It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands of emmotional millennials to march tomorrow

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Blah blah blah.

Thats why we had a vote.

They had there chance for a say.

They failed.

Vote over, the decisions done. We cant go back now , nor should we. All they are doing is wasteing breath.
edit on 2-7-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: introvert

Please do. From what I understand it is very possible that it could happen.

Either that, or the parliament votes as they wish and the people deal with what they decide.

It bothers me that you cannot see how idiotic this is. What if the other side wins this vote? Won't the losing side want yet another vote? My guess is you and the anti-Brexit crowd will suddenly be against that. You'll rationalize some garbage logic to deny the pro-Brexit the same re-vote you insisted upon. It's classic left wing crap. Rules for yee, but not for me!

It's getting to the point of being a Monty Python sketch:

[Somewhere out in the back of the beyond. King rides into a village along with his advisor].

Peasant #1:Who are you?

King: I'm your king. Using my wisdom and experience I make decisions that affect the entire Kingdom.

Peasant #2: Don't like the sound of that. Sounds too much like a dictatorship. Where's the consultation bit, the focus groups, the outreach meetings, the door to door canvassing? You can't just go around making?

King: if you have a problem you can come and visit me.

Peasant: Still don't like sound of it. When do we get any say on a decisions? Where's the democracy, the elections. We want a vote, an election .. a referendum.

Crowd: Cries of support for a referendum.

King: All right. You can have a referendum.

Crowd: Cheers of approval

King: All those in favor, say Aye.

Crowd: All shout Aye!!

King: All those against, say Neigh.

Crowd: [Silence].

King: then it's agreed. Majority decision in favor. Are you happy now?

Crowd: Cries of approval.

Peasant #1: [Whispers to another peasant] . What did we just vote for?

Peasant #2: I don't know, I thought everyone else knew so I just followed them.

Peasant #1: We should demand a recount. Sounds like someone tampered with the results.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: MysticPearl

Exactly.

They had there chance for the voice to be heard and they missed it! Now there opinion is irrelevent.

Where were they with this passion before the vote?

If they had campaigned with this passion before maybe they would have won?qq

I am guessing their problem was that they were living inside their own little bubble.

They were like that lady who was stunned after Reagan beat Carter, and she was supposed to have said, "I just don't understand how he won; I don't know anyone who voted for him ..." Of course, everything showed that Carter was going down in a massive landslide beforehand. It didn't actually happen like that, but the sentiment is the same one.

This vote wasn't as clear cut, but everything showed it was going to be really close with only a slight edge to remain. So if that's what they really wanted to happen, then they should have voted just to be sure their voices got heard because it was close. But I am guessing that because they were in their own little social media bubbles that they self-select, they had mostly long ago kicked out anyone who might have possibly championed Brexit (excepting maybe their parents or similar relatives). So no one knew anyone who would possibly vote for it.

This led to everyone thinking that Brexit couldn't possibly win because no one knew anyone who would vote for it, so since the media said Remain was winning, and they none of them knew anyone who would vote for anything else ... why bother with voting? They're the only ones worth knowing, right?

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

In many cases im sure that is the case.

Being a millennial myself I know a few my age that didn't vote and now bitching about the results.

Pretty much sick of my age group in this regard.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
A bunch of self entitled, mindless snot nose ringed losers. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
There's an estimated 440to 50000 marching, my brother his fiancée and kid are there non are millenials. Just lefties intent on ruining brexit plans. A good half of the country don't want to leave the eu based on a referendum. Sorry brexiteeers for people peeing on your cornflakes

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

You act as if it was some kind of landslide victory for leaving. It was 51% to 49%, that's as close as it gets. I think 49% if the country deserves for their voices to be heard.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
There's an estimated 440to 50000 marching, my brother his fiancée and kid are there non are millenials. Just lefties intent on ruining brexit plans. A good half of the country don't want to leave the eu based on a referendum. Sorry brexiteeers for people peeing on your cornflakes

And even more voted for a brexit !!!!!!

Thats why we had a #ing vote in the first place!

Are you saying now beexit voters dont mater and the vote should be discarded cause you didn't get your own way?

That democracy only works when you get your own way?

We can vote but only for the result you want?
edit on 2-7-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

You act as if it was some kind of landslide victory for leaving. It was 51% to 49%, that's as close as it gets. I think 49% if the country deserves for their voices to be heard.

And what of the voices of the 51%?

