It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jaw-dropping photos taken above CERN’s Large Hadron Collider lead to wild new conspiracy theories

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Do you know how they take lightning pics?.
I suggest you check.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   

But you title says it is over cern so is it or isn't it?.
edit on 3-7-2016 by TheKnightofDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

I think I've repeatedly said "purportedly" over Cern.

I don't live there. I haven't even tried to match pics with a map etc.

My world view, in contrast to that of most to all of the naysayers . . . allows that the OP article MIGHT be true.

I assumed that posting it would bring out all the reasons it could not possibly be true (in the eyes and biases of the naysayers) flooding out of the woodwork. Perhaps their arguments would win the day. Perhaps not.

At this point, from my perspective . . . it's still an open question.

The naysayers have offered some reasonable arguments. I haven't found any of them wholesale conclusive in terms of the OP's postulations.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Is the concept that

other folks . . . likely the authors

WRITE THE TITLES

a difficult concept for you?

Perhaps you are also unaware that the ATS T&C REQUIRES using the exact title on the article.

= = =

Now, my question for you is . . .

Where does your hostile blood-lust smugness come from?

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Right so it is a pretty picture that may be over cern...
Moving on because that is what I see here.
Maybe next time check your sources and don't fall for tabloid nonsense.
Lol the sun you do know it is a tabloid bs rag?.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   

I've taken lightening pics myself.

You are welcome to continue to respond to me as though I was lobotomized when I was a week old, if you wish.

You may well end up talking to yourself.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   

For the umpteenth time . . .

it was the flakiest organizations and publications which

FIRST said who Hitler was, what he would be come and what he would do.

And they were the

MOST ACCURATE in such regards.

I'll continue to pay attention to flaky organizations and publications.

It is highly logical that they might reveal something the stodgy, arrogant institutions of fossilized constructions on reality automatically are prone to miss or turn a very blind eye to.

But hey, if you are passionate about being wedded to the historic incapacity of science to change very quickly; to accept new truths and understanding very quickly . . . be my guest.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   

It's certainly true that professional bias can cause scientists to hold certain beliefs about the outcome of their experiment before it is performed. And I don't doubt ego plays a part in that as well.

But the only solution to ignorance is knowledge, and that is the goal of science.

As for my post length, I make short posts when I don't have much to say. In this instance, that wasn't the case.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   
PLEASE limit the conversation to the topic and remember ATS members are never the topic!

Forum Rules

The Skunk Works Forum Rules

As mentioned, this forum is for your most outlandish and extreme speculative conspiracy theory ideas. The intent is for like-minded members to engage in collaborative discussions about these theories in an environment that embraces and encourages extreme thought.

We certainly do not want to discourage the involvement of helpful critical analysis and skeptical thought, this will always be a very important part of collaboration on ATS. However, we will be strict in managing the tone and style of such exchanges. Please keep your critical involvement to helpful focus on issues, facts, and analysis of possibilities, and do not engage in disruptive character attacks, snipes, and insults in any way. Any such activity will result in a warning and removal of your post.

Thanks,
Blaine91555

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   

If I may, it was suggested earlier in this thread that this was a long exposure photograph. And that the details have been enhanced via digital manipulation. Perhaps there were multiple bursts of lightning in the cloud during the exposures, causing the seemingly abnormal lighting quality. And that could easily have been further exaggerated by altering brightness, contrast and saturation, giving it the unusual qualities that stand out to you so strongly.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Was hoping to be amazed by some spooky looking pics. Totally underwhelmed by pictures of a simple storm above the LHC, taken a slighting was striking.

Bo Xian, I am far more of a skeptic than you are, but appreciate your attitude concerning keeping one's mind open. With this post I must ask you though: what to you looks different about these pictures than any other storm picture that has been taken exactly as lighting flashes behind/within a cloud? Different besides having the LHC beneath the storm, that is.

I won't discount the possibility that somehow I'm totally not seeing some eerie feature in the photos, but the images look to be nothing more than well timed images ( chosen out of probably hundreds of stills within multiple "burst" captures...even more likely just long image exposures) of an average thunderstorm.

Cheers, and Ill continue to keep an eye out for the content you provide. Whether I agree with most of it or not, it's a nice change of scenery from all of the non-stop repetitive political backslapping that's taken over the place....

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Maybe my criteria is different than yours.

No doubt.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: pfishy

That's a perfectly reasonable explanation.

I have no idea whether it is the true one, or not.

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Argus100

THANKS FOR YOUR KIND WORDS. They help a lot toward dealing with those out for my throat and head on a platter.

It is hard to articulate the difference . . . let me try . . .

I think the concentration and shape of the lighting effects.

Plausibly, those could easily have occurred from the long exposure or the CGI alterations.

Or, maybe they were just there.

I don't know and I have no way of knowing.

I don't think anyone else does, either.

We are all guessing based on our biases.

Even the "super rationalist 'scientific' sorts" are basing a lot of their convictions on

FAITH

--faith based in their a-priori ASSUMPTIONS about reality etc.

They just have the intensely smug conviction that THEIR assumptions and THEIR FAITH are far more reasonable than folks like me who dare to think differently and hold lots of possibilities loosely to see what is confirmed down the road.

edit on 3/7/2016 by BO XIAN because: added

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 01:37 AM
link   

That sounds perfectly plausible, to me.

I have no viable way to prove it one way or another.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 01:40 AM
link   

I don't know for sure either way, myself. But I am honestly more inclined to think it a combination of technique and manipulation. If for.no.other reason that it already being common practice and remarkably easy to do.
However, had the lighting been bright red, or the cloud been an obviously unnatural shape, I believe we would certainly be having a different conversation at this point.
edit on 3-7-2016 by pfishy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Thanks for your kind reply.

IF Cern is a center of . . . other reality . . . sorts of goings on . . . I do not think they will be able to keep it as quiet and derided as they have . . . indefinitely.

Something will happen that they cannot contain or deal with, imho.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
So, thunderstorms are portals now?

Rather interesting looking thunderstorm..coincidentally above the LHC apparently.

In my 40 years on this earth that's the first time I'm seeing a thunderstorm like that..then again I've only seen thunderstorms in Mediterranean climate regions of the world.

I'm not saying I agree it's a portal to another world dimension or galaxy or whatever, but it is rather interesting.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if S.T.A.R Laboratory's were involved in the creation of that storm above the LHC, our Earth 1 speedster has been very busy of late.

Heard rumours that he went back in time to save his mother from death, hence the world catastrophes of late, he's changed the timeline and made it all apocalyptic and weird.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: mortex

Happens all the time in Iowa, Arizona, Colorado...........

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join