It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seriously...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Who is doing so?

Sensationalist news folk, and a large number of leftists that believe anything and don't do any research.

Does the fact that climate changes without human activity preclude human activity being the the primary cause of the current rapid increase in global temperatures?

Whether or not human activity is the primary cause of the current rapid increase in global temperatures is what the climate change debate is all about. Rapid increases in global temperatures have happened before without the assistance of mankind, so it does preclude human activity being the cause.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: forthelove

Do you really think that climate change is new to this planet?

No and no scientist ever said otherwise, this is a false narrative pushed by denialist think tanks and the bloggers they fund to make climate science look absurd.

Of course we contributed to the pollution of the atmosphere, but do you really think it matters that much?

That depends on what is 'polluting' Co2 happens to be a big deal in in either direction. Too much C02 and it will heat the planet up too much to sustain current life (us humans), too little and it will be too cold to sustain life. Co2 absorbs heat disallowing it to escape into space then re-emits that heat, some of it coming back down to the lower atmosphere, like a double shot from the sun.

We are on a small planet, supposedly spinning on an axis, hurtling through space at 7000 miles an hour and traversing through many different levels of radiation.

The orbital path and the spin of our planet absolutely does affect the climate, these are responsible for our ice ages and thaws... thing is, we can track them now and currently by where we are in those cycles we should be cooling, not warming.

Volcano's everywhere, earthquakes with gases escaping from them, daily.

Some gases work to cool the atmosphere, volcanoes emit sulfur dioxide which reflects light back to space before it has a chance to add heat... volcanic emissions have a cooling effect.

Earth has vast stores of methane frozen in the ground, methane is another gas that traps heat in the atmosphere. The frozen methane is starting to thaw because of the extra heat caused by C02 building up in our atmosphere.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Of course the climate has changed in the past. Ironically enough that has helped the climatologists to calibrate and compare the current conditions to events of the past.

If you are one of those people who believe humans can't affect things planet wide then consider the ozone hole.

If you are one of those people who believe "so what climate has changed in the past" then remember the current mix of flora and fauna exists because of the current conditions. If the conditions change then the mix changes. Life will find a way as Dr Malcolm of Jurassic Park puts it but that life might not include us.

If we know we are affecting the climate then it is incumbent on us to do something about it.

If we believe but are not certain and the changes required benefit the earth anyway (less pollution for example) then it's a win win anyway. So why gamble.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

We knew this...and discussed many times here....Climate change is exactly what the name implies: climate changes things. Its carved out coastlines, caused ice ages and heat waves, droughts, extinctions.

Hurricanes, tsunamis, earthquakes, floods, ice ages, tornados, cyclones, monsoons, volcanic eruptions, movement of the tectonic plates, mass extinctions etc, etc, etc...please!

It exactly what its supposed to be doing...constantly, ever changing and continuing until the end of Earth....

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I agree!

but i don't agree that the human race should be taxed for breathing.

It's messed up royally... this is.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

Breathing isn't the problem.
Burning fossil fuels is.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Breathing isn't the problem.
Burning fossil fuels is.

Breathing in deadly gasses from various industrials is a problem.

anything that lets off deadly substances is dangerous isn't it?

Cars for example

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Yes.
What does that have to do with being "taxed for breathing?"

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Yes.

You don't think people are pissed for being taxed for air?

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Yes.

Did you have a nice nap?

Did you breathe easy during that nap?

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Who is being taxed for air?

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I was hoping you'd enlighten me.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10

You said this:

Was it nothing but a random statement? Because it seems to be the first mention of anyone being taxed for breathing.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

maybe just in my country...

nm

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

You said this:

Was it nothing but a random statement? Because it seems to be the first mention of anyone being taxed for breathing.

do you enjoy winning debates?

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I have a friend with a beautiful home down by a winding river. He's been flooded out 3 years in a row, losing a lot of personal irreplaceable things, rebuilding (constant state of renovations), and another one in South Florida a block or so from the ocean.

Every year there is flood season, and hurricane/tropical storm season. When I asked each why they continue to stay there, losing and rebuilding year after year...I got the same response from each.

After losing all their furniture, family heirlooms, baby pictures, awards, collectibles and starting to rebuild in exactly the same spot....they repsonded with "Yeah...but its so PRETTY here!"

Pretty stupid if you ask me....climate...changes. Every year, every day...and will never stop....and yes, man has had a negative effect on it. But climate change is natural and normal for Mother Earth.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

that's terrible... I'm sorry your friends are going through such a rough time. Truly that pulled at my heart strings... Are they Ok? I know what it's like to go without and even lose everything, so i understand to an extent.

This is the reason i wish i had a billion dollars.. i'd help people. I'd enjoy it too, it's something i would just love doing. And it pains me to hear of people who go through this...

Thankyou for sharing that. Truly...

edit on 7/2/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

You said this:

Do you think this was a debate? You made a statement. I asked why.
edit on 7/2/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

You said this:

Do you think this was a debate? You made a statement. I asked why.

No..
But remind me never to respond here again,
I don't debate with tattle tales, half my posts were deleted and i didnt swear once.

So much for free speech...

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Being off topic doesn't have much to do with swearing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join