It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Start seeing motorcycles"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

You're exactly the kind of arschloch endangering other people and giving motorcycle riders a bad name.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Personally,I won`t ride without a helmet,boots,and if it`s not really hot as much leather as possible.The people wearing shorts,tank tops,no helmets,etc.might be comfortable but damn. road rash hurts..and banging a bare head on the pavement is BAD.Even riding my Harley at moderate speed I realize theres a lot of danger out there,some riders seem to think nothing can go wrong,but it sure as hell can in a blink.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: 123143

Yes, dear...all mine. Old age gives one the benefit of being able to see forwards and backwards, and intuit many outcomes. Daredevilry often comes with many prices not only to the self, but to others as well...and not all at once.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: 123143

You're exactly the kind of arschloch endangering other people and giving motorcycle riders a bad name.

Did you miss the
?

That is a jokey face, as in wink wink

I sold my bike about 4 years ago. Obvious squids are obvious.

Motorcycles are fast.

This is not Above top secret.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

I would never ride without boots, gloves and helmet. That is stupid.

Keep the racing on the tracks. I never got stupid in traffic like those vids. Too many distracted drivers in general.

When people scan each direction, they look for car sized vehicles. They will look through motorcycles, even at close distances. It is dangerous and common , usually daily.

The US isn't as common for lane splitting, as some other countries.

This guy gives me anxiety watching...

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

That video makes me want to throw open my car door.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

O. I. C.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: KyoZero

Yup, I agree too.

You don't see the majority of cars zipping through traffic. But you do with bike riders.

If I see a bike going the safe speed limit, I can clearly see him/her.

But if a crazy arse bike rider is zipping through traffic and I cut him off....so be it. I was changing lanes to pass the semi in front. If you, Mr bike rider, wasn't paying attention to traffic flow...then you'll have to slow down a bit and wait for me to pass the semi.

Bike riders should learn to go the speed limit and to stop changing lanes like an as hat.

And wear a damn helmet regardless of local laws.

Since I travel all the time, I had the pleasure of being passed by 2 couples on bikes. No helmets. Because they probably thought it was cool and freedom like.

Not even 30 minutes later, there is a traffic slow down on the interstate. Upon reaching the scene...it was those riders who passed me. One couple was comforting the man on the lead bike I saw...but he didn't have his woman next to him. Because everyone was rubbernecking, I got to see an ambulance speed away and saw his bike in the grass between the off ramp and interstate. He was crying his head off...

So you bikers, wear a Fn helmet and follow speed laws and traffic flow.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
When it comes to motorcycle safety all I can say is that motorcyclists should watch a couple of hours of crash videos to see what not to do.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ntech

Yeah, my ex used to race motorcycles. That's where he got his nickname, "Skid".

When he was stationed in Japan with the Marines some old Japanese man didn't see him and hit him. He got stuck in the grill.

The guy visited him in the hospital and brought him a fruit basket by way of apology because it was his fault.

You can lose your license in Japan over something like that.

He also snapped his collarbone during one race. It's amazing how well leather suits and good helmets protect the rider.

It may look cool and feel good not to wear a helmet, but you are nuts if you don't. A lot of drivers hate motorcyclists. Anything can happen when road rage is involved.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

Sorry folks...did not mean to post and run...was pretty ill this weekend

This part I have a bit of an issue with....

My problem is this. First, the lane splitting I am talking about is exactly what I said in the OP....20mph over the limit, lane splitting. I have seen it on the highway plenty when I lived in Chicago. Second, I understand the physics well enough to understand wobble and momentum. However, there is a ridiculously simple answer to this. Stop, start, stop start....I know it sucks on a bike...not denying that...but the motorcyclists made a choice to ride and sadly picked a backed up street. We all have to stop/start...again...I know it's more a pain on a bike, but it isn't an excuse to me

Lest people think differently...this was not typed in anger....just a neutral response

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: KyoZero

Im sorry you were ill! I had food poisoning and wound up in hospital for awhile.

I don't see how safety to others isn't paramount to motorcycles riding in between cars. The weight of the bike is one reason to not stop and restart over and over again. There is more likelyhood of damage to others and to the rider, IMO, than the ride thru accidents.

Just my opinion.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I don`t lane split,but it is a pain stopping and starting so I understand why you would.Anyone who`s rode a Harley through Gatlinberg can understand,lol

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I ride a W800 in the UK and consider myself a pretty safe rider but, when another motorcycle overtakes me and three cars on a bend at 100mph I can understand car drivers' frustration. Just be aware that there are good riders out there and we dislike the crap ones as much as you.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: blobzilla Exactly,they should go to a race track if they want to ride like a idiot.Safer for them and us too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join