It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deep Purple + 70's bands

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Not the 70's but i dont feel like creating an entire thread dedicated to one song. so bear with me.

I like this one too..

edit on 7/2/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

A few good un's from the early 70's

edit on 2-7-2016 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Nice, thankyou! listening now.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Deep Purple, 1973 at the Boston Garden. I was 13 years old. My big cousin Tommy took me in to see them. He was the star quarterback of the high school football team. It was my very first concert. I started working that year. I earned $1.85 an hour. I washed dishes after school and saved for college. My bank gave me a real passbook and 5% interest on my deposits. I went to a state college and got a four year degree and didn't owe a dime at graduation. That inexpensive, excellent education has served me magnificently throughout my life. How times have changed. Some for the good and some for the bad. Some of the good is gone. I have the memories of beautiful women of my youth and all of the joy and pain that those romances bore me.

Your post title made me remember a pleasant memory. I'll never forget my cousin Tommy for creating such a wonderful memory. PEACE.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

Thankyou Humble,

Thankyou for posting, i truly enjoyed reading that. I'm glad it made you smile, that to me is the best part!

Peace

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
wow ,alot of replys ...but where is RUSH.......might have to play tom sawyer,good days of true rock

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   
It bothered me for many years.

Decades in fact.

One summer night back in 1978 I had a little transistor radio. My first electronic device. Small and battery operated I would listen to a few songs in bed, switch it off, and go to sleep.

One night the DJ said "and now the new song by..." anyway whatever, I had heard DJ's say that before. The song usually wasn't that good. But the song I heard was great.

So here is the problem.
I never heard the song again.
And worse, some group called the Steve Miller Band immediately came out with a similar sounding song, but it wasn't as good. Something about a crate of papaya and other meaningless references. I mean I was there! For the great wave of people going to the beach, camping on small islands, catamarans, sail boats, and all day in the sun. I had never seen a crate of papaya and no one I knew particularly liked them.

Never heard the song I liked again. But goddam this freakin Steve Miller idiot Band was everywhere. Blasting other, better, songs off of all the radio stations. Then the movie "Jaws" hit, and America stopped going to the beach.

A decade later, Steve Miller is selling Best of Albums. Summer parties in College always seem to have at least one of his songs. But it just reminded me that people with better publicity obliterate people with real talent. And I still didn't even know the name of the song I liked, or who made it.

A decade later the internet.
I search and search. No luck. No one knows what I'm talking about. Everyone on the Net in those days is either too old or too young.

A decade later, around 2008 I search the internet again. Searching my memory for a lyric, a keyword, something, anything. Nothing.

But now it is really bothering me. Nostalgia has made this into the best Summertime Song I _ have _ ever _ heard, and I can't even remember a single lyric.

One night I go into full google-fu and youtube-search. I just knew it was real. I wasn't imagining it.
SIX HOURS LATER the sun is rising, I feel like an idiot for wasting an entire night, but I'm driven.

I don't stop. I must have done thousands of search variations. Sampled hundreds of video results.

And then...

And then ... I found it.

Ladies and Gentleman: my obsession. After thirty plus years. I got to hear the song Again.

May I present to you Jay Ferguson.

Mike Grouchy
edit on 2-7-2016 by mikegrouchy because: spelling

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker
Love this one. Good suggestion.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   

here is a little something you might not know, Mandfred Mans Blinded by the light was a remake.
Bruce Springsteen wrote and recorded it in 1976. i like Manfreds better.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

remember these

damn hard rockin

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Oh , yeah .Got to see them a few times here at the old Fox theater (not to be confused with Fox news , no relation)
There was one album that did not receive much publicity that I liked - Black Sabbath, Vol. 4 and Snowblind

And a little side story - I had every single album that was ever produced by Black Sabbath (including Vol 4) . I came home one night and decided to listen to some (rough night at work). Could not find them anywhere . Asked the wife if she had seen them. And this is a true story - She had donated them to her church charity sale. What was the old Ripley's saying

Believe it , or not.
Ya just cant make that kinda stuff up.....
edit on 7/3/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   
okay here are a few, i'll try to keep the number of videos down. there's caus so much from back then it's gonna be hard.
AC/DC first release dates not in US.

1977 big woman

AeroSmith
this song was fist recorded in 1951 as a blues song. it was covered by the Yardbirds (anybody remember them) them,when JImmy Page'founded Led Zepplin they used it as concert opener. Aerosmith record it in 1974, now everybody says own it.

Allen Parson Project, good tunes

America

Argent 1970
this first song was also done by Three Dog Night, the writer was in Argent i thinkThree Dog's Night is better.i'll post both.

Three Dog Night 1971

another Argent tune,

Armageddon
now this one is a one album wonder, i has this album when i was a kid the first tune was the one i heard that made me buy it.

well that my A's i might not post any more. con't want to take over the thread.

Aprilwine
one of my all time favorites 1979

edit on 3-7-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 05:28 AM
link   

skip to 0:32 mark,

movie had a damn good soundtrack.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   
One for the books - Zager and Evans - In the year 2525 (actually late 69 release)
Big rumor - no one knew them and 1 song and they disappeared.

edit on 7/3/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Emerson Lake And Plamer: Fanfare for the Common Man

Emerson Lake And Palmer: Jerusalem

Nektar: 1973 Remember the Future

Focus: 1974 Hamburger Concerto

Camel: 1977 One Of These Days I'll Get An Early Night

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   

I came home one night and decided to listen to some (rough night at work). Could not find them anywhere . Asked the wife if she had seen them. And this is a true story - She had donated them to her church charity sale. What was the old Ripley's saying Believe it , or not.

I can't believe it...dare I ask how you came to "forgive her"

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

I came home one night and decided to listen to some (rough night at work). Could not find them anywhere . Asked the wife if she had seen them. And this is a true story - She had donated them to her church charity sale. What was the old Ripley's saying Believe it , or not.

I can't believe it...dare I ask how you came to "forgive her"

Young and in love ? I.E I have no clue. She said she no longer had set them down and they sold. I mark it down to the pure hilarity of it all...

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Deep Purple 'Smoke on the Water' live.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Great thread! I was listening to Deep Purple - 'In Rock' lp a couple of hours ago while making dinner, then stumbled on this thread, haha.

originally posted by: mash3d

I was lucky enough to find these dirt cheap at a second-hand shop near my old place... Both great bands, Camel too!

Another lucky find, & it's probably one of my favourite rock albums from the '70s, though I'll just post the best known song here... Turn it up!

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Saturnschild
Great thread! I was listening to Deep Purple - 'In Rock' lp a couple of hours ago while making dinner, then stumbled on this thread, haha.

originally posted by: mash3d

I was lucky enough to find these dirt cheap at a second-hand shop near my old place... Both great bands, Camel too!

Another lucky find, & it's probably one of my favourite rock albums from the '70s, though I'll just post the best known song here... Turn it up!

Wonderful,how's that for Perfect timing eh
I can't believe you found their Album nice find indeedy!

Thanks for adding!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join