It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HO-LY CRAP!!!!!!!!!! Suggestions???? QUICK!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
my dog gets it once a month. i think she actually enjoys the spray and looks forward too it. best way ive found. just get in the tub with them with a bottle of dawn and some wash clothes and go to town repeatedly changing wash clothes regularly. everything else ive tried is more of a pain in the butt and bothers the dog so now i just scrub, scrub, scrub. oh and put some vicks vaporub under your nose for the smell. it does wonders.
edit on 3-7-2016 by TheScale because: e

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Scent free soap from hunters specialties. 5$, natural solvents and oxidizers. Works on carpets too.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: Kandinsky

When I was 12 I worked in a fur shed scraping hides and honestly, I think fox urine is worse than skunk! But if you have gotten a whiff of fox then yea, you can pretty much imagine a skunk!

agreed, fox urine is unreal. Just sprayed the edges of my garden to keep the bunnies out. Works, but good god is that stuff potent.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

The dog didn't die? Their sense of smell is 100 times our own.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Can you tell me were the rubber gloves are...and the condoms?", I asked. She really did gag then!

So cruel.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

How the heck was that the 'first thing he thought??' There must have been bugs buzzing around it and eyes all rotted out or eaten.

Well for starters he was a rich city kid without a clue, typical Texan LOL. If you've ever been around cattle, they're always covered in flies, cactus, sh#t you name it. I can't believe they're so tasty. I doubt the flies hanging around were any worse than when it was alive.

Southern Colorado is very hot/arid and windy, fluids draining out would quickly dry or get covered in dust/crusted over. I don't think the cow had been dead long because it wasn't scavenged yet.

The thing about cow hide is it makes really nice bags/purses/boots if you get my drift. That cow was one well contained bag of gore.

Just like what you overheard at the gym, the stink must have been somewhat contained or those guys wouldn't have gotten so close. It didn't reek until the leg came off. Absolutely never ever mess with carcasses. Don't poke them with sticks either or you might puke.

If I find dead cattle I report it to the rancher. He checks them out but he knows better than to mess with them, he leaves them for the scavengers.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Morningglory

And they're illegal to bury, here in CO too.

Just have to let them sit out there and rot (or pay to get them hauled off, which is what we do when it happens, fortunately not often at all!).

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I have no experience myself with skunks spraying me or my dog or anything I can suggest to help but I was just confused/surprised a bit because...isn't the whole bathe in a tub of tomato sauce or juice just an old wives remedy that comes from stuff like old Warner Brothers cartoons and I Love Lucy sketches and no more helpful than rubbing a potato on a wart or mole then burying it in the,yard? I could be wrong...about the skunk bath, I mean...heck, maybe someone will help me get my foot in my mouth and give an intelligent and eloquent explanation of the science behind potato mole transference too...

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   

How did things work out? Did you get rid of the stench? What did you use? Did you puke or feel like puking?
edit on 5-7-2016 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Are you sure it was a skunk who sprayed him. Could have been a lonely Yowie.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Well, he's been de-skunked as best we can get him after about 10 baths. We tried every remedy here. The hydrogen peroxide, vinegar, baking soda, oxyclean and water bath seemed to really help. The other thing which seemed to take a lot of stink out of him was the coconut oil trick.

The house, well, we sold it and moved out (j/k)! No, the house was pretty ripe for most of Saturday into Sunday. We scrubbed, we removed area rugs, trashed shower curtains, scrubbed some more (floor to ceiling), put baking soda everywhere, deodorized, vacuumed...you name it. Opened every window, got some big fans and ran them all day. By Sunday evening it was starting to get better...until we closed the windows and turned on the A/C, and it returned. Wash & repeat. By yesterday it had subsided some (at least we could sleep IN the house, so there's that). Still catch some pretty good whiffs here and there.

As for us, well, we cleaned up okay. At least I don't think I stink...HA!

Life goes on. Dog went for a swim in our pond yesterday morning. He still smells pretty skunky when wet.

It'll just take some time.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
That poor dog lol. Poor you for having to deal with it. At least the stink is going.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Totally off topic but I saw this article in the DM and thought of you.

In Botswana a scientist has starting painting faces on the cows' derrieres to try and deter lions from hunting them.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

I don't know if your cows are bothered much by predators but I expect you're at a loose end now you've cleaned up the dog and got him relatively pong-free. Don't want you getting bored.

edit on 5-7-2016 by berenike because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Gotta admit....when i first started reading this, I thought it was a metaphorical analogy of the aystralian election.

My bad

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join