It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HO-LY CRAP!!!!!!!!!! Suggestions???? QUICK!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   
The Australian Cattle Dog just got absolutely NUKED by a skunk!!! I've had dogs get sprayed by skunks before, but nothing like this!!! It's just OVERWHELMING!!

He got nailed right in the face. He must have had his nose right up that skunks butt. He's already had two baths, one with Summer's Eve Fresh Scent douche (which is supposed to be the cure all for this) and another with tomato juice, but he still smells.

Let him and his brother the Border Collie out just before sunrise. Next thing I know the Border Collie is jumping up on the bay window from outside like it's URGENT!! "Come quick, Dad...something's happened to my brother!!!! Come QUICK!!!" I opened the door and was assaulted with an absolute WALL of stench beyond imagination!! HO-LY CRAP!!! It was like getting punched in the face!

Gave him one bath of warm milk, and Dawn dish soap with some hydrogen peroxide in it. Then left to go to the store. Cleaned out the feminine hygiene section. Of course, this is when the self-checkout decided to break. So I took my stuff to the attended check-out aisle. I started plunking down the Summer's Eve douche, one after the other, and the gal eyes at the register got bigger and bigger as I kept going! Right about then the cloud of stench (which had been following me around the store) caught up with me. The gal wrinkled up her nose and was just staring at me aghast, like "What the...???" I could only imagine what was going through her mind! LOL!! Here's some dude, who smells to high heaven, cruising through the store, wiping out the feminine hygiene section with 15 bottles of douche, and the tomato juice aisle.

When I looked up and saw her just frozen, staring at me, I decided to have some fun with this.
"ROUGH night!!" I said. I think she threw up a little bit in her mouth, I could see the gag reflex.
"Can you tell me were the rubber gloves are...and the condoms?", I asked. She really did gag then!
"just kidding about the condoms", LOL! I then told her about my dog getting sprayed by a skunk. She busted out laughing.

Anyway, the poor ACD has now been through three baths. He looks like a drowned rat, and is miserable. He still stinks, not as bad, but still smells pretty skunky. I asked him if he got a good look at the skunk so he'll know what critter made him feel so bad and not do it again.

Oh, the joys of living out in the country!

Suggestions are certainly welcome...I've run out of ideas (other than just letting it wear off).

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Have you tried this?

Good luck!

So if curious Fido happens to frighten Pepe Le Pew, all you need to do is mix 1 quart (.95 liters) of 3 percent hydrogen peroxide, a quarter cup (59 milliliters) of baking soda and one teaspoon (5 milliliters) of liquid detergent and lather him up [source: ­Dean]. After five minutes, rinse off your pup and he should be as good as new. Be warned: This potion may do a little more than take away the smell as it can also slightly change hair color. Also, you can't store it in a closed container for the next time Pepe comes around because the mixture releases oxygen, which could break the container

Howstuffworks

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   

1 quart of 3% hydrogen peroxide
1/4 cup of baking soda
1 - 2 teaspoons of liquid soap - preferably Dawn
1 quart apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup of powdered OxyClean
1 quart of lukewarm water

Mix all these up together and wash your pet with this making sure they are completely soaked with the solution. Let it stand for about 15 minutes, then rinse well.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   
He'll never do that again, lol.

Stuff raw peppers in your nose...

Edit: No really, you got to act fast, with cautions...

remedy
edit on 2-7-2016 by intrptr because: link

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Oh, the joys of living out in the country!

Reminds me of when my dog found an old deer carcass and must have rolled around inside the damn thing.

Came home covered in slime, maggots and a stench that made me gag.

I feel for you and would try Seekers mix.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Did the Dawn dish soap, hydrogen peroxide, baking soda thing. Did the douche thing (which is essentially vinegar, water and scent). Didn't try the oxy-clean part (I've got some of that too). Maybe I'll do that next.

I can't tell what stinks the most...me, the dog or the house! Sweet mother of all things holy!!!!

GACK!!!

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Did the Dawn dish soap, hydrogen peroxide, baking soda thing. Did the douche thing (which is essentially vinegar, water and scent). Didn't try the oxy-clean part (I've got some of that too). Maybe I'll do that next.

I can't tell what stinks the most...me, the dog or the house! Sweet mother of all things holy!!!!

GACK!!!

LoL.
Good morning! What a way to start your nice long 4th of July weekend.

So much for coffee on the deck looking over the back 40.

