It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands of emmotional millennials to march tomorrow

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
So by this logic the right don't believe people should be able to exercise their rights...got it.

I also now understand that anyone who has ever protested is a snowflake. I swear this place has become full of idiots this past year.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff
All I can type is, go to the EU if its so great, I notice America hasn't even bothered to ask if American can join.
Those poor 'remainians' just don't know how many British jobs the EU has shifted abroad, even making loans to some companies to move to non EU countries, see other thread on this subject for my lists.

Of course America will not ask to join as it is not, nor has ever been, part of Europe. Actually, Russia would be a more likely candidate to join the EU.

Also, you can bet that the US will not apply for UK membership either, so it's a fairly moot point But you might make a chance over there to become the 51st US state. Go for it!

But you are grossly misinformed if you think it is "the EU" that shifts jobs abroad - that's a decision made entirely by the management of British companies. And believe me, though India has never been part of Europe or the EU, a lot of British jobs have been outsourced to India, and probably, if the UK survives the Brexit, a lot more "British" jobs will be outsourced there too. You may leave the EU, but can't escape from your own British managers, whom don't give a dang about jobs, as long as they make a profit.

It are postings like yours that proof that ignorance may well have been a major reason to vote "out".

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: amicktd

Nice try for a strawman argument.

On second thought, it was a pretty pathetic attemp at a strawman argument.
edit on 3-7-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

It was never a right wing v left wing vote.
I'm a liberal and voted out I know people on the right who voted remain.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Did that lady say she was worried she wouldn't have free travel to France? As in she would have to pay money now?

I don't think either side much understood the EU and how it is not a democratic institution.
Worried about immigration vs worried about no travel and no multiculturalism.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
My generation sucks... I don't think they'll ever grow up

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

Nice try for a strawman argument.

On second thought, it was a pretty pathetic attemp at a strawman argument.

Well if that's your argument, I'll consider myself winning.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom

It was never a right wing v left wing vote.
I'm a liberal and voted out I know people on the right who voted remain.

I wasn't referring to a vote. I was referring to the snowflake threads. They are just absolutely ridiculous that's spreading a false image of an entire generation based on cherry picked stories. The only thing I referred to as a left vs. right is the fact that you don't see liberals creating these types of threads.

Basically people are protesting the Brexit vote, but the right likes to call them babies because they are protesting. So I used the same logic and said I guess anyone who protests is a snowflake and the right doesn't like it when people exercise their rights.

The fact that it's assumed only millennials are protesting Brexit shows the lack of research in the OP. Closed minded individuals is a major problem in this world right now and that seems to be the major push from the right as of late.

The previous generations got them into this mess and now are trying to silence the younger generation for having a different opinion.
edit on 5-7-2016 by amicktd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I see Clarkson has come out in favour of a re vote

If you ever find yourself on the same side of an argument as that mop haired idiot then you know you are wrong.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
They feel that it's a bad decision, who is anyone to question how they feel about something? I say good for them! They're doing more for their beliefs than anyone on these forums is doing right now.

They're fascists trying to over turn a democratic vote.

I'm curious about something. In what worldview is protesting something equal to fascism?

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
They feel that it's a bad decision, who is anyone to question how they feel about something? I say good for them! They're doing more for their beliefs than anyone on these forums is doing right now.

They're fascists trying to over turn a democratic vote.

I'm curious about something. In what worldview is protesting something equal to fascism?

Its what there protesting for.

The aim of there protest is to overturn a vote and to remain part of a tyrannical instrument of state.

Remember NAZI party stated off at protests and marches. So did every other fascist and tyrannical movement

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
Did that lady say she was worried she wouldn't have free travel to France? As in she would have to pay money now?

News flash....you had to pay money anyway!

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

That response sounds HIGHLY partisan and biased, but I can't be sure since I'm not English.

Remember NAZI party stated off at protests and marches. So did every other fascist and tyrannical movement

To distill the Nazi party down to just protests and marches initially is very dishonest. The signs of anti-semitism, anti-communism, and uber-nationalist tendencies were already readily apparent at the beginning.

Besides, being in support of Brexit is closer to being a Nazi than being against it since Brexit is an uber nationalist party.

In any case, I'm getting off topic, protesting, no matter what you are protesting, ISN'T fascism just because you don't agree with what they are protesting against.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Fascist for not wanting to be apart of the corrupt, incompetent, out of touch, beroucratic mess that is the EU?

The EU makes the US goverment look effective!

And no not partasian as this is not a left or right issue.

Right and left voted both ways on this.

And yes they have a right to protest. But I have a right to venhemtly disagree with what there protest stands for, especially when there protest wants to overturn a hard won vote and enforce a tyranny.
edit on 5-7-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-7-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Well clearly they are protesting because they disagree SO much with your opinion that it is motivating them to get out and do something instead of facelessly call people names on the internet.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Well clearly they are protesting because they disagree SO much with your opinion that it is motivating them to get out and do something instead of facelessly call people names on the internet.

And they can protest as much as they like.

But doesnt mean me or anyone else should listen to them.

The vote been done.

Its over.

I dont need to go out and protest. I voted and my vote won.

There opinion is pretty much irrelevent now.
They should have put this passion in BEFORE the vote.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Irrelevant, my point still stands. It isn't fascism. You are just upset that they are still angry that they lost.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Irrelevant, my point still stands. It isn't fascism. You are just upset that they are still angry that they lost.

The protesting itself isn't fascism it what they WANT that it tyrannical. IE the overturning of a democratic vote.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

They want a second vote for Brexit actually. So nope you are still wrong, they are trying to pursue Democratic options to fight this until it is effective.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

They want a second vote for Brexit actually. So nope you are still wrong, they are trying to pursue Democratic options to fight this until it is effective.

Then whats the bloody point of a first vote then!

Keep repeating votes until you get your own way is just another way of fixing a vote.

How is that democratic?

what the point of a first vote then?

You of all people I though would be against such a centralized , bureaucratic, out of touch, incompetent mess that is the European Union.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join