It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jaw-dropping photos taken above CERN’s Large Hadron Collider lead to wild new conspiracy theories

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Wrong.

The king of hell is their leader . . . as predicted 2,000 years ago about this era.

He will . . . as the AC/satan incarnate insist on being worshiped AS GOD.

Folks whine about Christianity being coercive . . . looming on the near horizon is a one world religion . . . which will demand a chip implant in every individual with a sworn allegiance to satan incarnate. And . . . will demand worship of satan--under pain of death.

The professional whiners around here will wish they had "merely" Christianity around to whine about again.

In terms of the LHC . . . that's why some of us are concerned and watching it. There have been some well researched disclosures that put the collider in the ball park of the occult in a LIST of ways. Why would such an artifact of the Religion of Scientism do that??? . . . unless there is something to the allegations.

I don't know if these atypical cloud and light formations over that area are evidence of physics doing strange things or of the related occultic powers manifesting in the region. Either is plausible. Time will tell.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ch1n1t0

Well, the buildings footprint is thirty five feet long, by 15 feet wide. But that does not work out to 525 square feet of living space! There are walls and stairs and mumbo jumbo besides to contend with!

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: JourneymanWelder

originally posted by: Phage
So, thunderstorms are portals now?

you dont find it convenient that this one was right over cern? live a little!

Nope, it would be more troublesome to me if one never formed near CERN.

The fact that one formed near it indicates the weather is acting normally.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

I agree.The top pic looks supernatural to me.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN
There have been some well researched disclosures that put the collider in the ball park of the occult in a LIST of ways.

No, there has just been the normal made up conspiracy theory crap, not based on anything factual.
edit on 2-7-2016 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical
a reply to: BO XIAN

It's purpose is to open a portal to the spiritual dimension. The Illuminati elites want to bring their king here.

LoL. Where'd you get that idea from? The unnamed, unknown illuminati whistleblower?

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Urg. -_-

My roommate also thinks CERN is doing something nefarious, and I've gone back and forth with her on numerous occasions, trying to get her to think logically on this.

The source of a lot of this weird speculation appears to be this article.

Now, I actually went to college and studied physics, and got a LITTLE BIT into quantum mechanics. Not a lot, but enough to learn a bit about how physics works. Let me try to explain this article in layman's terms, because a lot of people seem to be waxing paranoid about it. And then let's look at the weird-looking thunderstorm with that in mind.

Firstly, when this article talks about a "parallel dimension" it's a really bad description of what's actually happening, at a particle level. Quantum Mechanics is "weird" in that it doesn't really relate to our experience of things at a macroscopic level -- the level of the everyday, what we can see. In Quantum Mechanics, something can be a particle AND a wave. Something can exist as a probability field, rather than appearing at a specific location at a specific moment in time. And, something can be in two places at once.

Again, these concepts just don't jibe with our experience of the everyday, but scientific research has proven that, at the level of the very, very small, it really is that way.

Now, the idea of a "parallel dimension" is a very bad way of describing a quantum event (e.g., two particles smashing together and turning into other particles) that can have more than one possible outcome. The theory goes that ALL outcomes actually happen, but we, in the world of the everyday, only see ONE outcome. The others exist as "parallel dimensions" as it were.

Now, some have run with this concept and then expanded it out to mean that, for instance, in a parallel dimension Hitler won WWII. But that's not what this theory is saying.

Others have run with this concept and claimed that Satan exists in some parallel dimension, and CERN is letting him into this reality. Unless that's happening as some form of unintended side effect, physics just doesn't work that way.

I would highly recommend a book called "The Source Field Investigations" by David Wilcock. It does an excellent job at explaining spiritual and paranormal phenomena scientifically (and it doesn't just whitewash or pooh-pooh those phenomena, either).

Now, as far as the thunderstorm image goes, another poster asked some very valid questions. Here are a few more.

* Has anything like this been observed before over CERN?
* The particle accelerator uses extremely powerful magnets to bend rays of particles traveling at nearly the speed of light into a circular path to smash them into each other. Could those powerful, ring-shaped magnets be affecting what the clouds look like?
* If these magnets *are* having a side effect on the weather, does that necessarily have anything to do with opening a portal to hell?

Damon

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: damonjc
* Has anything like this been observed before over CERN?

What makes you claim it is over CERN?

Could those powerful, ring-shaped magnets be affecting what the clouds look like?

No

If these magnets *are* having a side effect on the weather, does that necessarily have anything to do with opening a portal to hell?

