It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands of emmotional millennials to march tomorrow

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: zinc12

So long as they don't work themselves up to another Tottenham.

Nothing says "I Care" like burning down the local neighborhood.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Again, was MLK fascist for protesting segregation because it was law at the time?

What's wrong with people protesting against something they disagree with? Protest is an essential liberty within a democracy.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

None of that matters in the face of a referendum. We can't say that a referendum doesn't count simply because the politicians lied to us, because then we would be literally asking for trouble. How would that work?

If we were to, say, ask for a new referendum, not only would we have the slight majority in opposition, but also those, like me, who believe that the will of the people should be respected. The majority would clearly increase.

No, we need to get on with it and stop whining I reckon.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: zinc12

Ugh.. i can't believe the entitlement of these brainless twits. Perhaps we should replace the E in EU to P as in PU.

Because the whole thing stinks to high heaven.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
The only sure thing is that the march and protest will only continue as long as their iPhone battery stays charged.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: crazyewok

I think a Second Referendum on our conditions for leaving the EU could be a good thing.

Although I am not 100% sold on it, I could see it happening and i could understand why it might have to happen.

Ok, so then the other side wants a referendum on conditioning those conditions.........How can you people not see this? Are you really so self deluded? I'll say it again and again, there appears to be a serious desire of those on the left in both the US and Europe to rationalize totalitarian actions.

So i qualify as "you people" and i am "Self deluded" and have a desire to support a totalitarian actions.

That is why I struggle so much with political debate on ATS because most of you cannot understand or accept a differing opinion with out resorting to such frankly stupid comments. I am not getting personal about anything on this thread I am just expressing my political views in regards to UK membership of the EU and our exit from that organisation but you cannot comprehend a differing view so you basically turn it into something personal.

Now this is nothing totalitarian about saying there that one could envision as scenario where a second referendum of some kind could be justified. Its been done in other states so why can it not be done in the UK with out it being some how undemocratic and totalitarian. For example Ireland had two referendums on the Lisbon treaty and other states have also had several referendums to settle issues its quite common.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

They did decide!

ok. I was offering my opinion on the topic of the thread as well. Even though the votes were cast, it's not over yet.

Well you surely didn't have a response to what I said. Likely it's because you can now see your position was garbage?

Your comment received the appropriate response, considering the T&C's I am bound to abide by. If I was allowed to actually respond in a manner in which your post deserved, I would be post-banned and snowflakes would be in the corner of their mama's basement, asking for the bad-man to go away.

link   
a reply to: awareness10

I saw what you did there. You made PU rhyme with poo.

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
The only sure thing is that the march and protest will only continue as long as their iPhone battery stays charged.

So not long then

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Congress voted to pass the Patriot Act, so your comment is only half true. The Iraq war was unlawful but it was a decision that was made nonetheless.

You are comparing apples and oranges once again.

A referendum is far different to an ordinary governmental-exclusive vote to pass legislation.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

If they don't decide that they have better things to do in the first place.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

Yes, because protest is disgusting. But ONLY if it goes against what you believe.

I agree with the decision made to leave the EU because I agree with democracy, but I'm not so thick skulled as to believe that people voicing their opinion through protest is fascist even though I don't agree with the reason behind the protest.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: zinc12
Tomorrow Saturday 2nd July thousands of millennials are set to march against Brexit.

I'm not going to lie, I hope it pours it down tomorrow in London

Great video btw!

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

I am not saying that the will of the people should be ignored and we should just have referendum after referendum until we get an answer that we like.

What I am saying is that in two years time (or longer) when the terms of us leaving the EU have been agreed upon there could be a possible second referendum on those terms. For example there could be a vote on UK leaving the EU under the terms of remaining in the European Economic Area for instance.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

Yet referendums are still a democratic vote just as legislative voting is democratic. Two parts of the same machine. Protesting is democratic as well so I see no issue here.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

That is why I struggle so much with political debate on ATS because most of you cannot understand or accept a differing opinion with out resorting to such frankly stupid comments. I am not getting personal about anything on this thread I am just expressing my political views in regards to UK membership of the EU and our exit from that organisation but you cannot comprehend a differing view so you basically turn it into something personal.

I'm refuting your view. You're supposed to defend your position here and you can;t so you're whining.

Now this is nothing totalitarian about saying there that one could envision as scenario where a second referendum of some kind could be justified.

A 3rd? A 4th? It is totalitarian to ignore a Democratic vote just so you can get the results you wanted. Cripes, we are all doomed if this new crop of left wingers (both in the US and UK) gets power. You guys can rationalize anything.

a reply to: Jonjonj

I am not saying that the will of the people should be ignored and we should just have referendum after referendum until we get an answer that we like.

Yeah that it was you're saying.

What I am saying is that in two years time (or longer) when the terms of us leaving the EU have been agreed upon there could be a possible second referendum on those terms. For example there could be a vote on UK leaving the EU under the terms of remaining in the European Economic Area for instance.

And how about a referendum to over turn that referendum?

edit on 1-7-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Aahhh, that was absolutely not clear to me from your previous posts. I agree that now, the post referendum political action is paramount, and incredibly technical.

Why do you think that some politicians are running with their tails between their legs? This is not an easy thing to deal with, at all.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
They need to go crawl in a hole somewhere because the majority don't give a crap about their whiney sore loser attitudes.

link   

Was MLK fascist for protesting segregation? You failed to answer my question and I am beginning to think you are avoiding it purposefully.

link   

The Pro-EU folks are not left wing.

They may claim they are, but they are not. Why would anyone who believes in anything even remotely left-of-center support an organisation that enforces brutal austerity?

The Modern "Left" is a joke.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join