It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto Trojan Horse Bill Threatens GMO Labeling For Good

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
WAKING TIMES

29 June 2016

by Phillip Schneider, Staff

www.wakingtimes.com...

Monsanto puppets in the US Senate are attempting to pass a bill that would not only allow GMO’s to remain unlabeled, but undermine honest labeling of genetically engineered products for good.
Although the bill is being touted as America’s “First Mandatory, Nationwide Label for GMO Foods” by lawmakers who are in the pocket of the biotech industry (the proprietor of the bill took $8,000 from Monsanto prior to getting elected), the bill would actually do the opposite, potentially, undermining the state’s democratic right to implement GMO labeling until it is repealed.
. . .
After failing miserably to pass another version of this bill, when a tidal wave of opposition from consumers brought it crashing down, they came up with yet another bill that would bring honest labeling to a halt. However, this time instead of the Orwellian title of the “SAFE Act (Safe and Accurate Food Labeling Act of 2015)”, dubbed the “DARK ACT (Deny Americans the Right to Know Act) by the clean food movement, they’ve simply named it The Roberts-Stabenow Bill as they attempt to inconspicuously slide it into the House and Senate only to eventually land it on Obama’s desk who’s past history shows that he is not above signing pro-GMO and pro-Monsanto bills.
. . .

I think there are other threads about this bill. However, I think this article puts it more soberly.
I think this is a huge issue that deserves serious attention and lobbying . . . from the grass roots . . . as long as there's any hope of it having any influence. If . . . that is still possible, at all. Sigh.
I think it is an inherent right to be able to expect honesty and integrity in food labeling. I realize we are well over the line into hideous stuff on such scores. Nevertheless, imho, it is worth standing up and being counted on.
I personally think it needs to be a States rights issue and flush the Feds and criminals in the Congress on it.
GRRR

new topics

join