It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands of emmotional millennials to march tomorrow

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Young people are clueless about most things, it doesn't surprise me they want to stay in the EU. Thankfully most young people were too lazy or too uninformed to vote on Brexit, otherwise the UK would continue to be run by unaccountable bureaucrats thousands of miles away.

link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: TheBulk

Again, was MLK fascist for protesting segregation because it was law at the time?

What's wrong with people protesting against something they disagree with? Protest is an essential liberty within a democracy.

Thats not really the point, I think the point is that the statistics on the whole thing say their age groups were FOR this by a large majority...

But now that TV types, talk shows, and famous people are saying its bad..........NOW all the sudden they think its bad.

More proof of the brainwashed and dumbed down, easily led by the nose ,millennial syndrome

its really too bad the gene-pool is being diluted down to this level of stupid
edit on 7/1/2016 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: introvert
Your comment received the appropriate response, considering the T&C's I am bound to abide by. If I was allowed to actually respond in a manner in which your post deserved, I would be post-banned and snowflakes would be in the corner of their mama's basement, asking for the bad-man to go away.

You type a lot of words, but you're not saying anything.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Was MLK fascist for protesting segregation? You failed to answer my question and I am beginning to think you are avoiding it purposefully.

Of course not. The two things aren't comparable in any way, shape or form.

link   
Brexit was a vote for freedom. For autonomy.

I guess there are people that don't like freedom.

link   

It is totalitarian to ignore a Democratic vote just so you can get the results you wanted.

Question:

Do you consider the electoral college, which was created by our founders in the US consitution, to be totalitarian as well because the results of which may contradict a majority vote of the people?

link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

I'm sure a lot of people thought the same about MLK when he was giving his speech in D.C.

But hey, they are protesting something you agree with so let's call them whiners and sore losers. That's very mature of you.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

While I may or may not agree with it, I believe this is what is known colloquially as a slap down.

link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
Young people are clueless about most things, it doesn't surprise me they want to stay in the EU. Thankfully most young people were too lazy or too uninformed to vote on Brexit, otherwise the UK would continue to be run by unaccountable bureaucrats thousands of miles away.

This comment is just so wrong i don't know where to start.

link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
a reply to: awareness10

I saw what you did there. You made PU rhyme with poo.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

a reply to: TinfoilTP

I'm sure a lot of people thought the same about MLK when he was giving his speech in D.C.

But hey, they are protesting something you agree with so let's call them whiners and sore losers. That's very mature of you.

They lost and now they are whining about it. Facts are facts, opinions don't matter.

link   
Hmmm, I'm a millennial technically, and I wasn't "brainwashed" into anything. I think calling a whole group one thing or another is not too wise. Groups are made up of individuals, and they all have their views. Not all millennials think any one way. It's kinda funny I have to tell the older crowd to grow up LOL!

link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

Your comment received the appropriate response, considering the T&C's I am bound to abide by. If I was allowed to actually respond in a manner in which your post deserved, I would be post-banned and snowflakes would be in the corner of their mama's basement, asking for the bad-man to go away.

You type a lot of words, but you're not saying anything.

In response, I'd like to refer to something you said earlier:

This is your response? I honestly took you for a smarter person at first, but now I can see the truth.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

They were both forms of protest against laws that were voted on and put into place. How aren't they comparable in any way again?

Protest is an essential liberty within a democracy, if you disagree with them protesting then I'd have to say you are against a part of our own Constitution.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I think that if there is a second vote, we could make money just marketing the term, "Whine The Vote".

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

It is totalitarian to ignore a Democratic vote just so you can get the results you wanted.

Question:

Do you consider the electoral college, which was created by our founders in the US consitution, to be totalitarian as well because the results of which may contradict a majority vote of the people?

No, do you even understand what the electoral college does? Sheesh....

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

OMG was I so wrong? Now my paranoia kicks in and...

or
...or maybe

EDIT: ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH I just realised!!! Oh dear, my facial recognition system is off line.

edit on 1-7-2016 by Jonjonj because: poo did it

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Question then just to clear this up because I am actually thinking now you just dont understand this.

Do you think that if in the UK's negotiations to leave the EU the government decide that the UK should remain as part of the European Economic Area given that just now that seems to be one of the more likely scenarios there should be a second referendum on the terms of UK exist of Europe?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

They were both forms of protest against laws that were voted on and put into place. How aren't they comparable in any way again?

Protest is an essential liberty within a democracy, if you disagree with them protesting then I'd have to say you are against a part of our own Constitution.

What are you even talking about? Who is denying their right to protest? Who is arguing to deny their right to protest? Oh, nobody? Ok, that's what I thought.

In this thread we're mocking and debating the concept of protesting to promote over turning a democratic vote.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

Question:

No, do you even understand what the electoral college does? Sheesh....

Yes. I believe there have been 4 times in US history in which a president was elected to office without the popular (democratic) vote.

Is that totalitarian?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join