Our vote should be discarded because the 49% dont like it?

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

49% to 51%, that's a pretty friggin close vote. Yes, that's all it takes to win but you have to think, only 39% of millennials voted, how would the vote look if the other 61% decided to vote now that the vote has so much more awareness behind it?

There's a reason these people are protesting, you can't just chalk it up to being "butthurt" or whatever you would like to call it, that's oversimplifying a very complex issue and is only a way to ignore these people's concerns about the decision.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Of course not, who said the vote would be changed because of this? You can't call nearly half of the population ignorant and butthurt just because you disagree with their opinion. They have a right to protest no matter how much you dislike or disagree with it. They have real concerns with the decision, it's not just them being "butthurt" that they "lost", that's a very childish way of looking at it.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

49% to 51%, that's a pretty friggin close vote. Yes, that's all it takes to win but you have to think, only 39% of millennials voted, how would the vote look if the other 61% decided to vote now that the vote has so much more awareness behind it?

Thats it though.

IT THERE OWN FRIGGING FAULT THEY COULDN'T BE BOTHERED TO VOTE!

The fault is 100% with them.

The vote shouldnt be discarded because the 61% who didnt vote were too lazy, drunk, stoned or stupid to vote.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Of course not, who said the vote would be changed because of this? You can't call nearly half of the population ignorant and butthurt just because you disagree with their opinion. They have a right to protest no matter how much you dislike or disagree with it. They have real concerns with the decision, it's not just them being "butthurt" that they "lost", that's a very childish way of looking at it.

Of course they have a right to protest .

And i have a right to call them butt hurt entitled crybabys who are wasteing there time and who opinions are now irrelevant now that the votes over.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
So did they even do the march? Guess the turnout was so low no one could tell them apart from the usual lunatics who gather around Westminster.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I agree, but their concerns about the decision are still valid no matter how much you disagree with them. They have a right to protest and you calling them sore losers is disregarding their concerns.

I know if an extremely close vote was made to take money out of my pocket I'd protest it too. That's basically what this vote did, it is threatening to take money out of these people's pockets and negatively affect the economy they take part in.

I don't disagree that the vote was to leave and should stay that way because that's how democracy works, I just recognize the concerns these protestors have as valid and don't just ignorantly call their concerns as simply reasons to cry and throw a tantrum.
edit on 7/2/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Yes they did and you'll get your brexit, there's a pro brexit demo soon with wheel chairs and blankets for the older voter. Sounds good I think who ever gets the most attendance wins in this type of boots on the ground democracy

Since when has ignoring the opinion of 48 % of the electorates vote been democratic?

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I agree, but their concerns about the decision are still valid no matter how much you disagree with them. They have a right to protest and you calling them sore losers is disregarding their concerns.

I have a right to disregard there concerns.

Especially if there concerns involve overturning a democratic vote.

If they want to be useful they should be protesting to try and keep ties with the Europe outside of EU, protecting the immigrants here or to protest there fear of keeping the rights they gained under the EU. Those issues I may even have joined them on.

But to disregard the referendum and to treat the leaver voters as ignorant and not worth listening too? No they have my utter most scorn

The votes over. Ended.
Instead of demanding a repeat we need to move on together and build the best country we can out of the EU.

We made our bed so we need to lie in it.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr

Yes they did and you'll get your brexit, there's a pro brexit demo soon with wheel chairs and blankets for the older voter. Sounds good I think who ever gets the most attendance wins in this type of boots on the ground democracy

Since when has ignoring the opinion of 48 % of the electorates vote been democratic?

And how is ignoreing the vote of the 52% democratic?

For #s sake the votes over.

We need to move on and try and work together to make the best of it we can!

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheFlyOnTheWall

originally posted by: nullafides
a reply to: TheFlyOnTheWall

You watched a single movie, and now you are fully qualified to state your opinion as valid?

Wow. Cool.

What's your qualifications?

Given your criteria, pretty damned good

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
They will get their wish, the UK will not leave the EU.

Why do you think Labour is trying to get rid of Corbyn? Because Labour aswell as the conservatives want to stay in the EU.

So when it goes to a vote in parliment, what do you think will happen?

You may get a few marching down the streets as these guys are protesting about wanting to leave the Eu, but thats it. There won't be riots as some of you are suggesting, not many people care enough to do that.

Undemocratic you say? not leaving as the public desire? A vote in parliment is about as democratic as you can get.

Funny that hey.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join