It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disbarment Charges are Filed Against Baltimore State Attorney Marilyn Mosby

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
The famous Baltimore States Attorney Marilyn Mosby has been accused of corrupt prosecution by a Georgetown law professor !!!

Stands to reason because she has been a failure in the Freddie Gray cases.

I bet Freddie is rolling over in his grave.

If anything comes from these accusations, the egg will be hard to scrape off the faces of all the politicians involved.

Disbarment Charges are Filed Against Baltimore State Attorney Marilyn Mosby

A Georgetown law professor has filed disbarment charges against Marilyn Mosby for her corrupt prosecution of six Baltimore cops in the death of career criminal, Freddie Gray. There have now been 3 trials and Mosby hasn’t come close to winning one yet and has even been excoriated for withholding exculpatory evidence. The list of charges against Mosby are as follows:

*that she did not have probably cause to believe that there was sufficient admissible evidence to support a conviction of the officers;
*that she made public statements regarding the case which were false;
*that she improperly withheld evidence from the defense that was exculpatory;
*that she continued to prosecute cases after the judge assigned to hear the cases found insufficient evidence to support a conviction;
*that she engaged in conduct that was dishonest, fraudulent, deceitful and which misrepresented the facts in the case.

From the beginning her persecution prosecution of the six officers was politically motivated from the very beginning and she showed support for Black Lives Matter and a couple of other radical Black organizations. Her announcement of the charges were nothing but pure political theater complete with Mosby saying she heard the cries of No Justice, No Peace. She made the claim during that press conference that the arrest was illegal because the knife was legal in Maryland, even though she knew it was illegal in Baltimore.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Whether or not someone agrees with this particular case, heres a DA which felt that the police were in the wrong and tried to do something about it.

All too often we hear about police abuses (or worse) and nothing is done.

She actually made an attempt and may lose her job for it...

Let this be a message to DAs nationwide.

If a cop is suspected of committing a crime, just let it go. It could mean your job.

There is a higher court than courts of justice and that is the court of conscience. It supersedes all other courts.

- Mahatma Gandhi

edit on 1-7-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

But from the case results, she has failed the people.

The Mayor, the President, and the U.S. Congressman in her district have now been made ashamed and disgraced.

Total political breakdown there.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Yeah that's not what happened.

She went on a witch hunt because she wanted to look good politically.

The hunt netted no prey. It was also a set up against the cops to begin with.

She lied, withholding evidence from the defense is illegal, and she made several political statements publicly in regard to these officers.

None of that sounds like someone following their conscience. It's sounds like someone following the political expediency and money route.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

that's not all.
i had written a great long Post for a thread that took me about thirty minutes to do last night.
on the last link i was adding i refreshed the wrong tab and lost it all. wasn't going to do it all over again.

so i'll post links here, some good info, and as many of us here have been saying she wasn't playing by the rules and more than likely was politicizing it to make a name for herself.

first the charges and testimony for the grand jury were made up.

This week the four remaining officers facing criminal trials as a result of Freddie Gray’s death–Officer Garrett Miller, Officer William Porter, Sgt. Alicia White, and Lt. Brian Rice–have each again filed nearly identical motions for dismissal of the indictments against them, reports the Baltimore Sun. Previous motions seeking to dismiss the indictments or charges have been rejected by Trial Judge Barry Williams, but these new motions have new, and previously unaddressed, grounds for dismissal. (The two remaining officers, Edward Nero and Caesar Goodson, have already been acquitted of all charges.) Specifically, the officers’ motions have added the newly disclosed truth that the “parallel investigation” purportedly conducted by the Baltimore Sheriffs Office and used as the basis for the criminal charges against the officers never actually took place.
Freddie Gray: Prosecutor Marilyn Mosby Faces Increasing Criticism

