It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indonesian Police Readying Firing Squads Ahead of Executions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Police in Central Java are preparing themselves for the next wave of executions against inmates on death row, a move which would draw international criticism for the country's use on capital punishment. Central Java police spokesman Sr. Comr. Aloys Liliek Darmanto said on Tuesday (03/05) that the provincial police's Mobile Brigade Unit (Brimob) has set up several firing squads to be deployed to the notorious Nusakambangan prison island off the southern coast of Cilacap. Nusakambangan is the same location where 14 convicts were executed last year, including Australians Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran, the leaders of the so-called Bali Nine drug trafficking ring.
One thing i have learned living in this country for many years is they have no sense of value of human life. They only murder drug convicts while murderers, rapists, child molesters and other major criminals do jail time, and if you have money you are out in no time, pathetic. This time they refuse to divulge the number of shooters prepared, as it would provide some idea of how many inmates will be executed.

Most of the inmates executed last year were foreigners, prompting a wave of international condemnations to Indonesia's use of capital punishment as well as diplomatic pressures from foreign countries. After the execution, Australia temporarily recalled its ambassador to Indonesia. Among the foreigners still on death row are British woman Lindsay Sandiford and Filipino drug mule Mary Jane Veloso.
jakartaglobe.beritasatu.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: tommo39

If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.

Luckily for them their time is short.

It is no secret that they will put you to death in many countries for smuggling drugs that's why people that do it make so much money.

You gambled and lost.

Lindsay Sandiford was caught with $1.6 million dollars in coke and Mary Jane Veloso was caught with about 6 lbs. of heroin.

To put that into perspective, that's enough to shoot up about 14,000 times.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

that's enough to shoot up about 14,000 times.
With a population of 250 million plus people this is a negligible number that foreigners can effect. As i stated above "MONEY" will buy you freedom from any conviction. By the way,for your information the drug lords, drug manufacturers and main drug dealers in Indonesia are the ARMY and POLICE......

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: tommo39
including Australians Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran, ........, Australia temporarily recalled its ambassador to Indonesia.

Just to shut up the SJW's and bleeding hearts, they were only out of Indonesia for a few days. Australia does not care about drug dealers.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Yeah, that probably comes out to only 5,000 maybe 6,000 overdose deaths, no big deal.

Also, the government being your competition in the game makes you even stupider.

Is this simply an execution or this year's Darwin Awards live from Indonesia?

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 04:03 AM
link   
When will people learn that executions do not deter others?

I prefer to value human life, mistakes and all, rather than condemn my fellow man based on outdated beliefs and skewed morals.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

When was the last time a executed criminal commit another crime?

Looks like a pretty good deterrent!

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   

while murderers, rapists, child molesters

Oh now, now, you know their time is up. Now to just work on the murderers and rapists soon enough.
edit on 7/2/2016 by AmericanRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

Sorry, but you have lost me with your post, put it in plain english......

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: Kryties

When was the last time a executed criminal commit another crime?

Looks like a pretty good deterrent!

I'm not getting into this tit-for-tat nonsense that you try to play. Last time we both got post banned. I am personally not eager for you to troll me into another round of that.

I have shared my opinion and I will leave it at that.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Some of those people are innocent though and were unwittingly used as drug mules. They should be deported to their home countries then tried in their local courts to attain if it was intentional or not.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I'll never get it, how liberals howl at a criminal being executed for a crime when they probably knew beforehand what the penalty was for it.

Yet a liberal will have no problem with a human fetus being aborted when it had no responsibility for being in its situation. The argument that it is not yet a separate individual from the host is not relevant. A new born, for several years, cannot live without outside nurturing yet to kill it is murder.

edit on 2-7-2016 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Can't blame them. Crime is totally out of control in Indonesia.

New guy is just doing what needs to be done.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

I'll never get it, how liberals howl at a criminal being executed for a crime when they probably knew beforehand what the penalty was for it.

Yet a liberal will have no problem with a human fetus being aborted when it had no responsibility for being in its situation. The argument that it is not yet a separate individual from the host is not relevant. A new born, for several years, cannot live without outside nurturing yet to kill it is murder.

I'll never get why some people insist on making a link between executions and abortions where no link exists. They are two completely separate issues.

Nice try changing the topic though.

edit on 2/7/2016 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

its a logical conundrum i cant understand.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

execution is killing someone for a crime and abortion is also considered killing someone but for no crime , unless of course if you believe that abortion is just like going to the toilet .

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

they both involve the destruction of life. Ironically, the life which is guilty of crimes is the one fought for to protect, while the innocent one who has no way to even speak or defend itself is simply treated like garbage that should just be tossed out. One hell of a hypocrisy if you ask not just me, but most rational people.

new topics

top topics

join