It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The sin against the Holy Ghost?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33

originally posted by: Wombocracy

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: IllegalName
a reply to: MrBlaq

ללכת עם הרוח לא נגדה

But the road that leads to life is narrow...

And few will find it.

Strange that the majority religion considers itself the narrow path that few find.

Illogical, actually. I would have to say Christianity as it is today is the widest of all paths. Factually speaking.

Was Jesus talking about every religion on earth when he made that statement, or just to Jews and 1st century Christians ? The following verses in Matthew 7 answer that question. What it means is that there would be a unique groups of Christians on the earth that would be special in that they would always be closer to the real truth than their Christian contemporaries. If you study religious history you might discoverer who they were.
One example is the Waldensians. But they are not alone, somebody like William Tyndale was doing what Jesus commanded of Christians and he was killed by the church for it.
Who was on the narrow path, Tyndale or the churches clergy ?

Precisely, the context of the "narrow way" passage means that it was spoken specifically to Jewish Christian believers and ABOUT Christian believers.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

a reply to: pthena

Speaking of words that should be looked up (genius being from genii djinn is what I imagine you mean):

EL ect (El=God)

EL ite

Son/sun, coincidence? Not likely.

There is more. I have come to realize that the english language was designed with some occult (hidden) features. Look at the days of the week, the names we gave planets, etc.

El-ephant
El-ectricity
El-ven
El-aborate
El-astomer
El-iminate
El-lucidate
El-lectorate
El-lusive
El-swhere
El-emental
El-der
El-ope
El-evator
El-iptic
El-bow
El-m
El-k

Your point was?

My point was made in that comment. You must have missed it. I am not surprised, you don't have much of an eye.

Yes, many words begin with e and l, very good. I don't think I could have lived without knowing that.

Do you think that is some sort of valid rebuttal to the fact that EL in ELite, and many other words, was purposely used for the fact that it means God in Hebrew? Many of the words you used in fact.

Because it is not. It is just a fact. Only the unaware challenge facts.

Of course if you are agreeing you could have said that so I don't have to guess.

Knowing how you are about anything that is not a well known fact (to you that means untrue), I do doubt that you are.

The point is that you made a connection across cultures and languages which are vastly separated. Your comment is exactly as valid or invalid as Dan Brown's "San Grael/Sang Real" connection (actually an idea borrowed from earlier books such as "Holy Blood, Holy Grail").

It is like finding significance that 'God' in English is the same as 'dog' spelled backwards.

There could be a link between the words, I can't deny that possibility. Is it significant?

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Yes, some who claim Jesus are tares among the wheat, wolves in sheep's clothing. But are they actually Christians? Be careful you don't make John chapter 3 irrelevant by your doctrine.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

That reminded me of another Pharisee that might have not been condemned with the rest, Nicodemus.
He showed a more tolerant attitude and even assisted with a proper burial for Jesus.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Speaking of words that should be looked up (genius being from genii djinn is what I imagine you mean):

EL ect (El=God)

EL ite

There is more. I have come to realize that the english language was designed with some occult (hidden) features. Look at the days of the week, the names we gave planets, etc.

El-ephant
El-ectricity
El-ven
El-aborate
El-astomer
El-iminate
El-lucidate
El-lectorate
El-lusive
El-swhere
El-emental
El-der
El-ope
El-evator
El-iptic
El-bow
El-m
El-k

Your point was?

My point was made in that comment. You must have missed it. I am not surprised, you don't have much of an eye.

Yes, many words begin with e and l, very good. I don't think I could have lived without knowing that.

Do you think that is some sort of valid rebuttal to the fact that EL in ELite, and many other words, was purposely used for the fact that it means God in Hebrew? Many of the words you used in fact.

Of course if you are agreeing you could have said that so I don't have to guess.

Knowing how you are about anything that is not a well known fact (to you that means untrue), I do doubt that you are.

The point is that you made a connection across cultures and languages which are vastly separated. Your comment is exactly as valid or invalid as Dan Brown's "San Grael/Sang Real" connection (actually an idea borrowed from earlier books such as "Holy Blood, Holy Grail").

It is like finding significance that 'God' in English is the same as 'dog' spelled backwards.

There could be a link between the words, I can't deny that possibility. Is it significant?

You have just provided me with greatest moment of laughter today. I am not saying anything that resembles Dan Brown and I don't even like his books.

