It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands of emmotional millennials to march tomorrow

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Can you provide your sources for this? I'm willing to receive arguments but I need to fact check what I'm arguing against.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

what we should do now? Should we in fact have a revolution in politics given that we have made a monumental change in our society? Should left and right unite in the aim of trying to make the best of a shi*ty situation?

Tough question.

As much as i would love to have the etonians of Westminster chucked into the Themes I think what is needed is stability.

I think the Tories need to have a strong leader.

I personally though am more concerned about Scotland, I believe we should negotiate for independence from the UK with full EU membership. Which would be a pretty radical change.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: zinc12
a reply to: samerulesapply

Nothing is too serious though to pass up the chance of romance...because that's what you do when you are really passionate about what you are marching for

His navy pea coat and green fatigue hat are priceless.

It made me laugh

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Are you suggesting they will not go with the undebatable will of the people expressed by the Brexit vote?

It's possible.

That is political suicide, and politicians avoid that like the plague.

Really? What has stopped politicians from doing as they wish, regardless of the will of the people? It's par for the course.

No, they usually define the will of the people as they see fit, in Brexit that is off the table.

link   

originally posted by: nullafides
a reply to: TheFlyOnTheWall

You watched a single movie, and now you are fully qualified to state your opinion as valid?

Wow. Cool.

What's your qualifications?

link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

Are you suggesting they will not go with the undebatable will of the people expressed by the Brexit vote?

It's possible.

Really? What has stopped politicians from doing as they wish, regardless of the will of the people? It's par for the course.

No, they usually define the will of the people as they see fit, in Brexit that is off the table.

The Brexit vote was nonbinding.

They can do what they want.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

It's possible.

Then why have one why don't you ask yourself.
They allowed the people to define their will in this case, so they, the politicians, are not accountable. If they now go against the vote, it would be folly. Exit will happen, no doubt about it.

The politicians were willing to stay or leave but if they stayed or left on their own devises, either move would have been bad for them. Now they can move on the issue without repercussion, they don't care about anything except self preservation at the end of the day.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Sadly for your desires of a Scotland, free from the UK, in Europe I am afraid to say that it is a non starter in my opinion.

I do believe Scotland has the right to a new referendum on independence, given that the guarantees of staying in the EU have not been met, and I believe they were a major driving force behind the stay in the UK vote last time.

I just hope Scotland does not compound the mistake made by the UK (or at least what I believe to be a mistake) and I will tell you why.

If Scotland voted to leave the UK, and that referendum was voted into law, Scotland would be a free nation, free to negotiate its membership with the EU.

The EU in the meantime would have to be considering an independence vote in Spain with Catalonia. This is not as simple as it sounds.

Catalonia is a region of 5 million people, and Spain is a nation of 40+ million.

Scotland is also a nation of about 5 million people.

What would it benefit the EU not only to go against the wishes of Spain, a country that is desperately trying to block independence by the Catalans, to also open another front with Scotland by openly accepting a country that had recently declared independence in a unilateral vote?

I can't see it to be honest. Not with the uncertainty involved.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

I think that the discussion of Scotland is kind of drifting of topic.

However you do make several very good points but I think all they do is highlight just how much work is to be done in Scottish politics. The problems that you point out i think could be overcome but it will not be easy.

As i said though its off topic.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Would you agree to a vote that would eventually hurt you financially, a vote that would affect your life in a negative way? Because that's probably what's going to happen in the UK: their economy, and thus the workers (including these millennials), will suffer.

Do i disagree with the vote? No because the people decided by popular vote, but I can see why these protestors feel the way they do. It's called empathy, you should try it.

Sounds like just another group of greedy bastards just thinking of themselves who are protesting, no different than politicians.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

It's possible.

While it may be true legally, in this country, where the word of a man actually matters, the vote will stay and the promise will be met.

Anything other than that will be rejected by all true and honest people.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

You have a very narrow mind you know.

Stop protesting against Obama. He was democratically voted in you fascist greedy bastard. (Sarcasm obviously)
edit on 7/1/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Agreed, I only mentioned it as you mentioned your proclivity in the issue for Scotland.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Stop protesting against Obama. He was democratically voted in you fascist greedy bastard.

Wait! Aren't you the one championing the rights of these youngsters to protest and measure that was democratically voted in?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

It's possible.

They why even bother voting if they're going to ignore the will of the people?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Absolutely, you must have missed the sarcasm in my comment.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Thus comes the issue that has been plaguing America since at least Kennedy. I think we should be asking ourselves the same question this election cycle.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Stop protesting against Obama. He was democratically voted in you fascist greedy bastard.

Obama is a person, Brexit is a geopolitical move. A geopolitical move cannot commit high treason, decimate your military, encourage racial violence, hire incompetent people, and seek to disarm a nation while refusing to enforce its laws.

Besides them Islamic radicals being boatloaded in by Obama and the EU, there isn't much in common with the Brexit move and the rise of Trump, but that part that they have in common motivates people extremely well. Brexit gives a glimmer of hope to the world as Obama sails into the sunset.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

But it does hurt these millennials and the UK economy financially, isn't that one if the gripes against Obama? That we are financially worse off than we were before he came into office?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

But it does hurt these millennials and the UK economy financially, isn't that one if the gripes against Obama? That we are financially worse off than we were before he came into office?

It didn't happen yet, therefore nobody has been hurt financially.
Scare tactics and fear mongering didn't work before the vote, it is useless to continue them now.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join