It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Labeling ideas you dont agree with as "stupid racist bigotry", is in fact stupid racist bigotry!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
a reply to: ketsuko

yes, I know what the word means. Its not derogatory as in calling someone a b*tch or ugly...but I would never want to be a bigot.

It like calling someone mean or disrespectful.

Then please explain it to me because it isn't at all clear from your context that you do exactly understand what it means.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Here goes basic Google search for "brexit racist":

About 14,300,000 results (0.30 seconds)

www.google.com...

The vote was what like a week and a half ago?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I do not know how else to explain it. Its a word explaining these qualities all wrapped up in 1...

disrespectful, narrow-minded, mean, sometimes racist.

Please don't make me write this for a third time. You can also look at my past posts, I describe in more detail or google the definition.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

You do realize these labels only carry the power the individual being labeled allows it to carry, right? Obviously, when being called a racist, bigot, any type of "phobe," etc, the only logical response is not defense, denial, or (good Lord no) appeasing apologeticism, it's complete and utter apathy. "You're calling me a racist? Meh. Moving on..."

If the world did this, we'd never see the accusation used as a manipulative tool.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I did not play victim, try that nonsense with someone else.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

For the love of Pete!

bigot n - A person who is rigidly devoted to his own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ

This whole thread is about people calling others bigots simply for the cardinal sin of disagreement, and you persist in telling us its not wrong to call them bigots. Who is being bigoted?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I find it funny that bigots have turned into special snowflakes....
"Don't call us bigots even if we are...that's bigotry to call us that".
Like I said if you don't want to be called a bigot stop ex pressing bigoted views.

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: maria_stardust

I do admit that all people are stupid.

But some deliberately do things that make stupid look like a Hawkings formula for dark matter.

You mean like fake tanning to the point of Oompa Loompanish while sporting a Guinea pig pelt on one's head...

Point taken.

Oh, dear... Is it five o'clock yet?

link   

originally posted by: Kali74

I did not play victim, try that nonsense with someone else.

Oh, I'm sorry. Did I get the wrong Kali?

I spend more time than I should to be honest and I see post after post insulting the left... constantly. I really love to read comments from people that are ideologically different than me so I scroll and scroll and scroll to find ones that aren't so damn ugly. It's quite a challenge.

Even when I try to commiserate with you to try to find common ground, you cannot tolerate it.

What was that word definition I posted ... something about being intolerant of those who differ with your own politics?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

I agree that you should.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Awe Tis obvious now, you have not a clue what the word means, you just cherry-picked a definition and thought that "intolerant" is ok in this sense.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: maria_stardust

The alternative doesn't exactly scream "success!"

Leaving me to wonder if it's the fake tan and hair piece that say "stupid" or the average human being's visual concept of successful and their judgementalism based on appearance that's the real example of stupidity...

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Ketsuko, I want you to write me a 2 page report about bigotry, what personality traits are associated with it and a few examples with your insight on each one.

Maybe then you will understand more, I know you can do it.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Stop being such a special snowflake because I poked a little fun at your man. He's obviously color-blind and his people are too afraid to tell him so. It's really not his fault.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Awe Tis obvious now, you have not a clue what the word means, you just cherry-picked a definition and thought that "intolerant" is ok in this sense.

Ha! Think what you like.

bigot

Here is dictionary.com.

Uh-oh! Same definition.

Merriam Webster Online isn't much better for you ...

a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Ketsuko, I want you to write me a 2 page report about bigotry, what personality traits are associated with it and a few examples with your insight on each one.

Maybe then you will understand more, I know you can do it.

Face it. You didn't know as much as you thought you did.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Au contraire

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

So stop trying to feel wounded. You have no moral superiority here.

That's your definition of trying to find common ground and commiserating? I wasn't sad or wounded to begin with nor do I think or project moral superiority.
edit on 7/1/2016 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom
I find it funny that bigots have turned into special snowflakes....
"Don't call us bigots even if we are...that's bigotry to call us that".

As everyone's views are subjective to themselves.... then the one that calls out the

bigot, becomes a bigot too??

So both sides of the coin are bigots!!

Like I said if you don't want to be called a bigot stop ex pressing bigoted views.

And who exactly makes the final decision of which one is the bigot?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

So stop trying to feel wounded. You have no moral superiority here.

That's your definition of trying to find common ground and commiserating? I wasn't sad or wounded to begin with nor do I think or project moral superiority.

No, my idea was to try to commiserate with you over how hostile the other side seems to be, but your response to that was to basically slap me.

So I stopped trying and just gave back what I got; it's the new American way, no? So no, what you quoted was not me commiserating. I have no time for it with people who clearly aren't interested.
edit on 1-7-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join