It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deaf/Blind/Paralyzed teen, Brain Tumour treated - slammed to the ground by TSA - Blood everywhere

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK

originally posted by: Annee

a reply to: Annee

Reality. If you have Special Needs - - it is your responsibility to take care of them. Other people do not understand your needs. You have to tell them. It is stupid to assume your needs will be met.

Does this apply to the whole trans thing?

Dumb.

No, not really.

WeAreAWAKE said it much better then I though,

Wait a minute. Are you...the champion of the trans-gendered here saying a deaf, blind, partially paralyzed and mentally confused young girl who just had an operation on a brain tumor is somehow required to "take care of her special needs"? How much different would you be posting if this was a trans person who was beaten until lying bloody on the ground? Would you be calling her out for not letting the TSA know she was special? Or would you be calling for their jobs? Geeez!

Indeed, i was about to say something similar but WeAreAWAKE just pointed it out just perfectly fine.

Wait a minute. Are you...the champion of the trans-gendered here saying a deaf, blind, partially paralyzed and mentally confused young girl who just had an operation on a brain tumor is somehow required to "take care of her special needs"? How much different would you be posting if this was a trans person who was beaten until lying bloody on the ground? Would you be calling her out for not letting the TSA know she was special? Or would you be calling for their jobs?

Geeez!

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoSat, 02 Jul 2016 23:39:38 -05001620167America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

Reality. If you have Special Needs - - it is your responsibility to take care of them. Other people do not understand your needs. You have to tell them. It is stupid to assume your needs will be met.

Dumb.

No, not really.

Wait a minute. Are you...the champion of the trans-gendered here saying a deaf, blind, partially paralyzed and mentally confused young girl who just had an operation on a brain tumor is somehow required to "take care of her special needs"? How much different would you be posting if this was a trans person who was beaten until lying bloody on the ground? Would you be calling her out for not letting the TSA know she was special? Or would you be calling for their jobs? Geeez!

Indeed, i was about to say something similar but WeAreAWAKE just pointed it out just perfectly fine.

Wait a minute. Are you...the champion of the trans-gendered here saying a deaf, blind, partially paralyzed and mentally confused young girl who just had an operation on a brain tumor is somehow required to "take care of her special needs"? How much different would you be posting if this was a trans person who was beaten until lying bloody on the ground? Would you be calling her out for not letting the TSA know she was special? Or would you be calling for their jobs?

Geeez!

Once again,

Dumb.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   

I would live on the streets before I took federal assistance. Never have asked for a hand out and never will.

The federal government benefits no one. When I see people worshiping government, you can almost always assume they have never been on the receiving end of the misery they inject into people's lives.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 01:43 AM
link   
WORTH REPEATING, imho.

originally posted by: Winstonian
. . .

The federal government benefits no one. When I see people worshiping government, you can almost always assume they have never been on the receiving end of the misery they inject into people's lives.

Tyranny loves big government.

Always has.

I don't understand folks who think that big government is any solution, much less the best solution.

Maybe they were bottle fed and also have serious degrees of RAD leaving them feeling an intense need of the big tit of government or the engulfing womb of big government or some such hideousness.

I can't think of a single case of big government throughout history that lacked a huge degree of tyranny.

edit on 3/7/2016 by BO XIAN because: typo comb vs womb

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Maybe they were bottle fed and also have serious degrees of RAD leaving them feeling an intense need of the big tit of government or the engulfing comb of big government or some such hideousness.

With all the broken homes that modern society breeds it is not that far fetched to entertain the notion that many people are in fact so totally reliant on big government they view it as some sort of nurturing entity, like the only consistency they have ever had.....

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Dumb.

No, not really.

Geeez!

Once again,

Dumb.

If with that you are referring to the hypocritical shallow views you demonstrated in your own comment's i am sure most will agree with the greatest ease.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: BO XIAN

Maybe they were bottle fed and also have serious degrees of RAD leaving them feeling an intense need of the big tit of government or the engulfing comb of big government or some such hideousness.

With all the broken homes that modern society breeds it is not that far fetched to entertain the notion that many people are in fact so totally reliant on big government they view it as some sort of nurturing entity, like the only consistency they have ever had.....

ABSOLUTELY INDEED. EXACTLY.

And, Again . . . many Jews still insisted that the trains were taking them to new jobs and a new life . . . until they realized it was gas instead of water coming out of the shower heads.

Normalcy bias is a part of that, no doubt. And wishful thinking. And terror of facing facts. etc. etc.