Today the Baltimore Sun reports that Cogen now claims in an affidavit that he had “no involvement in the investigation whatsoever.” Instead, he was simply presented with purported evidence by the prosecution and told what the prosecutors had already themselves determined to be the facts of the case. Cogen affidavit states: I was also presented with a narrative that formed the basis of the application for statement of charges that I completed by the State’s Attorney’s Office. The facts, information and legal conclusions contained within … as well as the charges lodged against plaintiff came entirely from members of the State’s Attorney’s Office.
Freddie Gray: Sheriff Who Swore Charges Against Officers Says He Never Investigated

also this from the first link,

In addition, they have added the also recent disclosure that the lead investigator of the case for the Baltimore Police Department was not allowed to testify freely before the grand jury, but rather was confined to reciting a narrative prepared for her by prosecutors. Nor was she permitted to answer the grand jury’s numerous questions, which instead fielded by prosecutors

this is the Sun article,

"As I read over the narrative it had several things that I found to be inconsistent with our investigation," Taylor wrote, adding: "I thought the statements in the narrative were misquoted." But, she wrote, she was "conflicted" about challenging the state's attorney on the narrative in the courtroom. "With great conflict I was sworn in and read the narrative provided," she said in her notes. Freddie Gray case: Baltimore police investigators, prosecutors clash in court Freddie Gray case: Baltimore police investigators, prosecutors clash in court When the jurors asked questions, including whether Gray's arrest was legal, Taylor wrote that prosecutors intervened before she could give an answer that would conflict with their assessment.
Police detective says misleading narrative presented to grand jury in Freddie Gray case, records show

i've got a few more links from the sun and Reuters, i'll look and pull them back up and edit this post or a new post.

just a little tease.
in them they talk about the the Judge slamming the prosecution not once but twice for not disclose evidence to the defense.
they talk about Donte Allen changing his testimonty.

and i the really big one that the Medical Examiner said twice in front of police brass that she thought that it was accident, then change her opinion.

just wanted to get this in.

ETA:
ok here are some more. i can't find all that i had but these should get my point across.

Assistant medical examiner Dr. Carol Allan ultimately ruled the death a homicide. She has stood by that ruling during Goodson's trial, testifying that she never felt Gray's death was an accident.
"The word 'accident' never crossed my lips to anyone, other than to say, 'This is not an accident,'" she said on the stand last week.But the new evidence shows that, at a meeting last year, a police investigator noted that Allan suggested at one point that Gray's death was an accident.
Freddie Gray case: Prosecutors turn over additional evidence during trial of Officer Caesar Goodson

A Maryland medical examiner twice told investigators that the death of black detainee Freddie Gray from a broken neck in a police van was an accident, a Baltimore detective testified on Thursday. Taking the stand for the defense in the van driver's murder trial, Police Detective Dawnyell Taylor said Dr. Carol Allan had contradicted her official report that Gray's death in April 2015 was a homicide. "She said that it was a freakish accident, and that no human hands had caused his injury," she said as the defense for Officer Caesar Goodson Jr. began presenting its case in Baltimore City Circuit Court.
Coroner said death of Baltimore detainee Freddie Gray an accident -witness

Today, however, prosecutors introduced new evidence, for the first time, indicating that during a meeting with police investigators last year Allan had suggested that Gray’s death was an accident. Trial Judge Barry Williams ruled that he would allow this new evidence to be admitted despite the fact that it was facially inadmissible. He made this remarkable decision in an effort to “fashion a remedy” for the fact that prosecutors have on numerous occasions concealed exculpatory evidence from the various “Freddie Gray” trial defense teams, despite a legal duty to disclose such exculpatory evidence in discovery.
Freddie Gray: Trial Implosion! Medical Examiner first believed injury was accident

this gives tweets from a reporter that was in the court room, and some qoutes the Suns reports from BPD Detective Dawnyell Taylor.

Prosecutor Schatzow’s efforts to impeach Taylor’s testimony appears to have boomeranged hard: Schatzow asked Taylor who else from the police department was with her when Allan allegedly said Gray’s death was a “freakish accident.” She identified a long list of top commanders, including current Commissioner Kevin Davis.
Freddie Gray: Prosecution’s Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Trial

edit on 1-7-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

The Mayor, the President, and the U.S. Congressman in her district have now been made ashamed and disgraced.

Mosby is the "sacrifice" for Mayor Rawlings-Blake. Ol Mayor put herself in a position of political gain and if it failed , Mosby would take the fall . Win-No lose situation .

edit on 7/1/16 by Gothmog because: correct

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
This sounds just as political as the initial prosecutions ...but I guess two wrongs make a right...?

new topics

top topics

join