They are not, and no.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Another point about the particles being created in the LHC that needs to be considered is that while the particles are indeed reaching staggering energies and temperatures, they are only staggering on a very small scale. The overall collision energy of 13 TeV is really quite miniscule compared to things we experience every day. As was pointed out in another reply to your question, one proton-proton collision has about the same energy as a mosquito in flight. Even at the scale of a single particle, this is not the highest energy we have ever recorded. The particles in Cosmic Rays have been observed striking our atmosphere with far more energy than can be imparted to the protons in the LHC.
Another point to consider is that, actually, only 2 truly new particles have been created as far as we know. One, the Higgs Boson, had properties that were fairly close to theoretical predictions. The other, a tetraquark (so named because, while normal particles made of quarks, like neutrons and protons, contain 3 quarks, the tetraquark is made of 4) is unstable enough to decay before any reaction with other matter could occur. Except maybe gravity. And this particle had also been predicted to be possible, but not naturally occurring. And both of these particles are composed of smaller particles that we already know about.
As far as the temperature reached, it is undoubtedly extremely high, but again the overall energy is low. Satellites in polar orbits have encountered molecular gas which measured in the millions of degrees. But, even though these molecules came into direct contact with the satellite, they caused no damage. This is because the actual energy imparted by the superheated molecules to the skin of the craft was almost negligible to an object of that mass.
Here's an example that might help make sense of it. Imagine a grain of sand falling on your head. Say by the time it reaches you it is moving at 100 mph. It is relatively fast, but not too massive, so the overall energy imparted to your head is far from dangerous. Now imagine that, instead of sand, it is a bowling ball. The significant increase in mass means even at the same speed, the overall energy it will impart to you is far greater. I'm sure you can imagine the results, though it's probably best not to.

edit on 3-7-2016 by pfishy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

Ahhhh . . . your opinion yet again.

I think I know how much weight to ascribe to that.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce
They are not, and no.

Given that your

. . . uhhhh . . . presumed omniscience . . . on the topic

appears to come wholesale from your biases . . . I'll take your declarations accordingly.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: pfishy

You come across as above average knowledgeable on the topic.

I just have trouble believing that the TOP SCIENTISTS long practicing in the field

know near as much

as THEY THINK

they know.

It is my bias that the best of them are "seeing through the glass dimly."

I believe that we are LARGELY still a very ignorant pile of humans who happen to see themselves as supremely brilliant to an unfounded extreme.

BTW, SHORT PARAGRAPHS vs a wall of text . . . make your post exceedingly more readable.
edit on 3/7/2016 by BO XIAN because: added

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: damonjc

The book you mention sounds interesting.

Without seeing it, I'm skeptical that it is great leaps of knowledge beyond more conventional understandings.

Even you speak as though you are emphatically certain about a great many variables involved in all such constructs, realities etc.

I still think that the LHC folks are stumbling around in the dark pretending that they have a road map and that they are in the noon-day sun.

They may have a road map to some degree . . . but I think said map is full of big holes that they have, at best, poor guesses about.

Time will tell. I'm not expecting them to create a black hole that the earth disappears into. Not at all.

But I am expecting to mess with powerful and risky stuff that they have RELATIVELY little clear understanding about.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: buckwhizzle

That will be because of the exposure length.
Oh and op can you show us that it is over cern or not? Or are you just going to skirt around it and continue making grunting noises?.
edit on 3-7-2016 by TheKnightofDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

My observations seem to indicate that

you are sooooooooooooooooooo allergic to the least bit of risk of a false positive error that you must sleep with a high risk of a false negative 24/7/365.

And you seem to think THAT'S "scientific."

LOLOLOLOL

What nonsense.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   

I don't know if these atypical cloud and light formations over that area are evidence of physics doing strange things or of the related occultic powers manifesting in the region.

You see what happens when your reasoning begins with a fallacy? It's a thunderstorm. A big cloud with lightning. Impressive, yes. Atypical, not really.
CuNim

But what's a "light formation?"

edit on 7/3/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I think your assumptions and biases are showing again.

I've seen some similar 'pillar' kind of thunderstorm events in the southwest.

However, I've NEVER seen anything THAT close to what the pics show.

The light phenomena, structures, drapes, images are particularly strange to me. I've just never seen lightening occur close to what those pictures show. That's what first caught my attention.

Perhaps it is NOT atypical to your experience.

It IS atypical to mine. So, your accusation of my falsely claiming things were atypical is at best grossly distorted.

I've seen a wide variety of dramatic and even unusual thunderstorms in the southwest. It is one of the more beautiful and wonderful experience opportunities of living here. Nevertheless, I've just not seen anything very close to what the pics show, purportedly over the LHC.

And, I believe that the fallacies started with are wholesale on the other side of this discussion. Many world views automatically REQUIRE the naysayers to declare ahead of time that a list of possibilities just CANNOT BE POSSIBLE--simply because they personally cannot imagine them to be possible because of their world view.

That's extremely underwhelming, to me.

Actually, I have no respect for that level of ignorance and raging willfully blind bias whatsoever.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   

You can not ever see a storm like that because as I said it is a long exposure....
Also again show us how it is over cern.
Do you understand?.

edit on 3-7-2016 by TheKnightofDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

BTW, your pics at your link . . . NONE of them were THAT close to the pics purportedly over the LHC.

Maybe my criteria is different than yours.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

I don't know how much over Cern it is or isn't.

I understand about the long exposure. Did you find the exposure data or is it your assumption from looking at the pic?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join