It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian space agency unveils plan 2 permanently base dozen cosmonauts on moon

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

What is that verse from?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

I have periodically wondered why the u.s. has turned to Mars instead of the Moon actually. And in light of what you just said, I wonder why Russia has not progressed more with their plans for the moon.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Oh yes, well said. Why aren't we in charge? Yes , I would love to see us working together on such a thing.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: autopat51
you have to wonder....
what happened to those great boosters we used to have?
took us to the moon many times.
now we cant figure it out?

The hardware used by Apollo was not mass produced, and many of the facilities that built the parts and put them together no loner exist today.

We literally had to start from scratch. It's not so much the "know how" being gone, but the "It's In Stock" part that is missing.

It's also an opportunity to build things with better technology and materials. As AmericanRealist pointed out, W. Bush had ordered NASA to get back to the moon with the Aries system, which we would be well on our way by today, but Obama decided to nix that plan and go with one for getting to Mars.

Now, both can be exciting. Mars would be even better, however, getting here is going to be a LOT harder. It takes several months of travel, and if anything goes seriously wrong, the astronauts on their way to Mars will be pretty much screwed.

The moon would have been the quicker path, but it was done before, so not quite as exciting. My own personal opinion is that we should have stuck with going back to the moon. We've been out of the pool for a long time when it comes to deep space manned missions. Going back to the moon would have been like testing the waters with a life guard on duty.

Going to Mars after such a long time of no deep space manned missions is like trying to swim across the Atlantic ocean....and the last time we were in deep water was 1973.

link   

originally posted by: Ellie Sagan

What is that verse from?

Obadiah 1:4
But even if you soar as high as eagles and build your nest among the stars, I will bring you crashing down,” says the Lord.
NLT version (New Living Translation)

link   
a reply to: autopat51

The way you talk, and this whole topic, makes me a bit sad actually.
(I don't know how to do a cry face)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   

I have the suspicion, however,

that technology has advanced from the Apollo years.

We certainly have more billionaires, anyway. LOL.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Well that's a little messed up. He would give us the desire to aim high, only to crash us down?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   

I will believe it when it happens. Russia seems to make a ton of claims that turn out to be false or claim they will do something that never happens. Still waiting on the 'secert" 9/11 info, Putin.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful
If you go back and look: Russia has been saying that they will put someone on the moon since 2011 (at least).

No kidding, just Google it. The date seems to be 2029 or 2030 depending on which news article you take a look at.

They have been saying this every year. Last time was in the Fall of 2015....

Sorry for being skeptical, but all we are seeing mostly is all talk, no do. I'd love to see someone get back up there....but not seeing a whole lot going on for it.

5 years after JFK told NASA that we were going to the moon, we were doing the Gemini missions, and the USSR was doing their Voskhod missions.

So.....2011 to now? Anyone see anything going on?

Less talk, more do.

Your right they don't have the money required and I have doubts about them meeting technical requirements as well. If they did not sure I'd want to be those cosmonauts. As we know Russian tech is sort of hit and miss.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN

I have the suspicion, however,

that technology has advanced from the Apollo years.

We certainly have more billionaires, anyway. LOL.
why are we playing with rockets again?
we had the saturn V launch system.
space x is launching rockets? big deal...
why are we going backwards?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   

heh, yah....

There are some GREAT threads here on ATS about "Secret Space Navies" and "Hidden tech like Anti-Gravity Drives", which has made for some great discussions here on ATS and some very entertaining reading.

But it's a bit SciFi, and to me actually makes no sense to keep it hidden. Especially when it comes to my country, the US.

We're pretty arrogant. A lot of our above ground nuclear tests were not just to gather science and improve the weapons, but to also send a message to the Soviet Union.
They did the same thing. Like the Tsar bomb......it had one purpose: to show the world that the USSR could make one hell of a big nuclear bomb!

Having super space drive tech gives the country that has it superiority over any other country on the planet. The US would not hesitate to show that to everyone, because 'Merica.

And even if the reason it was "hidden" was because we got it from aliens, doesn't make sense. Most people, especially younger people, when asked, really wish there were intelligent aliens out there. Most people would note it, and then go on with their daily lives.

Of course some of us would party on after finding that out.....and still others would hide in their self made bunkers for a few weeks at least.....but over all, most humans would handle that news just fine.

But yah...if we had tech like that, we'd make sure others knew about it, that's pretty much how we've always done things (at least once we had working versions).

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Ellie Sagan

The issue with Daddy is . . .

do we revere Him as who He is, or not.

He's not interested in any more rebels in Heaven or elsewhere. It makes it harder to run a multiverse and is terrible on the rebels as well.

As long as we put Him first and submit to His priorities, He seems to be thrilled with our God-Given creativity and achievements.

He will enable us to be more fulfilled, joy filled and more expanded into all we were created to be and enjoy than we would imagine possible.

We just have to have our priorities in order.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: defiythelie

The oligarchy may have nixed his 911 disclosures.

I'm still hoping he outs the pants suit wholesale.

He has enough pluck to do the moon thing . . . if he thinks it is enough of a priority, imho.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: autopat51

Yeah, bring out the triangles already!

Which . . . supposedly we are already using to come and go from our moon bases.

What do I know.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   

I don't think your assumptions about such things are all that necessarily accurate.

1. IF, the oligarchy and the critters have a future event wherein the craft and surprise figure BIG for incredibly manipulative global reasons, that would be sufficient reason to keep it as quiet as possible.

2. IF the USA has a corner on that market (arguable both sides), the standing policy is to not use the exotic stuff until CONUS is attacked.

3. Humans may not have had a choice in what is disclosed and what isn't.

4. I have no doubt we have the craft. My close relative insisted on it. He was in a position to know. Now what craft of what dimensions and abilities, that's up for discussion with a list of answers on all sides.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Ellie Sagan

some, many actually, including Bo Xian will disagree with me. But I sincerely believe what is written in the bible pertaining to verses such as that are really translations from superior alien races that were warning us not to get too big for our britches. However translating from various languages over time and some exaggerated dramatization tends to slightly alter the wording. Some verses in Ezekiel practically are describing shuttle landings or some other craft. Kind of like the Mahabharata . Although my thoughts may also be blasphemous to some, Questioning Authority appears to be a central theme within Hinduism.

I mean no offense to anyone, just saying.
edit on 7/2/2016 by AmericanRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

thanks for that. I like learning about a lot of stuff pertaining to religion and/or spirituality.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Maybe you failed to look hard enough??? I know that I have read otherwise on multiple occasions but I do know there is a ten year rule that discredits themreply to: eriktheawful

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

I think you'd do well to study MUCH MORE EXTENSIVELY the origins of the Scriptures as we have them now.

Lee Strobel, Josh McDowell, C.S. Lewis and others have done a decent job of it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join