Been there, I really do feel bad for you.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Same here, he loves to roll around in dead stuff, rabbit guts are a special treat!! He thinks it's great.

However, he doesn't think this is so great!!

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Can you describe the smell in a way a non-American guy can understand? Is it like rotten meat? Fox scent marking? Cow turd? Dog fart? Sewage?

I'm listing the worst natural smells we get in England...

Is it like a blast of ammonia where the throat just shuts down?

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

GACK!!!

LoL.
Good morning! What a way to start your nice long 4th of July weekend.

So much for coffee on the deck looking over the back 40.

Been there, I really do feel bad for you.

Yeah, and I was just making a cup of coffee to do exactly that too...when it happened!!!

Making matters even worse is, it rained last night so it's humid this morning and no breeze. It's like a "perfect storm" of STINK!!

Maybe I'll go muck out the corrals. It'll be the very first time I smell worse than the corrals!

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
He'll never do that again, lol.

Stuff raw peppers in your nose...

Edit: No really, you got to act fast, with cautions...

remedy

Wow.. I read your link, and it looks like Flyingclaydisk may be stuck with the smell for up to 2 years (!)

soulwaxer

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

A skunk smells like ammonia and propane gas x 50!

That's about the best way I can think of to describe it.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Buckle up because ya'll are in this for the long haul.

We had a Dachshund back in the day that tangled with a skunk and we tried EVERYTHING under the sun to eliminate the smell.

We knocked it down but it took quite a while to fully degrade on its own.

Good luck.

link   

Cheers.

I've often wondered!

link   

That's a hard one . . .

It's a bit oily.

It's more foul and disagreeable than all the things you listed put together.

It's more of a grab-your-nose-by-the-throat and twist it off sort of smell than the ones you mentioned.

Dad had two Blue Healers. One of them--the neutered one, oddly, simply would never learn about skunks. He ALWAYS insisted on jousting with them.

He was an outside dog. So, mostly we left him to let it wear off. And, he didn't seem to get a super dose of it like this case.

The smell is kind of astringent, if that makes any sense. A bit acrid in a sense.

I suppose you could take a rotten egg smell and tweak it a few ways here and there and come up with an approximation.

But it's much more bitingly strong.

I've had a super sensitive nose all my life but for some reason, yet, unless it's a super heavy dose, I can handle it OK. I don't feel like retching. If it's a big dose, all bets are off.

Maybe a combination of a rotten egg smell and a horrible kind of sulfur smell might be 80% of a good approximation. The other 10% is hard to describe in words.

Guess that's the best I can do.

edit on 2/7/2016 by BO XIAN because: typo

link   
LMAO. Poor dog. I know how he feels. I got sprayed by an "ambush" skunk when I was in my teens. Out in the woods and I stopped to answer a call of Nature, but didn't realize there was a skunk on the other side of the bushes I was watering. Came around the bushes after I was done, to continue on my way and BLAM!! To this day, I can't figure out why he didn't just take off, as I was on the other side of a rather large growth of bushes. Maybe he was already riled and I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Had a date that night too. Called to tell her what happened and reschedule, but she thought I was just trying to dump her.
I went to her house.
She rescheduled.
Her Dad almost fell off the porch laughing.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Thanks Bo,

I always knew its reputation was well-earned and now I have an inkling of what constitutes the stench

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   

I would say it smells like a certain plant that is smoked, but it doesn't smell like it in a good way

Skunk spray is the worst!

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

LOL...too funny! I almost got sprayed one night...almost. It's a crazy story too.

I was walking across an asphalt parking of this condo complex one night. I walked between two cars and stepped on the railroad tie which separated the grass from the lot. When I stepped off onto the grass in my flip flops I felt something move under my right foot. I looked down and, no kidding, I was standing on a skunk's tail. The first thing which flashed into my brain was those old war movies where the guy steps on a landmine and doesn't dare move. Well, that was me...standing on the skunks tail. I'm kind of surprised he didn't bite me, but he didn't, he was just tugging trying to get away.

After what seemed like an hour (probably about 1.5 seconds) I decided to lift up my foot and hope for the best. The skunk started stomping his back feet. I figured for sure I was a goner then. He lifted up his tail and I started backing away. Miraculously he didn't spray (maybe he was empty, I dunno). I got the hell out of there.

True story.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

GACK!!!

Just throw up and get it over with ..........you'll fell better. Drink lots of beer........there's your cure.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join