It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OpenSecrets and FactCheck.org Denied Credentials at Republican National Convention

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I didn't say he has nothing to say about it. I am stating that he does not have the authority to pull press credentials. He talks to all of the press. I think it is funny when he does not talk to those who blatantly lie. Why not? He still talks to the reporters though.

I am seriously looking forward to his first SOTU address.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Factcheck.org--anything but factual

While touting itself as a 'nonpartisan' source for information verification, Factcheck.org is actually anything but factual. The organization is a front-group for Leftwing causes and has ties to domestic terrorist Bill Ayers and his political protege Barack Obama.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

money.cnn.com...

And by blatantly lie, you mean disagree with Trump...

Why does the GOP who hate him want to pull the credentials of those that will will supposedly put him in bad light?
And we will have to agree to disagree that he doesn't have the ability to pull some strings there, that is just being naive.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Of the 2 Factcheck is HEAVY liberal leaning. Opensecrets is much less biased.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd

originally posted by: LifeMode
Fact Check leans heavy left. I have read many of their articles and they twist and turn information with great force to create the image they want. Facts are simple conclusions, either true or false. If the information is bad for left they do a deep dive and drag the reader to the opposite side of the pool the best they can. I no longer read it.

Funny because if you go to their website, they have negative stories on both sides of the isle. The new excuse is great though. If you don't like the content, its because its a "liberal site".

Um, it really is a liberal site though. When it first came out liberals were using it as a source for all of their "facts" because factcheck.org facts support liberal views to the extreme.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

Fact Check leans heavy left. I have read many of their articles and they twist and turn information with great force to create the image they want. Facts are simple conclusions, either true or false. If the information is bad for left they do a deep dive and drag the reader to the opposite side of the pool the best they can. I no longer read it.

Funny because if you go to their website, they have negative stories on both sides of the isle. The new excuse is great though. If you don't like the content, its because its a "liberal site".

Um, it really is a liberal site though. When it first came out liberals were using it as a source for all of their "facts" because factcheck.org facts support liberal views to the extreme.

If you had ever spent anytime on that site you would find they go after both left and right it is non-biased. It's not factchecks fault that there are far more stupid people on the right who runs their mouth with no brains to back it up.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

If you had ever spent anytime on that site you would find they go after both left and right it is non-biased. It's not factchecks fault that there are far more stupid people on the right who runs their mouth with no brains to back it up.

Sure... "we better throw in some right supporting "facts" so we keep the appearance of being unbiased"

I can already see factchecking has befuddled your mind if you think there are more stupid people on the right than the left.

Have you ever stopped to listen to yourself running your own mouth with no brains to back it up? It doesn't appear so.
study-finds-fact-checkers-biased-a gainst-republicans
edit on 2-7-2016 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Again...and this is a difficult truth I wish wasn't so..The study empiracly demonstrated that the right wing lies more...not that the fact check site was bias..it's a difficult conclusion, but true...Pres Obama born in Kenya and such

edit on 3-7-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

Again...and this is a difficult truth I wish wasn't so..The study empiracly demonstrated that the right wing lies more...not that the fact check site was bias..it's a difficult conclusion, but true...Pres Obama born in Kenya and such

You aught to go to KENYA And tell Obama's friends the truth then, because they all say he was born there. I choose not to believe anything at all in regards to him, since every word he speaks is often just lies. AND you think you know the truth? YOU only know what they tell you to believe.
edit on 3-7-2016 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Whatever you want to believe, I'm tired of presenting facts just to get an opinion rebuttal. Go argue opinions with someone else.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

You aught to go to KENYA And tell Obama's friends the truth then, because they all say he was born there. I choose not to believe anything at all in regards to him, since every word he speaks is often just lies. AND you think you know the truth? YOU only know what they tell you to believe.

It seems you only believe what you want to believe, so whats the difference.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
It's sad people think FactCheck.org is a legitimate site. Brainwashing works well in America.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

I see the Right's war on facts and truth continues unabated, and looking at the responses to this thread its stormtroopers are busy doing all the footwork to continue to push against it.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Sorry to break this to you but the 'right' has nothing in this country. No influence anymore. You see, the right and left have become one and neither the politicians nor the people know how to deal with it yet.

You see widespread, in your face corruption by current politicians. Bill Clinton meeting with the current AG was the last straw to me for a lot of the country. The dollar rules the political spectrum.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

You are apologizing for telling me your opinion? Lol ok. Anyways, to pretend like the right wields no influence in this country is damn near irresponsibly dumb.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Did you not read this....

You see, the right and left have become one and neither the politicians nor the people know how to deal with it yet.

There is no right and left. This election shows it. You can see those who have defected from the GOP to support...HIllary? or their way of life?

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Sure did. It's still an opinion. One that is HIGHLY incorrect given the state of this election season, but go on keep believing what ever you want to believe. It's your life.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

It is a legitimate site, just one that might have some bias.
What sites do you consider legit?

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I've heard this for quite awhile now: there is no right or left. I think what people confuse is just because someone on the left and someone on the right make the same statement, that they agree on how to achieve an outcome. Both sides can say "Let's fix problem X." Ok, sounds like both sides agree there is a problem; but it is the solution over which there could be major differences.

People who currently "defect" from the GOP are not leftists or Democrats. They are what's left in the GOP after liberals and moderates bailed over the years. They are what we used to call far right; the far right is now bailing on the extreme right/craziness on their side.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join