It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100 commando's battleling terrorists in Dhaka Restaurant

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Current battle rages on in Cafe as per CNN news. Police storm the cafe with 6-8 gunmen inside.....
edit on 1-7-2016 by tommo39 because: (no reason given)
UPDATE....2 police dead, 40 wounded.....
edit on 1-7-2016 by tommo39 because: update

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Here's the CNN LINK

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: tommo39

What are they fighting a SEAL team or are those commandos useless?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Looks like ISIS is claiming responsibility for this one too.

They are striking around the world without having to really send anyone anywhere.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Bullets go both ways in a gun battle.

Plenty of dead SEALs will attest to that.
edit on 1 7 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Here's a link to the cnn story
www.google.com...#

Around 20 hostages, 40 people wounded so far

Police reportedly stormed the restaurant, but the link also says there trying to resolve peacefully

Gunmen also have explosives that they have thrown at police

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

You can't fight an idea with bullets

It's easy to take advantage of young minds

Especially when they see on the Internet the opulent lives of rich kids and they know they don't stand a chance

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

What are they fighting a SEAL team or are those commandos useless?

Gunfights arent like the movies....trust me, ive been in plenty of them having done multiple tours over seas......

Like Vxn said, hot lead travels both directions...

I dont understand comments like this, it illustrates peoples disconnects between reality and what they perceive from TV
edit on 7/1/2016 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

They are striking around the world without having to really send anyone anywhere.

I can claim I have clean underwear at the moment, but no one would be the wiser. This whole "claims responsibility" is rarely substantiated and the media puts it out like candy. Regardless of your hate, DO NOT assume the involvement of any faction.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Especially when they see on the Internet the opulent lives of rich kids and they know they don't stand a chance

That has ZERO to do with the situation right now where innocent people are being shot......

When people are trying to kill you, you dont stop and try to discuss theology with them.....

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

I can claim I have clean underwear at the moment, but no one would be the wiser. This whole "claims responsibility" is rarely substantiated and the media puts it out like candy. Regardless of your hate, DO NOT assume the involvement of any faction.

Rarely substantiated? LoL you mean like the latest situation where he called 911 and was recorded claiming he was doing it for ISIS? I love how people say "rarely" but its actually not......

People seem awfully scared to call a spade a spade

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Only those protecting their own it seems.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: eisegesis

Rarely substantiated? LoL you mean like the latest situation where he called 911 and was recorded claiming he was doing it for ISIS? I love how people say "rarely" but its actually not......

People seem awfully scared to call a spade a spade

From the OP,

The Islamic State (ISIS) has claimed a number of past attacks in Bangladesh through its media affiliates, but the government has consistently denied any ISIS presence in the country. Other attacks have been claimed by local Islamist groups.

Though there was the reported ISIS claim of responsibility, the U.S. State Department said that cannot yet be confirmed. Spokesman John Kirby said the State Department is assessing information.

A U.S. official familiar with intelligence thinking told CNN's Barbara Starr that based on past operations, it is more likely that al Qaeda in the Indian Subcontinent is conducting this attack -- not ISIS. This is preliminary analysis -- not a conclusion -- based on the best information available. The official says AQIS has demonstrated a more capable presence in Dhaka over the past few months than ISIS, and so far, all of its attacks in Bangladesh have been in Dhaka.

Unless you want to argue anti-American groups, I'd say you're jumping to conclusions. Don't try and substantiate what can't be proven.

edit on 1-7-2016 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

This whole "claims responsibility" is rarely substantiated and the media puts it out like candy

And as for now , 100 % spot on..
Oh , wait . Perhaps you have not kept up with the news over the last 4 years. Or just doubt the accuracy because you can ?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Dude, it's #ing Islamists attacking, my battle buddies and I fought them before and likely will fight them again, anyone who says differently is a POG or a civilian, strait up.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Some people dont care about ideas and just swing back because they felt threatened. Sometimes people fight without a care in the world about the other guys idea.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Twenty foreigners have been killed by Islamist militants who attacked an upscale cafe in the Bangladeshi capital and held dozens hostage in an hours-long stand-off, before police stormed the building and rescued 13 hostages.
IS posted photos of what it said were dead foreigners killed in the assault. What a pack of FUC*** muslim terrorist scum these people are......NO 72 VIRGINS for these murderers......

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   

They get 72 virgins...just not female like they think.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   
20 Hostages were killed and two Police and Six terrorists, one terrorist was captured. The Hostages were Japanese and Italian
they were tortured before being killed. The locals inside were not killed but I am sure very traumatised.
Negotiations had been taking place for quiet a few hours before the place was stormed. It should have been done sooner IMO..
Fdaesh Scum.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Twenty people, all of them foreigners, were killed during an attack by suspected Islamists on a cafe in Bangladesh, officials say. Gunmen stormed the Holey Artisan Bakery cafe in Dhaka late on Friday before troops entered almost 12 hours later. Six of the attackers were also killed and one was arrested, a government spokesman said. The attack was claimed by the so-called Islamic State (IS). Most victims were reportedly from Italy and Japan.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Oh yes.

The ultimate tricksters are not the ones who use slight of hand, not the ones who skilfully distract a persons attention from the correct fist, but always those who shame and distort a persons reason for looking for the trick at all. Make it a matter of morality, to ignore the elephant in the room, make it a matter of pride and sound judgement to ignore the fact that all things are connected together and are not divisible from one another.

That's how the wool ends up about ones eyes. It is not placed there by shadowy hands in a brief moment, but slowly drawn down about ones head by ones own hand, one is instead convinced to place the blindfold on oneself.

A pox upon it all.

The simple fact of the matter is that regardless of the situation unfolding, onequestions post was spot on. That does not change just because there is lead flying in every direction. It is at times like this where considering the reality of things, all of the realities, is most important. Remembering what is, and what is not, is hardest to do when the crap hits the fan, but if you ever stop looking at the big picture, everyone looses eventually.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join