sabbath means day of rest, not Saturday. If the Jews considered Saturday their 7th day, so be it. In case you haven't noticed, we are all in different time zones. If God asked you to meet him on the Sabbath, where and what time do you plan on meeting him? Will you be meeting him on Jerusalem time or yours? I'm guessing you practice the Sabbath on a Saturday that's observed in your time zone. How do you know you're not breaking the law? You don't because God never specified which day or time to rest on as long as you take a rest every 7th day. See how that works? You're wasting your time on foolish things that God couldn't care less about.

Nowhere does it use the word “Saturday” as such a word did not exist then. But to take people on their own playing ground, where does the Bible say Sunday is the “Lord’s Day” and that Jesus actually resurrected on Sunday? The Bible never uses the word Sunday.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

The woman in Revelation is Israel, she gave birth to Christ. The church is His bride, not His mother.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Spending time with God on the day that He set apart for us is not a doctrine for the Hebrews. It’s a doctrine for the Christian, that truly loves God.

Well, that's really weird. Why do you have that idea when Jesus told the woman at the well that a day was coming, and now is when we will worship God in Spirit and in Truth and it will not be at any specific building? You're trying to teach the day of rest is now a day of worship, that's pathetic Christianity to worship the Lord only one day a week.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Well, that's really weird. Why do you have that idea when Jesus told the woman at the well that a day was coming, and now is when we will worship God in Spirit and in Truth and it will not be at any specific building? You're trying to teach the day of rest is now a day of worship, that's pathetic Christianity to worship the Lord only one day a week.

I mean this respectfully, but you could not have read my post. I specifically said this in response to you:

No one should be teaching it’s wrong to worship God every day. I advocate this to happen, and at least twice a day, morning worship and evening worship. You can even hold nightly Bible studies at church.

I am not advocating worshiping Jesus once a week. Worship Jesus everyday. But there is one day that is to be entirely consecrated to Jesus.
edit on 5-7-2016 by ScatteredThirdAngel because: adding more from previous post

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Why can't every day be consecrated to Jesus? And why are you commanding people go to a church on Saturday to "keep the Sabbath" when the Bible clearly says it's a day of rest and to not even leave the house?

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

In your free time, listen to this take on end times prophecy from an ex-Muslim who came to Christ and he explains some things from a Middle Easterner's perspective.

Let me know what your thoughts are.

YouTube

edit on 5-7-2016 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Why can't every day be consecrated to Jesus? And why are you commanding people go to a church on Saturday to "keep the Sabbath" when the Bible clearly says it's a day of rest and to not even leave the house?

You can entirely choose to consecrate a day to the Lord, in terms of fasting and/or prayer, etc. However, there is one day where, not I, but God commands us to rest upon and keep holy. All He is asking us to do is to spend time with Him, every single week.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 05:36 AM
link   

I have yet to see verses that prove that a sign upon the hands and forehead is meant to be taken literally, and not metaphorically. But people interpret it literally. Which is a problem.

When Revelation 13:17 tells us that the only people who will be able to buy and sell are those with the mark, how would anyone know who's who if it wasn't literal?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   

They will build grocery stores connected to the Catholic churches. Maybe.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   

It's not just the mark that is worn on the forehead or right arm. It's also..

1. The name of the beast
2. The number of his name.

The name in the Bible means "in/under the authority of"

Another way of saying this is just that it's all the people who give allegiance to the antichrist or who worship him and his empire and religion. Not every person will carry this sign of allegiance on their forehead or their right arm, that's only one component of the people under him.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: Raggedyman

I worship God everyday, you are saying I am going to hell because I worship on a Sunday as well?

Well, no. The reason you will is because A) you think it's real, and B) you treat everyone else like crap while you're busy "worshipping". That's why.

You're doing it all wrong. Every day.

If you watch the video below you can find out why this whole discussion of who's going to hell and why (which Raggedyman kicked off) is a bit silly given what the bible says about it:

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

I have yet to see verses that prove that a sign upon the hands and forehead is meant to be taken literally, and not metaphorically. But people interpret it literally. Which is a problem.

When Revelation 13:17 tells us that the only people who will be able to buy and sell are those with the mark, how would anyone know who's who if it wasn't literal?

It doesn't take a physical mark upon someone's skin to be able to tell what religion they are, or aren't. While I agree that they would have to be able to know in some way, there is no prophecy of the Scriptures that gives any warrant for the mark to physically be upon someone.

The Real ID Card, which is a card which holds much of the information of the person it identifies, can also simply be used to identify the religion of the person. For example, in Lebanon you put your religious preference on the card. Such an act in America would blatantly point out who are those that keep the Sabbath, and who are those that do not keep the Sabbath. Anyone that is not found keeping Rome's mark, and chooses to keep the Creator's Sabbath, can easily be punished by locking their accounts so as to prevent them from buying and selling.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

The mark isn't that. The whore that rides the Beast is Islam, it's both a false religion and a government structure. Mystery Babylon the Great is a city beside the sea, and it's in the desert. That's what the scriptures say. The "mark" of the Beast is the Bismillah of Islam.

The antichrist will be a Muslim. 3 of his titles in the Bible are "The Assyrian", "Prince of Tyre", and "King of Babylon". Those are Islamic states, not western European. And you cannot find a single nation in the Bible that the Lord Jesus Christ judges when He returns that isn't a Muslim area or nation today. These nations are listed in the OT.

There was a myopic understanding for several centuries to who is the Beast and who Mystery Babylon the Great was, Islamic caliphate was dead and oil had yet to make Saudi Arabia the richest city in the world. As we get near the end, things have changed globally and the scriptures have come alive revealing themselves. Which is what Gabriel said to begin with, seal it up till the time of the end.

This video will clearly explain who Mystery Babylon the Great is and what is the empire of the Beast:

edit on 9-7-2016 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

The mark isn't that.

What Bible verses do you have that teach a sign upon your hands and forehead is meant to be taken literally?

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScatteredThirdAngel

The mark isn't that.

What Bible verses do you have that teach a sign upon your hands and forehead is meant to be taken literally?

The 8th empire, or 8th mountain, is the revival of the 7th which seemed to have a deadly wound to it in 1924. This empire that was the 7th was the empire that conquered the 6th which was the Roman Empire. It will be a 10 nation caliphate that encompasses each of the 4 previous beast territories, Assyria, Medeo-Persia, Greece, and Babylon. The 8th Empire will be headquartered in Turkey, then 3 1/2 years later it will move to Jerusalem. The "Mark" of this Beast is the Bismallah of Islam, it's a creed, a statement of faith. And yes, radicals all over the world wear it on their foreheads and/or right arm.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join