It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands of emmotional millennials to march tomorrow

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: defiythelie

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.
a reply to: zinc12

So the voting is done and exit won. Now as a population isn't it to be accepted either way it would of went. Otherwise why vote, it would be a waste of time. Basically voting is turning into a joke. We cant all have our way all the time.

The vote is not a definite thing. The vote was a none binding resolution, basically a poll asking the public what it wants.

I keep reading this as if it somehow makes the vote voided.

Nothing could be further from the truth, the vote was to leave the EU, we voted to leave so we will leave the EU that is the democratic will of the British people so its been decided we are leaving the EU they would not have had a referendum then say "nah... lets not".

Now what I think will happen is that as the negotiations go on public opinion will drastically shift to a pro-eu stance (remember this would only take as little as a 5% swing) another referendum could be called that is a vote on our terms for Brexit.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

They are protesting for their belief that Brexit was a bad idea.

Segregation was the law when Martin Luther King was protesting, was he fascist for protesting a decision that was already made as well?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: crazyewok

Sp the 52% who voted there votes don't mater then?

From what I understand, UK parliament will decide whether or not they leave the EU. The vote was a referendum.

And if they ignore the vote then there will be riots rather than protests.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

From what I understand, UK parliament will decide whether or not they leave the EU. The vote was a referendum.

What if they call for another referendum and the votes roll the other way?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: TheBulk

They are protesting for their belief that Brexit was a bad idea.

Isn't that what the vote was for? Again, what is their end game? Just admit it's to find a way to over turn a democratic vote.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

EXACTLY! How can you not see the folly of this logic? Do I have to spell it out for you?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

hahahahahahahahahahaha

Might have been more effective if they had protested and marched BEFORE the vote.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

How are they trying to block a democratic decision they just expressing their democratic right to protest.

link   
Protests might give the illusion of change, but in reality they are a waste of time.

link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

EXACTLY! How can you not see the folly of this logic? Do I have to spell it out for you?

Please do. From what I understand it is very possible that it could happen.

Either that, or the parliament votes as they wish and the people deal with what they decide.

link   
a reply to: introvert

There will not be another referendum. It isn't the people's fault that they voted as they saw fit. If anyone is to blame for this it is David Cameron promising a referendum as a way to win an election.

link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Same thing as that would be trying to fix the results by polling until the government got the "right" one.

A second referedum would be a terrible idea!

Its done, we need to move on, we cant keep going round in circles with referendums.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Infowars and alex jones can be on the right track sometimes. They do contribute to waking people up. It's not like they are a mininformation machine. They just rely on sensational, bias, and religious-aimed articles for views. At least, in my opinion.

Alex Jones seems like a really smart man, but he too easily f**ks up mainstream media interviews. Like this piers morgan interview :

Everytime hes on tv, he explodes into a rant. He probably just comes off as your typical ranting and raving conspiracy theorist to people who don't know who is.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

I think a Second Referendum on our conditions for leaving the EU could be a good thing.

Although I am not 100% sold on it, I could see it happening and i could understand why it might have to happen.

edit on 1-7-2016 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

How are they trying to block a democratic decision they just expressing their democratic right to protest.

If they are not trying to block a brexit they why are they protesting?

You dont protest without a endgame and there endgame is to stay in Europe which is blocking the democratic vote.

They are :
1) wasteing there time
2) making themselves look like whiney crybabys.

If there were going to protest it should of been before the referendum when there opinion mattered and they could of made a difference.
edit on 1-7-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

I think a Second Referendum on our conditions for leaving the EU could be a good thing.

Although I am not 100% sold on it, I could see it happening and i could understand why it might have to happen.

So round and round in circles.

Scotland made its decision in 2014 and so did the UK. No more referedums lets just get on with actuallly governing now.

link   

originally posted by: defiythelie

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.

So the voting is done and exit won. Now as a population isn't it to be accepted either way it would of went. Otherwise why vote, it would be a waste of time. Basically voting is turning into a joke. We cant all have our way all the time.

The vote is not a definite thing. The vote was a none binding resolution, basically a poll asking the public what it wants.

I keep reading this as if it somehow makes the vote voided.

Nothing could be further from the truth, the vote was to leave the EU, we voted to leave so we will leave the EU that is the democratic will of the British people so its been decided we are leaving the EU they would not have had a referendum then say "nah... lets not".

Now what I think will happen is that as the negotiations go on public opinion will drastically shift to a pro-eu stance (remember this would only take as little as a 5% swing) another referendum could be called that is a vote on our terms for Brexit.

I agree the UK will exit, even if the UK now wanted to stay the EU has made it clear that it will not allow them to do that. As far as the EU is concerned the UK is out.

I was just pointing out that the decision ultimately is up to the government.

link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
a reply to: introvert

There will not be another referendum. It isn't the people's fault that they voted as they saw fit. If anyone is to blame for this it is David Cameron promising a referendum as a way to win an election.

Whomever is in charge, it will be an interesting process. I believe Cameron is stepping down because he does not want to be the one that claims Article 50 of the Lisbon treaty, which is necessary to start the process of exiting the EU.

link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I was pro EU but no! Just absolutely not! Why should there be a second referendum? And more to the point; what would that achieve? Make Britain look like an absolute idiot in the eyes of the world only to be denied by UK sceptic EU politicians for #s and giggles? Have you even thought that through?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

edit on 1-7-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join