It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Microsoft sucks

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

That's true. Their website does have pretty good troubleshooting topics. A million times better than the MS site anyway lol.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: mclarenmp4

I disagree. More companies have started to use the free alternative to save money. At the moment it's the smaller companies, but give it another 5 years and you'll see the bigger companies using the free alternatives too.

Almost £100 a year, per user, for Office 365 business premium, here in the UK. 100 office employees = £10,000 a year in office licence fees.

Compared to a free alternative that has the same functionality, it's a business no brainer.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa

And they wonder why people use bootleg software... now i have no choice other than download a bootleg version because i can not use the legal version I paid for.

The weird thing is that the bootleg software runs better than the real thing.

This should not be. But so much "protective" crap has been put into MS that it messes with real applications, and the user has to find and "turn off" many things just to get various applications to run properly.

At least the bootleg os comes with all these things disabled, or easily disabled, and so all apps run on a bootleg machine.

I also have a "legal" Windows, but have opted for the bootleg version of it because it runs better and cleaner on my system. At least, I have the "official MS sticker" labeling my box, but inside is something different altogether.

I hope MS doesn't mind.

As far as I am concerned, I'm in compliance with the EULA. I paid my fee, and I got a working OS. I refuse to pay more for customer service.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
going on 3 days now....

had to refresh PC...

Go to re-install Office Home/Business retail....

no can do... it is associated with an old microsoft account that I do not know the password too, nor can I access the email account associated with it to reset it.

5 calls to customer support all tell me the same thing... you are screwed, lease subscribe to our new spiffy $100.00 a year subscription based service instead of using that product that you bought and paid for...

And they wonder why people use bootleg software... now i have no choice other than download a bootleg version because i can not use the legal version I paid for.

Ever tried to find a way just to email somebody at microsoft for help? Good luck... best you can get is a phone number to people who can
barely speak english.

I will never ever buy another microsoft product.

Hah. I"m still using Microsoft office 2007. All the new programs are retarded. Too much junk nad online activation. Good luck.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join