It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

steak grilling tips???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I would say cook it over the little flames first, then crank up the flame for about 8-10 minutes for a ribeye steak, don't mess with it, take it off the grill and let it rest atleast 5 minutes.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I'm late to this one, but...
I only cook on natural lump charcoal. I never use lighter fluid, only a chimney with newspaper in the bottom and the lump coals on top. Let your chimney do its thing until your coals are 75% white, then pour into the grill and evenly disburse. put your top grill in and shut the lid. Open your lower vent full and your top vent 1/3. Sprinkle your steaks with sea salt and fresh ground pepper. Slap the steaks on the grill... I have to do this in two intervals in my house because my wife and son like their meats well done while my daughter and I like bloody rare (except game like moose and elk, which I never cook less than medium while bear meat is always cooked well done.)

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Late to the party also, but here goes... (edit: more late than I realized!!!)

The golden rule with steaks is to cook them over the hottest fire possible. It is for this reason I will always have a traditional charcoal grill. I love our Treager, but it just doesn't get hot enough for steaks.

There's an age old debate about salting before or after you cook a steak, and I'll leave that one alone, but none of that matters as much as the temperature.

I usually always shoot for 1,000 degrees F (or hotter) to cook steaks. If your gas grill can go that high, then turn it up to max.

A good quality steak is cooked over searing heat very quickly for maximum flavor. Period.

I'm a cattleman, so trust me...I know my steaks and my grilling techniques for beef!

ETA - OOPS!! Necro-thread! Got duped AGAIN!! Dammit!
edit on 8/28/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/28/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Reverse sear. Smoke (or sous vide) until you have an internal temp of around 100 degrees. Pull it off and let it cool a bit, and sear it on the hottest fire you can muster for 2-3 mins per side.

Ill grill a regular steak. But wagyu or just prime beef gets the reverse sear. Comes out perfect, flavorful, and with a perfect color.

We did some wagyu rib caps a couple weeks back with reverse sear and it was the best piece of meat i've ever had.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Yeah, but its a good topic. Feed the zombie some new posts.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Reverse sear. Smoke (or sous vide) until you have an internal temp of around 100 degrees. Pull it off and let it cool a bit, and sear it on the hottest fire you can muster for 2-3 mins per side.

Ill grill a regular steak. But wagyu or just prime beef gets the reverse sear. Comes out perfect, flavorful, and with a perfect color.

We did some wagyu rib caps a couple weeks back with reverse sear and it was the best piece of meat i've ever had.

Do you eat your wagyu rare?

I had wagyu for the fist time about a month ago, rare (basically tartare) and sliced paper thin. It was amazing. Delicious.
edit on 16-9-2019 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join