You are just a nasty vindictive unaware person. I can't help you and I am not interested in your opinion so don't be expecting that anything you type is going to ever be read by me anymore. I would embarass you if I did. And you are the opposite of correct 99.9999999% of the time you speak. And you know it, which is why you are always searching for people to argue with, so you can try and alleviate the pain.

Give up, you don't know #.
edit on 4-7-2016 by Wombocracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 02:29 AM
link   

EL ect (El=God)

EL ite

El-ephant
El-ectricity
El-ven
El-aborate
El-astomer
El-iminate
El-lucidate
El-lectorate
El-lusive
El-swhere
El-emental
El-der
El-ope
El-evator
El-iptic
El-bow
El-m
El-k

Your point was?

You have just provided me with greatest moment of laughter today. I am not saying anything that resembles Dan Brown and I don't even like his books.

You are just a nasty vindictive unaware person. I can't help you and I am not interested in your opinion so don't be expecting that anything you type is going to ever be read by me anymore. I would embarass you if I do. And you are the opposite of correct 99.9999999% of the time you speak.

What I said wasn't vindictive in any way, nor was it untrue. Your response, however, was an ad hominem one.

You said that the words 'elect' and 'elite' in English were based upon the Hebrew 'El' (meaning 'god') epithet. My response reflects that such, while remotely possible, was unlikely.

The actual etymology of both words is the Latin word 'eligere' (which means 'to select' or 'choose') and which itself draws its roots from Proto-Italic '*legō', from Proto-Indo-European '*leǵ-'. Cognates include Ancient Greek 'λέγω' ‎('légō', “I speak, I choose, I mean”) and Albanian 'mbledh'.

The oldest roots do not include 'el' (except where the letter sequence is inverse). The underlying phonemes for 'el' and 'le' are different.

edit on 4/7/2016 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 03:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33

That reminded me of another Pharisee that might have not been condemned with the rest, Nicodemus.
He showed a more tolerant attitude and even assisted with a proper burial for Jesus.

Yes, and I also wouldn't be suprised if I see Gameliel in heaven either, Paul was his disciple and he seemed to try and get the others to back off Peter in the book of Acts. He would have been present at Jesus'said trial at the Sanhedrin, as he was the leader of it in 32-33 AD.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   

If Paul was not lying and really was a disciple of Gamaliel then he would NEVER have been working for the Sadducees and Romans persecuting Christians.

That scenario is unlikely because it's known that Gamaliel had ordered the Nazarenes go unharmed long before Saul stopped murdering and imprisoning them.

Gamaliel was not affiliated with Saul who called himself Paul. Paul was not a real Pharisee, just a wannabe.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Wombocracy

Well, the Romans didn't really care about persecuting Christains until Nero, the early persecutions of the Christians was by the Jews. Rome didn't give a damn until Nero blamed the fire he himself ordered to be set on Circus Maximus to be blamed on the Christians.

Paul said he was a disciple of Gameliel, and during Jesus' trial at the Sanhedrien Gameliel would have been present because he was the leader of the Sanheidrin in 32-33 AD according to Josephus. That's a reason why I contend Paul was in the gallery of witnesses at the Sanhedrin that night, as a disciple he would have followed Gameliel everywhere with the other disciples.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I have no way of knowing for a fact, but it's my conjecture that Gameliel and Nicodemeus might have been believers in Yeshua before they died. I can't prove it with the text, or with early church writings, but it seems likely based on what they said about Jesus recorded in the NT. Gameliel seemed to understand if the Christian phenomena was of God it couldn't be stopped, if it was of man it would die out like the other movements of Jewish people claiming to be the Messiah.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 04:46 AM
link   

I contend Paul was in the gallery of witnesses at the Sanhedrin that night, as a disciple he would have followed Gameliel everywhere with the other disciples.

Boo... nonsense!

Paul would have loved to have been at said conference... and would have bragged about it!

edit on 4-7-2016 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

There isn't proof of my conjecture, but based on the relationships between a rabbi teacher and their disciples I assume he was in the gallery, they followed their rabbi everywhere, they slept where they slept, ate where they ate, the followed them everywhere. It was a 24/7 on the job training apprenticeship. No different than Jesus and His 12 disciples.

