It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Muslims commonly proselytize?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle
At least on this site.

I cannot handle the cognitive dissonance between Muslim preaching and what is written in the Quran. Have the same problem with Paul in the bible creating us vs them doctrines.

If there was a religion based on Rumi:s non dualistic teachings then I would probably find it very nice.

I think the golden rule and spirituality is based on extreme awareness and logic and any prophet who create deviation from the golden rule shows he is spreading falsehood and should not be followed.

Let it be true! (what amen means, I don't use it)

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Ellie Sagan

I'd enjoy the experience of being proselytised to if for no other reason than knowing how it goes.

Yourself excepted, I don't know of anyone who's been approached by a Muslim who wanted to convert them. I've been doorstepped, stopped and leafleted by various Christian denominations and Mormons. We used to have old-school fire and brimstone barkers in Liverpool city centre and I expect that generation has died now - poor fellas ranted all day as thousands ignored them. One of many Jehovah moments was enjoyable when they showed the posters of multicultural families having picnics on flower-filled meadows surrounded by lions, cattle, lambs and colourful birds. Heaven must be Hell for those poor lions

I travel and work in Liverpool, Manchester, Bolton, Blackburn and a variety of other NW England towns and haven't even seen Muslims standing on the street with leaflets or signs. NW England hosts some of the larger Muslim populations so I take this as representative of the majority of Muslims in England. I see the pictures from parts of London and can only speak from personal experience.

So yes, I envy your experience. By the sound of it, the guy was gentle in his method rather than persistent and threatening. I guess the alleged 'duty' of Muslims to 'convert' is about as widely practised as Christians turning the other cheek or not coveting stuff in a materialistic society. Being written doesn't mean it becomes common practice.

ETA - forgot to add the Krishnas!! Now they were a persistent bunch. They'd hang out at bus stations where the audience was captive.
edit on 7.2.2016 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   

I'd say . . .

CONVERT or OFF WITH YOUR HEAD

is a definitely strong-armed type of proselytizing.

I've never seen the Amish do that.
I've never seen the Baptists do that.
I've never seen the Pentecostals do that.

I've not seen the Lutherans do it.
Nor the Presbyterians.
Nor the Episcopalians.

Nor the 7th Day Adventists.
Nor the Bretheren.

Shoot--not even the Mormons nor the JW's do that!

I'd say the Muslims take the blood-red cake in the proselytizing dept.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN

I'd say . . .

CONVERT or OFF WITH YOUR HEAD

is a definitely strong-armed type of proselytizing.

I've never seen the Amish do that.
I've never seen the Baptists do that.
I've never seen the Pentecostals do that.

I've not seen the Lutherans do it.
Nor the Presbyterians.
Nor the Episcopalians.

Nor the 7th Day Adventists.
Nor the Bretheren.

Shoot--not even the Mormons nor the JW's do that!

I'd say the Muslims take the blood-red cake in the proselytizing dept.

You think you are funny?

Islam does not do that and you are a receptor for propaganda.

Buy the lie, is that how you roll?

Proud to be able to tell the truth about Islam being a wonderful religion no worse or better than Christianity.

When water boarding was going on, was that a Christian thing? It was a war thing.

So Islam is no more responsible for terrorism than Christianity is for starting a war by lying about wmd's.

Smarten up. We are not all ignorant enough to buy into the propaganda why are you?
edit on 2-7-2016 by Wombocracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

First step destroy what you believe. It is the fault of many a godly man who coined the term that is not found in the Bible.

Trinity cannot be found there. However Godhead is in the Bible and it is said Jesus was the fullness of the Godhead bodily, and the fact that John wrote that there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word and the Holy Ghost and these three are one. So just because a word is not found there does not mean it is not sound doctrine.

God Started it all not Adam and Eve. God placed a blessing of procreation of Adam and his wife, he named Eve. We are told Eve was deceived by that old serpent but that Adam sinned willfully when disobeying God (Gen 3). Not in the same way are we all sinners but we have the propensity to sin.

What your Muslim Friends shared with you was not entirely true and they do not know that. All you could do is agree with them because more than likely you don't know the Bible well enough to refute their false teaching. When I was given a chance to show them from the Bible what the truth is about what they shared with you. They tell you the bible is corrupt so then they automatically turn you off and wont accept anything after that.

There is a preserved word of God, and God himself preserved it through men unto this English speaking Generation. You can find it, it has all the verses in it, it defines all the words in it by the context of the word in question and has a supernatural built in cross reference (unless you are very familiar with your Bible chances are you will never see it).

The Holy Bible says, Lu 17:26 And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man. 27 They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all. 28 Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded; 29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all. 30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.
In the days of Noah there was violence in the land (Gen. 6:11) we see it every day. Every man called upon the name of god in their own way (Gen 4:26b), everyone went along in life doing what they normally did with no regard to God Almighty and they died in a flood, except for eight.

When Lot lived in Sodom they practiced all sorts of debauchery known to men, Gangs were prevalent especially in the evening this is a worldwide phenomenon, Sexual deviancy was accepted as normal (read Gen 19), and the rest of the people in those cities went on with their normal lives.

We are told when Jesus is revealed as the King of Kings and Lord of Lords the one true God, that it will be just as it was in those days. And So it is we need only look around us, read the news, look out into the streets and know that his time is near.

edit on 2-7-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Wombocracy

Oh you are right they wouldn't do that. No they ask you to recite the Koran and if you can't they torture and kill you just like they did in India yesterday.

