It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Philippines president urges people to kill drug addicts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Authoritarian firebrand Rodrigo Duterte was sworn in as the Philippines’ president on Thursday, extending an olive branch to the country’s elites in his official speech, only to later vow to wipe out drug traffickers and urge the population to kill addicts.
WOW, great comments from a devout catholic country's new leader i must say, the arse*ole, wonder what the Pope thinks about this guy's christian love of drug addicts.

“These sons of whores are destroying our children. I warn you, don’t go into that, even if you’re a policeman, because I will really kill you,” the head of state told the audience. “If you know of any addicts, go ahead and kill them yourself as getting their parents to do it would be too painful.”
I will watch his progress with interest......www.theguardian.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: tommo39

Yeah, that dude is certainly king of the newest crop of authoritarian a-holes getting elected to public office these days.

Admitting to murder and an urge to rape and STILL getting elected is a feat in itself...

but as far as the "drug addicts," speaking from some experience, most are aggressively blocking out the world around them, mostly due to a-holes precisely like Duterte ... so it's a funny tidbit, in that sad, oh-so-human way.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Wow there is certainly some real ignorant assholes in this world.

These are the enemy of humanity for sure.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Oh goody El Presidante for life ..his excellency the right honorable Marcus 2.0 is.. Baaack!!!..
kill the poor and the powerless, suck-up to the rich while attending mass...feels soo 80ts .

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Surely somehow we can find a way to blame America for this.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   

It appears that his threats are working.
ABS:CBN News Philippines
LOOK: Hundreds of drug suspects surrender in Rizal

Around 768 drug suspects have voluntarily surrendered to the police in the province of Rizal, Provincial Director PSSupt. Adriano Taboclaon Enong Jr. said Friday.
The drug suspects took an oath wherein they promised to never go back to either selling or using illegal drugs. Out of the 768 who surrendered, 152 are from Antipolo.
According to police Inspector Lisa Reyes, the drug suspects will be processed and evaluated by their respective barangays, in coordination with the police in the area, to determine what work will be given to them or if they should enter a rehabilitation center.

I live in the Philippines and I have asked many Filipinos who they voted for and the greater majority (17/20) answered Deterte. I have also asked do they agree with his "kill" policy for drug kingpins and pushers, of his supporters it was exclusively yes. I have not heard of heard of this to be applied to users, but the OP article seems to report he has.

Also Deterte also vows to execute the members of police and local governments discovered to be involved with corruption. The police and government corruption is widespread and evident here.

I live in a fairly safe and crime free region, yet I know an American expat who was murdered by his wife's boyfriend. He was bludgeoned with a pipe in his sleep. The wife's conspiracy was discovered by the local police investigating the crime, and was offered "immunity" for cash and property, ie: blackmail.(several million Pesos over half a million USD) Initially it was reported in the news that no suspects were known related to the killing. When the husband's cash, assets and home were depleted from paying off the police she got upset and confessed to her crime and reported the police corruption. The result? NOTHING was ever done about it.

ALL of us expats in the community are a close knit group and we are extremely concerned about this not being pursued and the proper people involved not being arrested and punished. The poor guy was a really nice guy, very generous.

I have also heard through the grapevine that before Deterte's inauguration there has been a mass exodus of police quitting their jobs, or just plain never report back to work and moved away.

So maybe the new president has things in the proper perspective.
edit on 7/1/2016 by jappee because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/1/2016 by jappee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

blame America for this
Well, if you want to mate. Now lets see, stop USA boats from docking and unloading drugs.....stop USA philippines people sending money home.....close USA base.....stop USA aid to the country....Enough???.....

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: jappee

Yes mate, corruption and blackmail is renowned in the Philippines as it is in Indonesia where i live. Over here it's called: KKN, Corruption, Cronyism and Nepotisim.......

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   
These almost theatrically extremist and nasty right wing leaders are a sign of modern times and part of a reactive revolution against the suffocating pro-PC, pro-Big Business, questionably democratic, left wing, Western forces of globalisation.

Islamist terrorism and an alarmingly aggressive Russia are other aspects of this reactive movement.

Both pro and anti globalisation movements are evils to be opposed and condemned by peace-loving freethinkers.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Surely somehow we can find a way to blame America for this.

Obama's fault?

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
My wife is Filipino, she voted Duterte. Corruption is so bad that if you are living oversees and come back they will put bullets in your luggage and extort money from you.

The government does nothing. Duterte took a crime infested city and as mayor turned it into the safest city in the PI (IIRC). Although he has only gone after dealers not users as far as I know.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
My wife is Filipino, she voted Duterte. Corruption is so bad that if you are living oversees and come back they will put bullets in your luggage and extort money from you.

The government does nothing. Duterte took a crime infested city and as mayor turned it into the safest city in the PI (IIRC). Although he has only gone after dealers not users as far as I know.

Extrajudicial killings though is a bad trend to start.....

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Extrajudicial killings though is a bad trend to start.....

Absolutely. Slippery slope. I will judge him on how he wields the power, because that is why that kind of power should not exist, too many will abuse it.

Just imagine the level of corruption that exists to get so many Filipinos thinking it takes a Duterte to clean it up though.
edit on 2-7-2016 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Did he not know that his own child is a drug addict too? Of course not... he is always the last to be informed.. because people fear him.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: zatara

Did he not know that his own child is a drug addict too? Of course not... he is always the last to be informed.. because people fear him.

Source?

Davao City Vice Mayor Rodrigo Duterte said anybody is free to kill Paolo Duterte, if his son is involved in crime

www.philstar.com...

THE Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) in Davao said Wednesday that it has no information on allegations that Davao City Vice Mayor Paolo Duterte is involved in illegal drugs.

www.sunstar.com.ph...

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Just speculating... no source needed..

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: zatara

When you state it as fact you do. If you want to think his son is an addict you can, but you should not claim it as true.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
The main issue is that the govt is not able to tax these drugs.
The 2nd issue is that addicts are unable to work -> no tax to govt.
The 3rd issue is wasted govt medical subsidy (if any) to treat these addicts' illnesses/accidents.

new topics

top topics

join