It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More than Forgiveness or Acceptance... Empathy, Oneness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Imagine taking Compassion to another level, not just to feel sorrow for others and to help them but to realize that their Joy is your Joy.

You are The Universe.
Others are The Universe.

The Universe = The Self of you and others.

To say, "I AM That (Person/Animal/Tree/Etc.)" would not be inaccurate since you ARE The Universe as much as the different colors are all a part of a single painting.

Forgiveness must have a "victim" who was wronged. Acceptance must have an "other" to accept, but to say "I AM That" is the Awareness that you, I, He, She, They, are all a piece of The Universe, The Existence, The Reality, The Truth.

edit on 2-7-2016 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Good points but in reality compassion is what it is, all other applycations or labels we give it are copies only. To know something in depth one must sink in to its depths. Not create a funky version of it and belive that to be it. In other words what I am pointing to is that compassion has no higher level. Either your there or you not quiet there, if your not quiet in the state your out. Or you believe that you are out and therefore experience that false outness. Its confusing I know but this is metaphysics and phlosophy zone here! a reply to: arpgme

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 05:31 AM
link   
If humans could experience both sides of an action, both one's own feelings and the recipient's feelings, then you would have world peace.

Simply because no one would speak so much as a harsh word to another.

edit on 2-7-2016 by Whatsthisthen because: spilling mastakje

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 05:34 AM
link   
EDIT: Peace is absolute silence--whether it be yourself, nothingness, or everything as one.
edit on 2-7-2016 by WeowWix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Best to use an example here if not we will get lost in words, Happyness is not something one can achieve but something that just appears out of the blue. Once you have experienced it at least you know what it is, but how you got there or entered a particular state might be a mere mystery. Would you reject it if you didnt force your way in to it?a reply to: WeowWix

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   
It's a ruse, it's all make believe.
Something to keep your mind busy.
The oneness you seek can never be found,
Too many arrogant bastards around.
That tear the whole system down,
and keep us from ever gaining ground.

No one truly forgives or forgets,
For they've learned a lesson from the experience.
It will forever more be within their minds,
And resurface when needed from time to time.
To keep them from making the same mistake,
Which caused them the pain and heartache.

If you label yourself anything,
Other than a human being,
If you have ever diminished another soul,
And brought them down to base level,
You have lessened your chance of success,
In finding the place of true oneness .

If you punish someone for hurting you,
Try to make them feel like you do,
To make you feel better internally,
And don't show them any leniency,
How can you think that you deserve,
To be one with the universe?

sorry .. I'm trying to be more social and learn a bit. hopefully I understood the concept/idea that was presented. And unfortunately I am more comfortable putting my thoughts into rhyme .. please forgive me if I have misconstrued what was being presented.

Thanks,
blend57
edit on 2-7-2016 by blend57 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-7-2016 by blend57 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-7-2016 by blend57 because: took words out..put words in..meh...

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Love it thank you, it seems in place with the direction of the thread to me. But last call on that one will leave to O.Poster keep expressing a reply to: blend57

edit on 2-7-2016 by ancientthunder because: space

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

When it is realised that everything is simply just happening and that there is no one separately doing anything then there is compassion for all - even those that murder and rape because they did not choose 'their' life.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Acceptance must have an "other" to accept, but to say "I AM That" is the Awareness that you, I, He, She, They, are all a piece of The Universe, The Existence, The Reality, The Truth.

Kind of all is one, one are all? I kinda disagree on that. Hopefully you are firmly rooted in a sense of self, as an individual, as unique as a snowflake, star or galaxy. And a person.

Whatever togetherness you feel with others is subjective and fleeting, at best.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
Imagine taking Compassion to another level, not just to feel sorrow for others and to help them but to realize that their Joy is your Joy.

You are The Universe.
Others are The Universe.

The Universe = The Self of you and others.

To say, "I AM That (Person/Animal/Tree/Etc.)" would not be inaccurate since you ARE The Universe as much as the different colors are all a part of a single painting.

Forgiveness must have a "victim" who was wronged. Acceptance must have an "other" to accept, but to say "I AM That" is the Awareness that you, I, He, She, They, are all a piece of The Universe, The Existence, The Reality, The Truth.

I'm not Religious anymore, but that was beautiful.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: blend57
It's a ruse, it's all make believe.
Something to keep your mind busy.
The oneness you seek can never be found,
Too many arrogant bastards around.
That tear the whole system down,
and keep us from ever gaining ground.

No one truly forgives or forgets,
For they've learned a lesson from the experience.
It will forever more be within their minds,
And resurface when needed from time to time.
To keep them from making the same mistake,
Which caused them the pain and heartache.

If you label yourself anything,
Other than a human being,
If you have ever diminished another soul,
And brought them down to base level,
You have lessened your chance of success,
In finding the place of true oneness .

If you punish someone for hurting you,
Try to make them feel like you do,
To make you feel better internally,
And don't show them any leniency,
How can you think that you deserve,
To be one with the universe?

sorry .. I'm trying to be more social and learn a bit. hopefully I understood the concept/idea that was presented. And unfortunately I am more comfortable putting my thoughts into rhyme .. please forgive me if I have misconstrued what was being presented.

Thanks,
blend57

True, i get where you're coming from...

This place isnt real but enjoy what you can from it. We're stuck here, we may as well enjoy it until we die right?
So long as you remember what it is, nothing else matters.

Just enjoy what's here because this here, is all that there is.

Nothing else matters..

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Beautiful message of Unity!

“The Kingdom of God does not come with observation; nor will they say, ‘See here!’ or ‘See there!’ For indeed, the Kingdom of God is within you.”

- Luke 17:20-21

Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

“Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

“The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

“They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

“He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

- Matthew 25:34-45

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
This thread is awesome. I had a whole post ready, but in the end I decided to just bump yours here.

I will contribute this (and by the way, perfect coincidence! or - is it?) !

edit on 7/2/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

In a world not like that, everyone becomes an art critic, the difference is when they dislike your view so much they slop across it with a large brush and try to tell you what you, see, hear, smell, taste or touch and how to think about it.

Mindlessness obviously and seeking an abode other than oneself... like a hungry ghost of the past never getting what they wanted trying to zombify others far as possible in the future to keep the past alive that benefits no one. this mindlessness is simply called ignorance btw, perpetuating it is never a good thing... cease to plant the seeds of it or spread it to others and such will cease to grow then eventually never take root.

top topics

join