It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red or Green Salsa? The wrong choice can have you beaten in Dallas

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Published on Jun 29, 2016

Dallas, Texas (Isael Rojas) — According to Isael Rojas, the guy who recorded the fight. It all started because the chips were $5 bucks and the pack of wild beast wanted the green salsa instead of the red. The struggle is real when picking out good salsa. I’m Mexican-American so I know how serious it can get when choosing salsa but I’d never fight someone over it.

Once the chicks started fighting. One of the guys who was trying to separate the girls gets himself involved when he pushes away a big dark guy. Well, that didn’t go well for him because he got chairs and fist thrown at him. At one point the angry mob had the guy cornered inside of the restaurant.

I guess the guys got tired of fighting and throwing around chairs because the fight just fizzled out. The bad news is these people tore up a perfectly good Mexican eatery. Animals.

Well well, what a waste of a nice eatery. Now pay attention everyone, for five solid minutes plus, a business establishment in America is destroyed while random people in a public place violently attack each other. Where are the police? If lets say someone started shooting, how would anyone not armed be able to defend themselves when the police had ample time to show up and save everyone??

Thankfully the morons preferred just to fight (like most people who are not a pussy). If you ever serving salsa in Dallas, beware. It could become life or death in mere seconds.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

Intense. What the hell was in that Mexican food! Crazy people. Sad

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Just a sign of the times. If it wasnt over salsa it would have been over.....(name your poison)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
What do you expect from Texas? lol

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: mymymy
I lived there for 1 year! I really saw some madness!

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Gotta love D town

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Isn't the question over the SW . . .

"Red or Green"

from the waiters?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: mymymy
What do you expect from Texas? lol

Oh, it isn't just Texas. This kind of stupidity takes place all over the US. People have no sense of perspective.

Remember the San Francisco Giants fan who was beaten nearly to death by two LA Dodgers fans?
edit on 1-7-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   
red v. green?

I thought that was a gang code...

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

I know its a huuuuuuuuuuuuggge city, but any chance you recognize the area??

a reply to: redempsh

haha, according to my sweety, she swears that these were New Mexicans because red vs green is like a major issue to New Mexican citizens. Hatch green chili likely plays role in this rivalry.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   

I thought Hatch were more of a regional pepper because they are mainly a crop of Hatch, New Mexico. We only recently began to get Hatch chilis in powdered and dried form up where I'm at.

*EDIT*

Duh ... I read New Mexican, and I was thinking citizens who are new to the US from Mexico, not people from the state of New Mexico ...

edit on 1-7-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I live in New Mexico....Tamalewood

www.urbandictionary.com...

Red and Green chili's come from the same pepper. The difference comes in how they are processed.

www.focusnewmexico.com...

On my enchiladas I like "Christmas" both red and green

Texans should stick to BBQ!!
edit on 1-7-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-7-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Hmmmmmmm

I thought that was classified information.

Though they really are great chili's.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I am going to utter chili blasphemy on this thread and state that I still prefer chipotle. Hatch are good, but nothing beats that smokey heat from a chipotle, not too hot and just about right.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Lots of folks in the SW take their chili's about as or more seriously than their beer.

I would not advise agreeing to a chili face off, BTW.

Some mouths and throats have not fared well.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Be careful. They might just kick you back across whatever border you entered on. LOL.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Really? I do not think this was about salsa. I lived in Dallas for 15 years and every Mexican restaurant that serves chips offers both red and green and usually a "hot" red version all for free as part of the meal, so, if this was about salsa, then the restaurant got what it deserved and the customers are idiots either way.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

hey man, turns out something has come up and I will be hanging out in Albuquerque next week, with a day in Truth or Consequences. Any ideas
I am thinking of taking a trip to either Jemez or Grants. I cannot decide whether I want to visit the ice cave or the soda dam again.
a reply to: ketsuko
ahh smoke-dried jalapenos eh? I like mine fresh personally. And when it comes to chili salsa on my cuisine, I agree with olaru, Christmas tree me!

a reply to: BO XIAN
oh trust me, I know. Peppers and chili salsa was never even on my mind until I met the wife. She really educated me. We occasionally have chili and pepper debates. The only place I have found Hatch green chili is Trader Joe's which itself is new to Tampa. Up until then, she was having her cousin pack them in cold packs and shipping them here to Florida where she freezes them to use later. Was getting expensive. She is currently planning on stocking up big on that and beef jerky during our stay there soon lol.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: forthelove

I am fairly certain that the salsa alone did not start it. Considering it was the women who began the altercation, my best theory on how it went down is that they were going to go ahead and accommodate, but someone said something snarky or disrespectful, then woman in red just gets the party started. But we cannot forget that the chili sauce most certainly played a role lol.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I hale from near Pueblo, Colorado, Chili are serous Biznas around here. I have seen fights over chili pepper types, not quite this dramatic, but still crazy!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join