It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Microsoft sucks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
going on 3 days now....

had to refresh PC...

Go to re-install Office Home/Business retail....

no can do... it is associated with an old microsoft account that I do not know the password too, nor can I access the email account associated with it to reset it.

5 calls to customer support all tell me the same thing... you are screwed, lease subscribe to our new spiffy $100.00 a year subscription based service instead of using that product that you bought and paid for...

And they wonder why people use bootleg software... now i have no choice other than download a bootleg version because i can not use the legal version I paid for.

Ever tried to find a way just to email somebody at microsoft for help? Good luck... best you can get is a phone number to people who can
barely speak english.

I will never ever buy another microsoft product.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

Go on Ebay and buy a copy....I did purchase a copy of windows 7 off of ebay...two years later it was recognized by Microsoft to be an illegal copy..Still had my reciept from Ebay and Windows sent me a new windows 7 providing I sent them the bootleg copy...Got to give them huge props for that...

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco

Go on Ebay and buy a copy....I did purchase a copy of windows 7 off of ebay...two years later it was recognized by Microsoft to be an illegal copy..Still had my reciept from Ebay and Windows sent me a new windows 7 providing I sent them the bootleg copy...Got to give them huge props for that...

Microsoft, huge props??!!

Really?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Every company is doing this. Like Netflix.... I have to switch to the 10 dollar a month program now. I liked the 7.99 price but the value of a dollar has sunk so low now that..... Every company is doing this.

The economy has only worsened. The only thing we can do is slow the leak.

Maybe if we take a high hit now we can turn things around finally.

But Microsoft, and any other company will keep their prices the same no matter how high the price of a dollar becomes. That is how it has always been set up. Prepare the company for the drops in price of a dollar.

But at least the way Microsoft is doing it is less painful than getting service from comcast.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
try firstnamelastname@companyname.com

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Haven't used MS office for years. It's always been OpenOffice or libreoffice. Completely free and very similar to the MS products.

Thought I should add....they're fully compatible with MS office documents too.
edit on 172016 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Theres always that fruit company...

logo

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Ah I pitty you, Yet another unhappy microsoft customer ) I discovered the suckyness of their creations a long time ago.
Microsoft is about profit. They really dont care for their customers. Today there are many better even free alternatives.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
downloading Apache Open Office....

as long as excel and word work...I am good.
edit on R342016-07-01T11:34:02-05:00k347Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
downloading Apache Open Office....

as long as excel and word work...I am good.

They will. It's slightly different, but after a little while you'll get used to it. You can even customise the toolbars to look exactly like any MS office version (if you felt inclined to).

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

I also use open office, when I actually bother at all that is, not a great user anymore because I have no real reason to do so.

However, about that compatibility thing, do you not find that when using documents, particularly word types, that the formatting goes all over the place when opened on official MS office products?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

I've never had that problem. Maybe you're saving it in an earlier or different format than the MS office type?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

I just know that in my last place of work, the boss had her official office version, and some of the staff, at home, used open office and libre office. The only problems that happened were with those of us using the none MS versions.

I never got deep into the mystery of it, as I really didn't care that much. And I know some people worked it out, but they had to reformat on the other end to get them to present the same as original.

Problems with image placement were a major one as I recall, also text boxes and the like.

edit on 1-7-2016 by Jonjonj because: correction

edit on 1-7-2016 by Jonjonj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

Haven't used MS office for years. It's always been OpenOffice or libreoffice. Completely free and very similar to the MS products.

Thought I should add....they're fully compatible with MS office documents too.

I second this, I do the same. Other large companies do it as well. not everyone can have office at 500$ a pop. when you start talking hundreds or thousands of employees, the price of a full office suite is daunting. if you are not using outlook and a mail server, I don't see any reason to even use ms office.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

To be honest, I could speculate till the cows come home and still never have the answer. It could be any number of things from simple incompatible formatting types from older versions of either MS office or OpenOffice or it could be something completely obscure.

Personally, I've never had a format issue between MS office, OpenOffice and libreoffice. Doesn't mean there isn't an issue though.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

Huge props...they could have easily said suck it...

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: akira131

You don't even need MS office for outlook anymore. There's tons of free versions out there that do the same (or as close as possible).

NS office is slowly dying because people are using the alternatives.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Agreed. I only brought it up in case OP made the change and when presenting work for the first time comes up against an unexpected problem.

Forwarned is forarmed and all that.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Apache seems to be my solution...

as stated above, it does look a little different and will take some getting used to, but it will serve my purposes with a lot less headaches.

Completely uninstalled all Microsoft Office products.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Office isn't dying anytime soon, once the multinationals stop using it then yeah it might die but the home market is such a small market in the grand scheme of things.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join