It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Labeling ideas you dont agree with as "stupid racist bigotry", is in fact stupid racist bigotry!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I spend more time than I should to be honest and I see post after post insulting the left... constantly. I really love to read comments from people that are ideologically different than me so I scroll and scroll and scroll to find ones that aren't so damn ugly. It's quite a challenge.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Congrats... if you found a thousand, ten thousand... how much of a percentage of the left of center population would that be?

ETA: Plus pundits are paid to rile people.
edit on 7/1/2016 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

This is what I see.

Someone or someones does something snowflaky. they want to ban a word, a book, a movie, part of speech, they expect entitlements or a trophy.

We here comment on the snowflake, social justice weenie.

Then comes others who comment on the commenters. Like they aren't as bad, defending the original snowflake sjw, and attacking anyone who disagrees with the original sjw.

So being an idiot is fine.
Commenting and pointing out idiocy is bad.
But insulting the original pointing-outers is good and defending the idiots is good.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Alas, it was only a matter of time before someone pulled out the snowflake/SJW card.

Oh, the irony of it all....

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: maria_stardust

Alas, it was only a matter of time before someone pulled out the snowflake/SJW card.

Oh, the irony of it all....

What do I win?

I win something right?

If I don't, you're obviously a racist.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

This is the way of life.

Disagree with the majority of the populace? Well, you're wrong. And, you're bad.

And they feel free to use any label in the book to try to sway others towards believing the same thing.

Funny....it's the exact same tactic the BLM uses, too.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

A ski trip to Aspen in August?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

lofl, oh you guys, nice twist on my own words...

oh maybe...its really just going right over your cute lil heads?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

calling you a bigot is not bullying you, its not a derogatory word, its just a way to describe people who think they are better than others.

like I said before, its the bigots who honestly do not realize they are knee deep in bigotry bc they truly believe they are factually correct in their thoughts of being better than others.

its like blissful ignorance

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
www.telegraph.co.uk... reply to: eletheia

I think the response to any perceived racist up turn has been one of the upsides of brexit

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: maria_stardust

A ski trip to Aspen in August?

As long as it includes lift tickets.

But really, people (A) do something stupid.
People (B) then comment on the stupid people.
Then the people (B) get called names by other people (C).

What makes the people (C) so damned special? Aren't they just like the people (B)?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

So then recently the whole UK-EU "Brexit" vote ordeal went down, and already the following day I started taking note how across social media (including here in ATS) in Britain anyone who voted to leave the EU were being derogatorily labelled things like "Old", "Racist", etc (generally in the same sentence).

I think it's important to note where the narrative begins.

While the Brexit vote was happening, I was monitoring it on ATS. Occasionally I would click on CNN to get their take, nothing. Finally the result was posted on ATS, still nothing on CNN. After about 1/2 hour, CNN finally chimes in: Brexit was all about immigration. What? In the lead-up to the vote both CNN and ATS seemed to agree that for the Exit side, it was about national sovereignty, for the Remain side, it was about economics. Now that Brexit passed, it was a bunch of racist xenophobes that did it.

Main Stream Media outlets are globalist friendly and they craft the narrative to sell to the public. Remember the Travon Martin case? Great chance to promote gun control and racism and bash "stand your ground" laws. Then the facts started coming out. Martin wasn't the scrawny teen in the pictures shown on CNN. Zimmerman wasn't white, he was Hispanic. Oops. Time for a new term, White Hispanic. Then the gunpowder residue showed that Martin was hovering over Zimmerman when he was shot. Still, the MSM narrative was that it was all about racism.

Before Donald Trump ran for the Presidency, he wasn't on anybody's radar. When he started doing well in the primaries, he suddenly becomes the most racist man in America. CNN won't directly call him a racist, they will bring in pundits for that.

Anchor: Well, Regular Guest, Donald Trump said something, your thoughts?
Regular Guest: Donald Trump is a racist!
Anchor: Thank you, Regular Guest. Up next, we have Another Guest. Another Guest, Regular Guest says Donald Trump is a racist. Do you agree?
Another Guest: Uh, yeah?
Anchor: Thank you, Another Guest.
[repeat with another dozen guests]

Back up four years and replace "Donald Trump" with "Mitt Romney"
Back up eight years and replace "Donald Trump" with "John McCain" or "Ron Paul"
Move forward four years and the next Republican candidate will be the biggest racist in America, and the same people bashing Trump now will be kissing his butt for cash.

The media will always find a negative label for those that question globalism. Racist, denier, hater, etc. It's more efficient to label someone than to discus the issues they bring forward. After all, would you rather live in a pro-globalist country with a democratic administration, or do you want to live in an anti-globalist country with a "democratic" regime?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

calling you a bigot is not bullying you, its not a derogatory word, its just a way to describe people who think they are better than others.

like I said before, its the bigots who honestly do not realize they are knee deep in bigotry bc they truly believe they are factually correct in their thoughts of being better than others.

its like blissful ignorance

Do you even know what "bigot" means?

link   

originally posted by: veracity

I beg to differ. Calling some one a bigot, well its like the dirty word for racist. "Racist" meaning a backwards scumbag, or something like that.

I've already been tempted more than once to say I'm surprised Bigot isn't some "bad" word now on the board, kind of like "troll" is now apparently. It's like name calling from my impression of it, how its being used especially. Phonetically it even sounds like ugly name calling.
edit on 1-7-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

link   

Nah, it's more along the lines of people are people and we all do something stupid at one point or another. No need for a label other than human. 'Cuz, you know, stupid human is just redundant.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

For the globalists, national sovereignty IS all about being racist and xenophobic. They cannot conceive of the idea that certain groups of people might have their own preferred ways of doing things that fit them because of their own cultural and geographic circumstances and that the bureaucratic one-size-fits all approach of the globalist technocracy is not exactly working well for them or desirable.

It's easier to couch that in terms of "hatred of others" than it is to acknowledge that the issues and needs of a person living in the British Isles are very different than the issues and needs of someone who lives in Sub-Saharan Africa or even the French Riviera.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

yes, I know what the word means. Its not derogatory as in calling someone a b*tch or ugly...but I would never want to be a bigot.

It like calling someone mean or disrespectful.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: maria_stardust

I do admit that all people are stupid.

But some deliberately do things that make stupid look like a Hawkings formula for dark matter.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

NO, its not a bad word, just like calling someone mean and disrespectful or narrow-minded is not a bad word.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

I spend more time than I should to be honest and I see post after post insulting the left... constantly. I really love to read comments from people that are ideologically different than me so I scroll and scroll and scroll to find ones that aren't so damn ugly. It's quite a challenge.

Then you should be more sympathetic because you describe my own reality only from the other side.

So stop trying to feel wounded. You have no moral superiority here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join