That's why I assume Paul was present in the gallery of witnesses. And Josephus says Gameliel was in charge of the Sanhedrin in 32-33 AD. One of Jesus's 3 "trials" was at the Sanhedrin.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

You are going to be very disappointed to find out that I do not (if you thought I did), take anything you say seriously and if you were actually as smart as you think you are I would swear that you were in training for a career in misinformation, apologetics and propaganda.

But the truth is less interesting than that you are just someone who takes cues from "authority" and the "official" account of events from whoever "decided" this would be the "truth."

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

This entire post and everything related to 'Jesus' is ridiculous to read.

"Jesus Christ" means "Atomic Physics".

The new testament is a book known as "The Parenthesis of Physics".

Every time they mention "Jesus" it is a reference to Physics. A great deal of the time, when they use the word "Christ" they are actually referring to "Chemistry". Atomic composition.

The "Higgs Boson" you are all looking for is something called "The oculus". It is the compensatory partner to what we call "The Nucleus".

Nucleus / Oculus.

In the Bible the "Oculus" is referred to as "The anti-christ". Or the compensatory partner of nuclear/atomic.

Revelation talks about light and how it works.

The time for this stupidity is over children.

Stop spewing this corrupted, disease ridden rubbish.

Either stop what you are doing and hand back everything in this world to those it belongs to (ie: me), or the Church is going to be destroyed. Horribly! Along with everyone who supports it.

We have very little time or patience left for this type of stupidity, and attempts to infect minds of the rational and logic. Or further the affects of such infections.

Enki Ea

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: EnkiEa

This entire post and everything related to 'Jesus' is ridiculous to read.

"Jesus Christ" means "Atomic Physics".

The new testament is a book known as "The Parenthesis of Physics".

Every time they mention "Jesus" it is a reference to Physics. A great deal of the time, when they use the word "Christ" they are actually referring to "Chemistry". Atomic composition.

The "Higgs Boson" you are all looking for is something called "The oculus". It is the compensatory partner to what we call "The Nucleus".

Nucleus / Oculus.

In the Bible the "Oculus" is referred to as "The anti-christ". Or the compensatory partner of nuclear/atomic.

Revelation talks about light and how it works.

The time for this stupidity is over children.

Stop spewing this corrupted, disease ridden rubbish.

Either stop what you are doing and hand back everything in this world to those it belongs to (ie: me), or the Church is going to be destroyed. Horribly! Along with everyone who supports it.

We have very little time or patience left for this type of stupidity, and attempts to infect minds of the rational and logic. Or further the affects of such infections.

Enki Ea

I am no fan of the perspective of the OP ever.

I don't think he understands the Bible for what it's meant to be.

But you are worse. I know you are hardly being serious but your error is thinking people who are interested in the Bible are wasting their time.

Personally I find the Bible to be capable of increasing intelligence if studied properly while reading it in its entirety.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: EnkiEa
Nobody is forcing you to read it.
You're new, aren't you?
With more experience, you will learn that I don't get deflected from these things by tirades.

P.S. This is not the place to talk about Revelation, but I can recommend this erudite survey;
Revelation; Project complete

edit on 4-7-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Wombocracy

In my understanding that few are called and chosen of God to salvation.

I would agree with your sentiment if more Christians followed
the Christian faith as do the Amish or the Mennonites.

Unfortunately the majority of those that claim Christianity as their faith
live like everyone else and practice nothing that exemplifies Christ, or
even that they believe in Him.

I was reading one day about David in how he would not look upon evil.
Excluding his temptation and horrible sin with Bathsheeba, he would
put the average modern day Christian to shame, who can't even
turn their television off, which disseminates every form of evil
under the sun for Christians to feast their eyes and hearts upon.

Ps 101:3 I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work
of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me.

At least the Amish & Mennonites still separate themselves from the world.
The rest of the so-called Christians are just like the rest of us.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
Thats a little harsh...This guy is pretty smart...

What has that got to do with it?
Being smart has no value when it is directed towards bad ends.
You can't redeem deliberate deception by saying "he does it cleverly".

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Good point but im not trying to redeem anyone...

Hes amusing, and he has some good arguements... muddled in hostility but none the less

Regardless he will keep getting banned... pretty sure its well known that said person has worn out his welcome

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: MrBlaq

In my understanding that few are called and chosen of God to salvation.

No, many are called and few are chosen or in other words, few accept the call. The call is open to everyone, "whosoever will". See what Jesus said in John chapter 3.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join