It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spot The Ghost Hand In This Old Photo

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: paperdoll

originally posted by: IAMTAT
One observation...
The girl with the hand on her shoulder...is the only one NOT looking directly at the camera.

The very top left lady's eyes are drifted away from the camera too, it looks like. It could be a fake. I mean, old and new photos can be manipulated. Or, maybe it's an object that we can't figure out. I don't know.

The cameras back then did take a long time for the image to be taken...and the girls had to not move for a while and could've been bored.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT
If it is a hand the forefinger is really long, the thumb short and there is no real hand at least part of it is gone.

weird to say the least

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Yeah...the extra hand does look deformed.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Maybe she's just a weird girl who liked to wear fingers on her shoulders? What's the big deal?

Though it could be a rare glimpse of the things that are usually invisible, I guess.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
Maybe she's just a weird girl who liked to wear fingers on her shoulders? What's the big deal?

Though it could be a rare glimpse of the things that are usually invisible, I guess.
Yea that was the going style back then. You could get the "Extra fingers" broach out of the good ole Sears catalog for 9¢ ya know?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
The "ghost" hand is on the girl in the first row on the left. See the hand which couldn't be an extension of her arm because of the angle.

Maybe a glove.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
The "ghost" hand is on the girl in the first row on the left. See the hand which couldn't be an extension of her arm because of the angle.

Maybe a glove.

I saw that ...although it looks elongated, it could also mean she moved slightly during the prolonged exposure.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Doesn't look blurry, her arm (angling towards the floor) and the man-hand climbing up her other arm (is it Thing?) both seem to be in focus with no movement during the exposure.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Look at how long the lower half (skirt) of the woman directly behind the woman with the hand on her shoulder is.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Look at how long the lower half (skirt) of the woman directly behind the woman with the hand on her shoulder is.

You're right, she's huge. Long tall Sally. And what about those three salt-shakers balanced in between the two on the bottom, what's that about. Not to mention that none of them can afford shoes.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister
The long exposure is a tough sell as I was trying to twist my arm in an approximation of the angle and my wristy almost went snappy in the process... and how she'd keep her arm still is a head scratcher... though that option is, of course, the likeliest explanation... if it was not doctored.

Though knowing weirdness has a rare "real" side, dunno.

And Hi AL! Long time no post.

edit on 7/1/2016 by Baddogma because: typo fixo

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   
It looks like a hand, but the 'fingers' line up with the wrinkles (for lack of a better term) of the woman's top. It makes me think that it could just be the woman's top shaped in a very odd way...

I don't know.
edit on 1-7-2016 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Just came by to check this, hi back. Yes, I tried the hand and wrist twist too, and if the angle is what it seems to be in the picture she couldn't have laid her hand on her other arm like that, unless she's a contortionist or her wrist was mutated. So with this one, the shoulder-spook, and the long tall Sally elongation there are enough "ghost" hands and limbs in this picture to reach to the moon and back (measured in ectoplasm units).

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   

I wonder if its possible that the girl behind her and to the left put her left hand on her shoulder for long enough to get a clear exposure of it. She could have sat there with her arms crossed like that for half the time and maybe the girl with the hand on her shoulder was upset about something and the girl above her was trying to comfort her and put her hand on her shoulder for the rest of the shot. The second row girl's facial expression backs this up and the angles would work for that scenario. Just a thought.

One other thing, obviously the pinky is the finger on top and we're seeing that side of the hand. Look how narrow that finger is. You can't see the thumb or index finger as far as I can tell.
edit on 7/1/2016 by wtbengineer because: to add

edit on 7/1/2016 by wtbengineer because: to fix

edit on 7/1/2016 by wtbengineer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: wtbengineer

Or it's a deformed ghost hand. The digit I identify as a pinky does seem too long for a pinky.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Ahh! THING has escaped from his box! Put him back!

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Does this help😊

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Creepy photo! Good find! That is a most unusual pic. Are these ladies factory workers I wonder? I see spindles at the bottom and they appear to be wearing some sort of chatelaine around their waist. Some kind of sewing tools perhaps? very interesting.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   

a reply to: ChesterJohn

Yeah...the extra hand does look deformed.

It looks like a mismatched collection of finger-like things and a thumb when you zoom in on it.
Very odd looking.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Expert find! I'm going with this one. A tool used in the mill. What it is or how it was used, don't know. Over 100 years ago, so much is lost. I'll bet a lot of people nowadays wouldn't recognize or know purpose of tools found in my Dad's workshop when I was a kid.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join