It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jaw-dropping photos taken above CERN’s Large Hadron Collider lead to wild new conspiracy theories

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

If it is just a thunderstorm, it's one of the craziest pics of one I have ever seen. Pretty amazing.

I don't really believe in coincidences. I have to admit that it is weird to me, kind of creepy.

Those are great pics. Long exposure, i guess.

I've seen those kinds of thunderstorms in the great American southwest a lot. I love them.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ch1n1t0

facepalm and tiny brain strokes.

I'll say.

It seems a lot of ATS is having strokes, and panic attacks, and conniption fits if they see something outside of their narrow rigid and boring view.

I don't understand.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
So, thunderstorms are portals now?

But it sure looks like it is raining ectoplasm, this is very worrisome indeed.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

If having a narrow rigid and boring view means not letting my brains fall on the floor, then paint me boring, I don't see how I should mind that.

P.S. Check my posting history. Then come back and tell me I've got boring views, I'll kickflip ya to death, until Skate is spelled all over the place teehee
edit on 2-7-2016 by ch1n1t0 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-7-2016 by ch1n1t0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

lol, was not coming at you personally.

peace to you braddah....or sista.

eta: nope, your history does not look boring

edit on 2-7-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
Still that thunder storm looks very intense and is it actually directly above the LHC? If so that is a pretty crazy coincidence.

Is it that far fetched to say they may be related? I think not.

The skies look clear and calm in the surrounding area too.

Do you think the TS formed and also dissipated there over CERN, or do you think it developed and moved along like a normal TS does while the photographer just took their picture(s) once the TS was over CERN to have it move away a few minutes later. It also looks like a long exposure that accounts for the multiple lightening flashes in the same picture.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

I didn't take it in a bad way, neither did I mean to sound passive-aggressive, just sharing my point of view. Also, the Skate bit was tongue-in-cheek and in the most positive way possible
But that's how it is, when you take away body language and tone out of the conversation, and just leave the words.

Cheers, enjoy a good one, and don't be ALL believer on stuff, skepticism can be healthy.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I think that if it did form and dissipate right there in the same spot it would be especially odd.If that were the case I would be much more convinced the two are directly related.

However I'm sure it probably was just a standard storm that happened to pass over CERN.

I don't think it's a portal, never did.

I can admit that I think something is going on at the LHC, and that's why I find this coincidental photo so interesting.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Thankyou for the reply. I was hoping I was misconstruing. I find many of your threads informative and your spectrum of interests suggests an able mind. However you CAN understand how some might easily take those 'caveats' you place in some of your OP's as belligerency .

I find that I fall into the internet 'trap' of defensiveness what with all the ridged minded attacking we see around here and have wondered at just how much of the 'this side that side' we find around here might be due to just that,'defensiveness', so just in case you had not taken that into account in your writings, I wanted to let you know. I did my best to do that without rancor and am glad that you seem to have taken none.

Best.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Have you ever seen, first hand, the northern lights?

How about the way the air turns a light shade of green...and everything is washed in this light shade of green that you can see...before a tornado?

How about the aural hallucinations of being alone, outside, on a clear night....with a fresh blanket of snow.. under those northern lights? It sounds like a faerie bell....tinkling...somewhere...in the distance....

What you've pointed out to us is nature at it's most beautiful. It's most raw. And it's most violent. And nature happens everywhere. Even over CERN.

Now, a few questions...and admittedly, I didn't read the article...but, these are good questions to ask anyways.

How *directly* above CERN did this happen?
Was this sustained for any substantial period of time?
Did it happen consecutively over a period of time?

If the answer to the first question is yes, and by directly...I mean DIRECTLY above... And then question two is yes...and, for a substantial period of time....I'm talking.....did it simply HOVER there for a long period of time? Like, 45 minutes...hours? And question three, did it repeat? And if it did, did it coincide with multiple tests of the LHC?

I'm not saying everything is a lie. Not at all. But, these are rational, intelligent, and valid questions any person thinking with a clear head and common sense *should* ask.....

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
A week ago I stood outside and watched heat-lightening flash like that over and over for 30 minutes straight.

No clouds, a zillions stars..and circular lightening. I have never seen lightening go in a circle..perhaps it was 2 bolts joining at center and splits around each way. It was amazing. Especially as there were clear skies and stars all around.

It was in the southwestern sky of Michigan. As well, there was multiple bright flashes simultaneously.

Lastly? NO THUNDER. At all. Flashes, circles, multiples in a clear night sky...and no thunder. None. It was awesome.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

But it sure looks like it is raining ectoplasm, this is very worrisome indeed.
Indeed you have a sixth sense

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: 4003fireglo

I grew up in the South West.

I've seen SIMILAR storms but nothing quite like those pics in terms of the lightening and lighting effects.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

No ranchor.

I can get prickly over some hot button stuff, alright. I'm working on it.

And, I have a fierce hostility to brazen hypocrisy in terms of personhood assaults and extremely narrow, rigid stuff.

Thanks for your kind reply.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Evidently that knife slices at least both ways.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Yeah, a measure of skepticism is fitting and wise.

Making of skepticism an obsessed-about TRUE BELIEVER RELIGION

is something else.

. . . e.g. stupid.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Sorry , I have to put the deny on this one. That thunderstorm has a gazillion times more energy than that is produced by CERN .If portals were opened , they were opened by the power of the storm in the picture...

Now you're talking.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

Apparently they are to those ignorant of science!

How much of the particle science are you not "ignorant "of?

Really it never ceases to amaze me the number of experts that know what can be and what is just off the top of their so educated heads. Even the best scientists have awe at what they are doing today at CERN and admit to having difficulty understanding what they are learning!

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: khnum

Have you ever seen the movie A beautiful Mind?????? Humans will see what they expect and want for the most part Just 1 piece of salt for ya

The movie has nothing to do with seeing what you want or expect.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
ABSOLUTELY INDEED.

However, the unthinking, irratioinal, knee-jerk, ranting, Religion of Scientism professional skeptics and professional contrarians !!!!DEMAND!!!! their 'God-given-right' to throw dust in the air and scream and wail over the least excuse.

After all, THEIR unique world view and construction on reality HAS to be 100% correct . . . merely . . . uhhh . . . merely because it is . . . drum roll . . .

THEIRS.

Sigh.

I'm still amazed at how many folks go off on a ranting tangent in threads at the drop of a hat 100% from the title alone WITHOUT ever reading the OP. And they do it with such haughty, smug, omniscient self-righteousness.

They fail to realize they are merely parading and slapping others in the face with their raging demonstrations of a serious case of RAD.

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: hellobruce

Apparently they are to those ignorant of science!

How much of the particle science are you not "ignorant "of?

Really it never ceases to amaze me the number of experts that know what can be and what is just off the top of their so educated heads. Even the best scientists have awe at what they are doing today at CERN and admit to having difficulty understanding what they are learning!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join