It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands of emmotional millennials to march tomorrow

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Yes, that is what the vote was for, but some people didn't agree with it and have decided to voice their displeasure on it. Same thing happened with the Patriot Act and the Iraq war, but I don't see anyone calling those protests fascist. Why is that?

Like I asked before, was MLK a fascist for voicing his displeasure on segregation because it was voted as law?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Boris Johnson is another coward. They promoted an idea they were not prepared to deal with. Now we have to live with it. I would be very surprised if he ever got back into politics again.

link   

originally posted by: introvert
What if they call for another referendum and the votes roll the other way?

That would be an affront to the integrity of the democratic process.

The vote happened. If these protesters were too ignorant and lazy to cast a meaningful vote at the time, that is their problem, not the referendum's problem.

link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Patriot act and iraq war didnt have a democratic vote first.

This did and the majority was for leave.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TheFlyOnTheWall

You watched a single movie, and now you are fully qualified to state your opinion as valid?

Wow. Cool.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Patriot act and iraq war didnt have a democratic vote first.

This did and the majority was for leave.

A critical difference, indeed.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I was pro EU but no! Just absolutely not! Why should there be a second referendum? And more to the point; what would that achieve? Make Britain look like an absolute idiot in the eyes of the world only to be denied by UK sceptic EU politicians for #s and giggles? Have you even thought that through?

See you get it.

Im sorry you lost the vote. But respect for you for moving onwards

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Please do. From what I understand it is very possible that it could happen.

Either that, or the parliament votes as they wish and the people deal with what they decide.

It bothers me that you cannot see how idiotic this is. What if the other side wins this vote? Won't the losing side want yet another vote? My guess is you and the anti-Brexit crowd will suddenly be against that. You'll rationalize some garbage logic to deny the pro-Brexit the same re-vote you insisted upon. It's classic left wing crap. Rules for yee, but not for me!

link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Congress voted to pass the Patriot Act, so your comment is only half true. The Iraq war was unlawful but it was a decision that was made nonetheless.

link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Yes, that is what the vote was for, but some people didn't agree with it and have decided to voice their displeasure on it. Same thing happened with the Patriot Act and the Iraq war, but I don't see anyone calling those protests fascist. Why is that?

You do know there was no vote on either of your examples?

link   

Boris Johnson is another coward. They promoted an idea they were not prepared to deal with. Now we have to live with it. I would be very surprised if he ever got back into politics again.

I do not know much about Johnson, but I do remember reading somewhere that a conservative leader in the nation threw him under the bus on this issue and caused quite a stir. (His name was Grover or Grove I think)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I was pro EU but no! Just absolutely not! Why should there be a second referendum? And more to the point; what would that achieve? Make Britain look like an absolute idiot in the eyes of the world only to be denied by UK sceptic EU politicians for #s and giggles? Have you even thought that through?

Like i said I am not 100% sold on it.

But.

I think there could be a solid basis for a second referendum on the terms of our exit.

I was thinking about this the other day, lets say for example 5% of people voted out of the EU just because they believed it would reduce immigration.... well that argument was a total fallacy given that most immigration comes from non-eu states and there is nothing to suggest that immigration would fall outside of the EU.....

So that means that potentially we could be heading of the EU because 5% of the population were morons who never bothered to take the time to actually look a the issues properly and just believed Farage whenever he banged on about immigration and Turkey joining the EU.

It was all bollocks, and because of that our economy is about to go down the pan.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

Please do. From what I understand it is very possible that it could happen.

Either that, or the parliament votes as they wish and the people deal with what they decide.

It bothers me that you cannot see how idiotic this is. What if the other side wins this vote? Won't the losing side want yet another vote? My guess is you and the anti-Brexit crowd will suddenly be against that. You'll rationalize some garbage logic to deny the pro-Brexit the same re-vote you insisted upon. It's classic left wing crap. Rules for yee, but not for me!

I hate to say it but I can see the benefits of a constitutional republic over a democracy now.......

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

But what about that weekly 350 million saved? /S

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: crazyewok

I think a Second Referendum on our conditions for leaving the EU could be a good thing.

Although I am not 100% sold on it, I could see it happening and i could understand why it might have to happen.

Ok, so then the other side wants a referendum on conditioning those conditions.........How can you people not see this? Are you really so self deluded? I'll say it again and again, there appears to be a serious desire of those on the left in both the US and Europe to rationalize totalitarian actions.
edit on 1-7-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

My guess is you and the anti-Brexit crowd will suddenly be against that.

This is the first time I have ever commented on the Brexit issue. Honestly, I don't give a damn. It is their (UK) right to decide for themselves.

You'll rationalize some garbage logic to deny the pro-Brexit the same re-vote you insisted upon. It's classic left wing crap. Rules for yee, but not for me!

Blah, blah...left-wing this and that...blah, blah.

It gets old, dude. The same thing over and over.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

See you get it.

Im sorry you lost the vote. But respect for you for moving onwards

That is what we have to do as a nation. It has been a polarising time, because politicians have literally polarised opinion. Black and white. But the Uk is stronger than that, and now we have to do what must be done, which is nothing more nor less than deal with what we have on our plate.

The rest of it is bullsh*t man.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheFlyOnTheWall
a reply to: zinc12

I just watched Brexit the movie today. The EU is a dictatorship compartmentalized to prevent culpability on members responsible for regulating the people and whom were never elected in a democratic system. Interesting times we are living in. These kids are the bi-product of systemic brainwashing to relinquish sovereignty to the ruling elite. You don't need to be a part of the EU to survive. Switzerland's GDP is triple of that of the EU and their wages are double. They don't have "trade agreements" with the world and they serve as direct evidence that the EU is full of #. The UN's protects it's interests by regulating business to the point that they can never compete with corporations. They protect less superior products by making it more difficult for other countries with cheaper and superior products from ever competing in the market. It stagnates growth and monopolizes trade.

These millennials are out of touch. They are actually, quite literally, lining themselves up to be placed in to a Marxist, Orwellian system. Oh boy. The old saved their asses and they don't even know they don't know how close they were.

That scene about the pillow? Where they list all the "rules"? The fine print is so small you can't read it.

Want to know why?

Because it's (as you would say) "bollocks". Those "rules" have to do with things about pillow-shaped cereal and anything with the word "pillow" in it, not anything to do with the pillow in your bed.

The entire movie is brainwashing propaganda full of lies.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I wonder if these are the same people who protested the result of the general election last year.

A ridiculous result but a result none the less.
edit on -050005pm7kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

This is the first time I have ever commented on the Brexit issue. Honestly, I don't give a damn. It is their (UK) right to decide for themselves.

They did decide!

Blah, blah...left-wing this and that...blah, blah.

This is your response? I honestly took you for a smarter person at first, but now I can see the truth.

It gets old, dude. The same thing over and over.

Well you surely didn't have a response to what I said. Likely it's because you can now see your position was garbage?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join