It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands of emmotional millennials to march tomorrow

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: TheBulk

Question then just to clear this up because I am actually thinking now you just dont understand this.

Do you think that if in the UK's negotiations to leave the EU the government decide that the UK should remain as part of the European Economic Area given that just now that seems to be one of the more likely scenarios there should be a second referendum on the terms of UK exist of Europe?

The vote was to leave the EU, correct? It sounds to me like you and the others are looking for ways of hedging or diluting that split. You're looking for ways to undermine the democratic vote to LEAVE the EU. Again, you're rationalizing like a boss. You guys are like rationalizing ninjas.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
a reply to: awareness10

OMG was I so wrong? Now my paranoia kicks in and...

or
...or maybe

EDIT: ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH I just realised!!! Oh dear, my facial recognition system is off line.

LOL .. too funny

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Why do you think that some politicians are running with their tails between their legs?

I think both sides are running scared.

Vote remain has lost and now believes that as a result of this the country is looking at extremely tough economic times we lost our AAA rating, the pound dropped to it lowest levels and just to day the Chancellor has said the country cannot afford his goals for 2020. So Vote remain have their tails between their legs because they know that they should have done more to beat of the likes of Boris and Farage and now because of that they have damaged the country.

Vote Leave are running because now they have basically realised they have taken a huge dump on the country and now have to clean it up but dont have a clue how do to it.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

They were both forms of protest against laws that were voted on and put into place. How aren't they comparable in any way again?

Protest is an essential liberty within a democracy, if you disagree with them protesting then I'd have to say you are against a part of our own Constitution.

In this country our Congress votes for things the people never wanted, then the bums get voted out of office, Obamacare as example. The Brexit was voted on by the actual people of Britain, nothing can be done, just hate your neighbor if you don't like it then crawl in a hole to get by as best you can, lol.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I don't see anyone mocking MLK though. The UK leaving the EU will probably hurt the UK financially, including these millennials who are just joining or about to join the work force, so I can see why they may have a problem with the decision, they will be affected financially and their lives may suffer from such a decision.

Why can't you look at their reasoning instead of automatically calling them whiners and fascists? Your opinion that they are whiners and fascists is a purely emotional response with no thought to their reasoning behind such a protest.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

Question then just to clear this up because I am actually thinking now you just dont understand this.

Do you think that if in the UK's negotiations to leave the EU the government decide that the UK should remain as part of the European Economic Area given that just now that seems to be one of the more likely scenarios there should be a second referendum on the terms of UK exist of Europe?

The vote was to leave the EU, correct? It sounds to me like you and the others are looking for ways of hedging or diluting that split. You're looking for ways to undermine the democratic vote to LEAVE the EU. Again, you're rationalizing like a boss. You guys are like rationalizing ninjas.

We have to leave the EU, no doubt about it and any debate now is in how we achieve that.

There will be no referendum on how we leave the EU, but there definitely should be a vote regarding what we want to demand/ask for when we leave.

As such I reckon a general election would be a wise idea, with politicians aligning themselves towards a political issue, as opposed to a political party. What do you think?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Correct me if I am wrong, but the Brexit vote was a nonbinding referendum. For the UK to leave the EU, the PM must invoke Article 50 of the Tripoli treaty and then parliament must vote on the conditions of it's exit.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I don't see anyone mocking MLK though. The UK leaving the EU will probably hurt the UK financially, including these millennials who are just joining or about to join the work force, so I can see why they may have a problem with the decision, they will be affected financially and their lives may suffer from such a decision.

Have you seen the unemployment rates of the EU?

Why can't you look at their reasoning instead of automatically calling them whiners and fascists? Your opinion that they are whiners and fascists is a purely emotional response with no thought to their reasoning behind such a protest.

I've explained my reasoning a dozen times. You have no refuted it, just rationalized reasons why ignoring the vote would be ok.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

You are not acutely giving any counter argument just saying i am "rationalizing"

is that a bad thing?

being rational?

If in the negotiations the UK government says we are going to join the Economic Area then I think even those who voted to leave would want a vote on that.

And that is just one of several possible terms on which the UK could leave the EU.

Actually here is a idea how about you go and google what i mean by European Economic Area and then come back and tell me if you think the UK should have a vote on its terms in leaving the EU?

Because right now it looks like that could be how the UK leaves the EU by remaining in the EEC
edit on 1-7-2016 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Would you agree to a vote that would eventually hurt you financially, a vote that would affect your life in a negative way? Because that's probably what's going to happen in the UK: their economy, and thus the workers (including these millennials), will suffer.

Do i disagree with the vote? No because the people decided by popular vote, but I can see why these protestors feel the way they do. It's called empathy, you should try it.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I agree that to a certain degree the British public were conned into voting leave, but the point is that so many actually voted leave that a con job is not a probable cause. The more likely cause is dissent with the EU, right? I mean that is the most logical explanation, the politicians simply played on that.

What do you think about my previous post re. what we should do now? Should we in fact have a revolution in politics given that we have made a monumental change in our society? Should left and right unite in the aim of trying to make the best of a shi*ty situation?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Your reason for thinking they are fascist is because they are protesting a democratic vote, yet protesting is a democratic liberty within itself which is not fascist in the least, unless of course you believe our Constitution is partly fascist.

I see you protesting Barack Obama's presidency all the time around these boards, yet he was democratically voted in as president. I guess that means you're a fascist too.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: zinc12

I'm glad I'm not "emotional" - if I was, I would probably be affected enough by others' opinions and ways of expressing themselves to write a thread about it.

Though I'm a United States of American, my worthless opinion was pro-Brexit, and yet, these young people expressing themselves do not upset me whatsoever.

Not trying to be overly critical, I just find SO many hypocritical examples lately of people being overly-sensitive about...people being overly sensitive. It's comical.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Nope, just a ridiculous system.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
They're just being sore losers and we'll probably see the same thing here in the states come November... no matter who wins.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

To be fair the country couldn't have paid for Osborne's idiot schemes to begin with. Borrowing has only increased under Tory Leadership and with it the mythical deficit, the source of all the country's evils apparently.

I am absolutely convinced their austerity measures are ideological, not based on any economic grounds.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Correct me if I am wrong, but the Brexit vote was a nonbinding referendum. For the UK to leave the EU, the PM must invoke Article 50 of the Tripoli treaty and then parliament must vote on the conditions of it's exit.

Are you suggesting they will not go with the undebatable will of the people expressed by the Brexit vote? That is political suicide, and politicians avoid that like the plague. Unambiguous referendums where they, the politicians, control the narrative is where they excel at not doing the will of the people. They probably wanted to leave the EU anyway but couldn't do it their way, too many power brokers ready to destroy their careers if they tried it without a vote by the people. Now the power brokers want to keep as many strings attached upon exit, the shoe is on the other foot.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I wonder how many would support a second vote if their presidential candidate did make it.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
a reply to: introvert

Nope, just a ridiculous system.

While I believe the US constitution is in need of an "upgrade", I don't find the system it created to be ridiculous.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Are you suggesting they will not go with the undebatable will of the people expressed by the Brexit vote?

It's possible.

That is political suicide, and politicians avoid that like the plague.

Really? What has stopped politicians from doing as they wish, regardless of the will of the people? It's par for the course.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join