But to fail to realize one of the MAJOR LESSONS OF HISTORY . . . that

BIG GOVERNMENT LOVES TYRANNY

AND

TYRANNY LOVES BIG GOVERNMENT . . . to fail to understand that is REALLY TERMINAL LEVEL CLUELESSNESS.

Maybe the Eloi deserve to be shuffled off to the caverns of the Morlachs for dinner . . . as the main course. Sigh.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Why is the TSA still in existence?

Because terrorists hate us "for our freedoms".

edit on 3-7-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

a reply to: everyone

That is just sickening. That is so a$$backwards my head is about to explode.

I know right!? It bothers and worries me a lot too.

Ya, they have their priorities all messed up.

unbelievable..

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I'm not condoning their behavior. And agree they have zero training and most are not of "higher education" caliber.

However, my main point is - - if you have any Special Needs - - it is your responsibility to make sure that is included with your flight information.

You HAVE TO take responsibility for yourself. Seeing someone in a wheelchair does not explain the full depth of their disability. It should not be left up to strangers to guess - - - when those strangers have their responsibilities.

If she did plan ahead and made sure that information was with her flight information - - - then the breakdown is the airlines not making the TSA agents aware.

Its just that I grew up with disabled people. You can not put the responsibility on others to know your needs.

This is up there with the worst posts of all time. When a clearly weak and disabled girl who clearly has cancer or some other degenerative disease is treated this way it is the fault of law enforcement. If her physical issues were not obvious to the TSA, they certainly are not qualified to do anything and should be immediately terminated. Sure a form is nice. But, there training is supposed to allow them to identify and stop terrorism. The terrorist are getting smarter and more subtle. If they can't figure out the obvious stuff, then there is no point in their existence. Sure some mistakes will happen, but, nothing of this magnitude should ever happen.

Your argument is effectively the TSA is stupid. Therefore, they need a form to not behave stupidly. No, no, no. They need to behave professionally and identify threats, not get hung up with protocol on a clearly sick passenger. Pathetic.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: dougie6665
When a clearly weak and disabled girl who clearly has cancer or some other degenerative disease is treated this way it is the fault of law enforcement.

If the mother had taken the time and precaution to call ahead, this never would have happened.

You do not assume when you are Special Needs. You responsibly take care of yourself and make sure accommodations will be met.

If her physical issues were not obvious to the TSA, they certainly are not qualified to do anything and should be immediately terminated.

Is this true?

The Memphis Airport Police put her on the floor.

TSA runs the machines, but TSA employees get fired if they have a physical altercation. No use of force unless it is in self defense and even then you will get disciplined for not running away.

I do not condone what they did. I never said what they did was acceptable.

However, looking at something from a different perspective does not make that perspective wrong.

edit on 3-7-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Arent airport police just glorified security guards? I thought they were rejects from normal police academies. SO it s no wonder they use excessive force.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Arent airport police just glorified security guards? I thought they were rejects from normal police academies. SO it s no wonder they use excessive force.

I don't know.

I'm just trying to find out facts.

Is it accurate that the Airport Police are the ones who were physical with her - - - and not the TSA agents?

Is it accurate that the TSA agents did what they were supposed to - - - and the Airport Police stepped in when the girl did not cooperate?

Emotional responses are not necessarily reliable.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Golly,

so the tsa is there to keep us safe while we travel? /sarcasm

I'll drive my chevrolegs before i"d set foot in any airport where that company is hired for 'securing' my person!

let me guess, no paid administrative leave-nor a public hanging? just back to work as usual?

...and we keep this company in business

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I have been a follower for many years but your reply made me join just so i could reply to your statement:

I am disabled but to look at me you would never know, sometimes i use a crutch but i despise it so i do my best to leave the hateful thing at home, when i travel it is the same, sometimes i use it and sometimes i dont.
When i travel in Europe i am always respected, if i use my crutch it goes through the x-ray machine and our security people treat me with respect, they ask every time if i need help going through the x-ray before i get my crutch back.

See, i dont want people knowing i am disabled, it is bloody depressing having that label over my head and feeling like a blister on society but it is what it is. I used the disable service that we have here in Europe once, never again, NEVER..!
I felt like an animal at best even though i was treated with the upmost respect by the people but it felt degrading so i now suffer the pain and walk it and i dont tell anybody that i am disabled, WHY SHOULD I BE TREATED ANY DIFFERENT FROM NORMAL PEOPLE?????????