ISIS is the true face of Islam and all Muslims will accept their methods because it reaches the same goal all Muslims want and pray for the success of it each day five times a day, The one world Caliphate.

edit on 2-7-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   

There is nothing that says your coworker is an extremist. Don't get freaked out about it. Like a lot of people who are excited about their faith, he may just be very excited to find someone he thinks is interested and may join him in learning more.

I wouldn't worry too much about it.

What I am talking about is only a certain subset.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: babloyi

a reply to: ketsuko
Legitimate target for what? From who? By which rules?

It's convert or die rules. The extremists still believe that you have to offer the infidels, especially People of the Book, the chance to convert before you kill them. They fulfill this requirement by just putting calls to Islam in every rant they send out. As far as they are then concerned they have offered us the chance to come to Islam, so they are justified to do whatever it takes to us to either kill us or bring us to submission and conversion.

They live by the idea that there will be no peace until all the world is for Allah.

This isn't all Muslims, but it is the ones who are shooting up nightclubs and Christmas parties, bombing airports, and massacring people in restaurants.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: tommo39

Yes, it is one of the main duties of all muslims to convert unbelievers to islam.

I live in Bradford UK and never had any Muslim attempting to convert me. I have many Muslim pals and at work.
Had a Christians blabber on at me at work though.
But in the UK we keep our religions to ourselves mostly.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

It was more than just being friendly. He clearly was trying to get me to understand the faith and see it his way. I don't really care about the doctrine of the trinity, or any others for that matter. I don't follow any religion.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Yeah, I'm aware of the beginnings. My husband used to work for a Muslim. We went to his house for dinner once, and I was so excited to tell his wife about how we (I used to be a Christian) had a little in common. I then proceeded to tell her about Isaac and Ishmael and all that. She was just looking at me like I was crazy. So I toned it down a bit. lol I have a tendency to get over excited about things, then realize that others might not get it, or they might wonder why I am so excited about whatever it is that I'm talking about.

Anyway, I think it's pretty cool that the three religions have such a connection.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Well...... he wasn't like that at all. I explained he was very nice and friendly. It reminded me of a Christian way of talking to someone to share the truth (their truth). I may not agree with it, but I don't mind them talking about it as long as they don't get pushy. It goes for anyone sharing with me about their religion.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

You can always say thank you have a nice day and go about your business.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Thanks for your well thought out response. However, I don't care about all that. I used to be a Christian, now I'm not a follower of any religion. I find good and bad in all that I have learned about. I enjoy learning and thinking about other religions, and especially origin stories in each religion.

I thought it was unusual to have a Muslim talking to me about it, and I didn't even realize it was Islam he was talking about until I looked at the website (which in case anyone is interested is www.sultan.org).

Your truth is different than his, and different from mine. We each have to find our way, in our own way.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

True. But I like to listen to people and try to glean what I can. I also know that when they talk to me about stuff, it's important to them and I don't really like to cut them off.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

OK. It seemed like you might have been offended, I couldn't quite tell.

Just the fact that you had a dialogue is good itself. Some people would not even do that because they are not so enlightened to resist the anti Islam agenda going on.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital
I know a few Muslims and not once has the topic of conversion come up in any of my conversations with any of them.

They often do it when pointing an AK47 at you. Probably cannot handle the "sod off" look if they tried. A gun tends to help.

Daily Fail article

World Watch

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Double.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: babloyi

a reply to: ketsuko
Legitimate target for what? From who? By which rules?

It's convert or die rules.

Have you witnessed this personally?

The extremists still believe that you have to offer the infidels, especially People of the Book, the chance to convert before you kill them.

Again, have you witnessed this personally?

They fulfill this requirement by just putting calls to Islam in every rant they send out. As far as they are then concerned they have offered us the chance to come to Islam, so they are justified to do whatever it takes to us to either kill us or bring us to submission and conversion.

They live by the idea that there will be no peace until all the world is for Allah.

This isn't all Muslims, but it is the ones who are shooting up nightclubs and Christmas parties, bombing airports, and massacring people in restaurants.

Are you familiar with the art of propaganda through control of the media?

That beheadings can be staged, and almost anything else?

Again you have no idea how far these people will go to fill the empty headed against Muslims for reasons that have nothing to do with Islam.

It wasn't long ago that Jews, Muslims and Christians all lived as friends and neighbors in Palestine. Pre 1947.

It wasn't long ago the Catholic Church made Isis look like angels.

It wasn't the Palestinians who invaded Palestine and created chaos.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I live and work in Dearborn MIchigan and I interact with literally dozens of Muslims each week. Many talk GOD not religion, and have respected me a a Christian.

Most say it only matters that you are a good person and treat everyone decently. No one's ever pushed their religious agenda on me.

70% of my city, store clerks, bank workers, gas stations, grocery stores...all muslim decent...or more precisely, middle eastern.

What we see on tv and read and hear about is not a true picture.There are Iraqis that are Christian/Chaldeans...and Yemenis, Egyptians, Israelis, Syrians, Indonesians, Arabians, Libyans....so many different cultures...and I get zero preaching.

The most we've mentioned is that we both believe in a Creator, and should be nice to everyone equally. Now...the Christian JEHOVAHS? They got recruitment issues....

MS
!st Responder/EMT
edit on 2-7-2016 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join