It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Muslims commonly proselytize?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: tommo39
a reply to: Ellie Sagan

Yes, it is one of the main duties of all muslims to convert unbelievers to islam.

And if they don't convert, to kill them.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

Crikey I better watch out my whole street is muslim.
Odd none have converted me or threatened me with death.
So when Mo brings me a curry his wife has made I better not let him in...
edit on 3-7-2016 by TheKnightofDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom

Crikey I better watch out my whole street is muslim.
Odd none have converted me or threatened me with death.
So when Mo brings me a curry his wife has made I better not let him in...

They won't when they are in the minority.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Interesting then that India still has so many non-muslims, considering it was ruled by muslims for centuries.
Interesting then that Africa has so many non-muslims, considering that it was ruled by muslims for centuries.
Interesting then that there are so many non-muslims in the middle east (Yazidis, Iranian Jews, Yemini Jews, Arab Christians), considering that it has been ruled by muslims for centuries.

As a comparison, let us look at Christian Europe.
Where are the druids? They don't exist anymore, except for revivalist movements who have to make up 90% of the stuff they do, because the entire history was almost obliterated.
Where are the wiccans? They don't exist anymore, except for revivalist movements who have to make up 90% of the stuff they do, because the entire history was almost obliterated.
Where are the Vikings? They don't exist anymore, except for revivalist movements who have to make up 90% of the stuff they do, because the entire history was almost obliterated (except some small selections that were written by the conquering christian community).

Heck, the only reason we still have European Jews today is because of the Doctrine of Perpetual Servitude, which stated that Christians have to let the Jews live as perpetual servants as evidence of the superiority of Christianity. And this was from one of the "good" Popes.

See, the amazing thing about all these narratives is that people are so blind to the actual history. The Middle East, Africa, Asia, Persia/Iran, it has a vibrant and rich history of non-muslims- Jews, Christians, Baha'i, Zoroastrains, Druze, Mandaeans, Samaritans, Yazidi- that extends over a thousand years after Islam became the dominant religion in that area. Then people ignorant of the history look at the last 50-100 years or so and say stuff like "Muslims are so intolerant of non-muslims" "It is all kill or convert" "Just wait till they become the majority" etc.

Except they HAD been the majority for over a millennia, and those communities still exist.
Sure, I'm not saying those communities always had it easy, or that there weren't muslim rulers who tried killing them, or that the Middle East is necessarily the best place for them today, but if "Convert or Kill" was such a fundamental part of the religion, in an area where the religion was so absolutely dominant for over a thousand years, none of those groups would be left. It would be like Europe, homogeneous in it's absolute lack of any historically european religion.

So for a thousand years (including at the very start of Islam) muslims weren't following the "Islamic way", and only in the last 50-100 years they have started? That makes no sense at all.

a reply to: Wombocracy
It was just a jokey response to Bone75's avatar, which I believe is from a video game called The Legend of Zelda: Majorica's Mask. I responded that "Ocarina of Time" (the game before it) was better.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: babloyi

Okay, but I never said Islam doesn't have apostates. Muhammad was the one who said to strike the kafir in their fingers and their necks if they didn't convert. Don't shoot the messenger bro.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical
Okay, but I never said Islam doesn't have apostates. Muhammad was the one who said to strike the kafir in their fingers and their necks if they didn't convert. Don't shoot the messenger bro.

I was talking about "Convert or else kill", which is what you were talking about at the start of this page. Which is BS.

I wasn't shooting anyone either, but you'd make a pretty poor messenger, considering you got the message completely wrong- even the verse you just paraphrased, is about what God commanded the angels to do during a specific battle to the enemy. Not in any way at all a commandment from Muhammad to "strike the kafir in their fingers and their necks if they didn't convert".
edit on 4-7-2016 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Weird, so why did Muhammad kill people who wouldn't convert?

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: tommo39

Yes, it is one of the main duties of all muslims to convert unbelievers to islam.

its the biggest reward in the afterlife for all religions that have a converting process.
2nd best is spreading the word of god.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Weird, so why did Muhammad kill people who wouldn't convert?

people who dont convert usually are asked of 2 things. Either pay the Tax for being none muslim or leave the community.
People who abandon their Islamic beilf are to be killed. Not so much people who have not commited to the will of Allah

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Which people who didn't convert did Muhammad kill?
Heck, there is a specific story of how when Muhammad conquered Mecca, aside from less than 10 who he ordered to be executed (for the crime of murder and such), the rest were neither killed, nor forced to convert.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Why did Jesus say kill unruly children?.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 05:48 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Why did Jesus say kill unruly children?.

That was the law, who knows if anyone followed it or not. They violated most all the other laws given to Moses on Mt. Sinai. Hell, they were worshipping a golden calf when Moses came down the 2nd time from the mountain.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 05:54 AM
link   

That makes it all okay then.....So they were worshiping a golden calf and had to be killed? More or less the exact thing you are saying Mohamed did..
The God of the Bible ordered child killings slaughter of civilizations and so forth but you attempt to diss Islam while your religion is as bad.
edit on 4-7-2016 by TheKnightofDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 06:01 AM
link   

rationalwiki.org...

See both religions have their hands washed with blood.
The Christian God is going to kill millions of unbelievers according to revelation so again why is your religion any better?.
edit on 4-7-2016 by TheKnightofDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 06:01 AM
link   

That makes it all okay then.....So they were worshiping a golden calf and had to be killed? More or less the exact thing you are saying Mohamed did..
The God of the Bible ordered child killings slaughter of civilizations and so forth but you attempt to diss Islam while your religion is as bad.

The Bible says God ordered the slaughter of entire tribes of Nephilim, go back to Genesis 6. They were demigod offspring of fallen angels and human women, they weren't human.

And even if they were, I don't freak out that God is sovereign and can judge certain people for making him angry with their sin. I'm fine with that, God can be God.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Have you read Kings 2:23.

God sends two bears to kill some youths who mocked Elishas bald head.

My point is All holy books have stupid evil outdated stuff in and most cherry pick what they think is right...you do and so do moderate Muslims.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

But Christianity doesn't convert by the sword, or kill apostates. (The pope did centuries ago, but I don't consider him Christian to begin with)

I can't find in the NT where believers or elders/bishops of the church were told to execute heretics or apostates.
edit on 4-7-2016 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Moderate muslims also do not consider people who kill in the name of Islam muslim...
Why is it ok for you to dismiss people as not christian but when someone says they are not muslim you ignore?.
I know a rival religion. ..

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   

The druids still exist ken Barlow is a high druid
(Not going to get that if not from the uk).

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join