I dont want to watch the video of this poor child because it would depress me but i have read the whole thread and you are defending the people who brutalized the poor child by saying that they should have been told the girl was disabled, apparently the mother was screaming at the thugs telling them she was disabled but they threw her to the ground anyway, i would panic if all them thugs were around me as well (one reason why i will never visit the land of the FREE.lol) touching me where i wouldnt want to be touched but by reading your comments it is the mothers fault because she didnt tell anybody that she was disabled. Youre the kind of person who wants us disabled people have a big badge around our necks telling everybody that we are useless because we are disabled, well guess what, we dont like that, having a big label around our necks and yet you say you grew up around disabled people (i find that hard to believe TBH but that is another story) so you must know how WE FEEL ABOUT OUR DISABILITIES and yet you still defend the TSA thugs.

I do hope you get to feel this poor childs humiliation and pain at some point in your life because it sucks being disabled and having that label hanging over your head and then be brutalized by thugs because you cant comprehend what is happening.

DO you work for the government or the TSA by any chance because you talk the talk.
I have read some dire crap on this website over many years but you take it to a whole new level.

I will say again, i would never travel to your country because of your TSA thugs who terrorize innocent people because they think they are above the law.

Have a good day annee and i hope you never end up having the life of a disabled person.

"If Spock were here he would say that I was an irrational illogical human being for going on a mission like this....... Sounds like fun!" -- Kirk" How ironic!

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Redback

First star is on me Red

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Redback

Ugh! I typed a whole reply and it got "moofed". So again.

I understand completely. But, you are making decisions for you. What if it was your kid? What if it was this kid?

If the mother had called ahead and made arrangements, this child never would have had this experience or this memory that will probably be with her forever.

Do I want another child to experience something like this? Hell NO!

Do Not ASSUME you're going to get "someone with a thinking brain" that is cognizant of your child's Special Needs.

“An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” ― Benjamin Franklin

No, I do not work for TSA or government.

When I was 5, my mom contracted polio in the '51 epidemic. It was 39 years later before the Disability Act was signed.

She belonged to a disabled club, where I spent much of my youth.

Maybe its "Old School" thinking, because there were no protections when I was growing up. If you weren't responsible for yourself, no one was going to be there to help you.

My mom worked for one of the major airlines. We flew a lot. She always notified ahead of time she was disabled and flying with 3 minor children.

Later, when metal detectors were put in, she lit them up like the 4th of July with her metal brace. She always had to go to secondary inspection - - - even as an airline employee. Its standard procedure.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Redback

I do hope you get to feel this poor childs humiliation and pain at some point in your life because it sucks being disabled and having that label hanging over your head and then be brutalized by thugs because you cant comprehend what is happening.

As a young child, growing up with a single disabled mom in a time there were no protections - - I experienced many humiliating moments because of it.

We were kicked out of restaurants, refused entrance to businesses, swore at to not get near someone's child, etc.

She, of course, fell many times in public and drew a crowd, but rarely did anyone offer to help.

Pretty much how LGBT are treated today in many areas.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Redback
. . . you must know how WE FEEL ABOUT OUR DISABILITIES and yet you still defend the TSA thugs.

Where have I defended them?

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
OK...lets try this a different way. A transgendered person is getting on an airplane and is moving through the TSA line. One of the diligent TSA officers notices this person isn't a woman...but a man in disguise! A disguise to avoid being identified as a terrorist, he thinks. He begins to question this person that the person begins getting emotional (as they do) and moves away from the TSA agent. The TSA then knock this person to the floor causing them to smash their head and bleed all over the place.

Following Annie's logic, this trans person should have called ahead and warned the TSA that they would be coming through their line. But...Annie would immediately go off the handle claiming that would be embarrassing to the trans person and that a trans person shouldn't have to state that they are coming disguised as a woman. She would even say it isn't a disguise (which by the way is a costume to hide who you are).

But a young, white disabled girl? F HER!!!! She didn't suffer as "some people" here have. Oh...and by the way Annie...the reason you are a globalist is because the further you get away for the desire of individuals, the better chance trans people will be allowed to do as they please. A town? A state...nope. These people actually have to live with such people and deal with their quirks and demands. You prefer a globalist government only because they are far enough away and don't have to deal with these people, so they will likely support them.

Kinda like the king saying it is fine that the lepers walk among the peasants. As long as the king doesn't have to worry about getting sick, screw everyone else.

In my opinion of course.

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join