It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands of emmotional millennials to march tomorrow

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

We need to move on and try and work together to make the best of it we can

No argument there

Better to be friends and come together than enemies and divided. Life is better that way

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides

originally posted by: TheFlyOnTheWall

originally posted by: nullafides
a reply to: TheFlyOnTheWall

You watched a single movie, and now you are fully qualified to state your opinion as valid?

Wow. Cool.

What's your qualifications?

Given your criteria, pretty damned good

I think you're making an assumption about my qualifications to interpret world affairs. But I already know where you got your information. John Oliver.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

You act as if it was some kind of landslide victory for leaving. It was 51% to 49%, that's as close as it gets. I think 49% if the country deserves for their voices to be heard.

They did ... when they voted. And their votes were not enough. They lost.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Imagine the Super Bowl.

If the losing team didn't accept the score and wanted to play again because it was close.

I can't believe the justification that some will use to overturn a vote, over-rule freedom.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Is the EMO parade finished yet? I do hope so, i can't believe they're whining for a revote... JHC%$$#@

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Or another way to look at it:

Obama only won the popular vote by 51% in 2012. What if the other voters who voted all got together, regardless of whom they voted for, and demanded a revote because they were so close to getting rid of Obama?

Nope! We lost that one. It was close, yes, but we lost. No endless demonstrations and whining that the vote wasn't fair.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
"thousands"...let me know when it gets to millions.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
More people in the UK voted for Brexit than have ever voted for anything else, ever.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr

We need to move on and try and work together to make the best of it we can

No argument there

Better to be friends and come together than enemies and divided. Life is better that way

Agreed

Thing is these protests are not going to accomplish anything but piss of the the majority that voted leave.

Better they accept we ane leaveing and try and work on terms of our leaving that benfit them.

I hope we can keep some free movement though I think we should cap it at 50,000-100,000 a year while we build up the infrastructure to cope. I certainly dont think we should close our borders completely.

The human rights we gained from the EU we should hold onto.

The student programs would be another good thing to keep.

Things like that the remain camp should now focus on to keep on our exit as a exit doesnt mean we have to close ourselves off from the EU.

I just want to distance myself from the out of touch incompetents in brussels , not shut myself off from our cousins in Europe. And I would symphise or even support the remain camp in holding on to the above things in the exit negotiations.
edit on 2-7-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Imagine the Super Bowl.

If the losing team didn't accept the score and wanted to play again because it was close.

I can't believe the justification that some will use to overturn a vote, over-rule freedom.

If stomping my foot, and throwing a temper tantrum was all it took to change the 2012 election.

We shoulda gone and done it.

Keep on voting until we get the preferred outcome

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
They are all buthurt because now they cant travel through Europe in the summer, for their marvelous vacations without needing a VISA! Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!! Cry me a river, snowflakey!

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Speaking of Millennials, this has been being shown a bit now and since it is about the 4th of July, well .......sad really
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Common core in action i guess.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: zinc12

I cannot take paul joseph watson seriously. His "journalism" on infowars.com is often too sensational. That whole website often relies on right-wing christian outrage.

Yea.. they cover the builderberg group event but they are FAR from un-bias.

Anytime some lone feminist blogger or "special snowflake" makes a rant, paul watson is sure to make a whole article about it.

The fact that he has so much material to work with should speak volumes that it is not just a lone radical feminist. I would wager there are tens of thousands of them out there with the same mentalities.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: chuck258

There are tons of channels that make a very good living off of them, and those channels cover all facets of the spectrum in their own way.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

The bottom line for me is that the EU needs a shake up.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 04:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

You act as if it was some kind of landslide victory for leaving. It was 51% to 49%, that's as close as it gets. I think 49% if the country deserves for their voices to be heard.

They did ... when they voted. And their votes were not enough. They lost.

That's not how democracy works: democracy is not a game that one plays to "win" or "loose". It's about getting the best possible decision for most of the people.

Technically, "most" of the people have voted out, but given the false prepositions, the lies that were told to get people to vote 'right' etc. and given the very slight majority that wanted out - and given that most people did not realise this might actually be a vote AGAINST the UK (Scotland out, London seriously thinking about becoming a city-nation...) - it can't be reduced to a simple headcount and a declaration of "victory".

Nobody wins here, actually: the nay-sayers have admitted already that their utopian vision, in which hundres of millions of pounds could be freed from the EU to promote the NHS, is bogus. If only 1 percent of worried Brits, whom are rightfully proud of their NHS, decided to vote "out" because of that lie, it can be said the outcome was the result of lies.

Many people feel deceived, feel regret. If the vote was held again, there is a big chance it would be a remain. And it's exactly that that needs consideration. Had 75 percent voted "out" and had they had based their votes on real scenarios's, things would have been different. As it is now, this "vote" was more like casting a die, the economy suffered a huge blow, jobs are lost and it proves there is not even a good plan for the Brexit.

You don't need to do the poll again, it's clear that the Brits are seriously critical of the EU. But your parliament can still decide to stay - and in fact, by postponing the article 50 procedure, they do. Take a deep breath, wait and see. You may be in the EU longer than you thought, but it also may be a different EU, as the signals from everywhere that people don't understand why the EU is a Good Thing™ can't be denied and should be dealt with appropriately.

Popcorn, anybody?

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

not gonna happen, its done and done.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   

I know if an extremely close vote was made to take money out of my pocket I'd protest it too. That's basically what this vote did, it is threatening to take money out of these people's pockets and negatively affect the economy they take part in.

I think you will find its those who voted out are older and therefore are the ones who stand to be out of pocket, the millennials on the other hand own nothing and therefore stand to lose nothing.

I voted out even though it will probably decrease the value of my property short-term....well worth it for freedom!

As usual its the older ones making sacrifices so the younger ones can have a brighter future....but what do the get in return, emotional millennials crying because "its there time" and "their future has been robbed from them" Quit whining generation snowflake !!
edit on 3-7-2016 by zinc12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   
All I can type is, go to the EU if its so great, I notice America hasn't even bothered to ask if American can join.
Those poor 'remainians' just don't know how many British jobs the EU has shifted abroad, even making loans to some companies to move to non EU countries, see other thread on this subject for my lists.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join