It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Does Donald Trump have Multiple Personality Disorder ?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 10:39 AM
I have suspected for a very long time that Donald Trump actually is an MPD. He displays many of the signs and symptoms.

It might explain how in interviews he seems to genuinely have forgotten claims he's made and things he's said, claiming "I never said that or did that" when in fact he did or said those things only a few days (or a few hours) before. It might also explain why he's taken both sides on many different issues in very short time frames. I suspect that his MPD is triggered by being in the media spotlight.

Symptoms of MPD are listed on WebMD as

highly distinct memory variations
Mood swings
Sleep disorders
Drug Abuse
Compulsions and Rituals
Hallucinations and Delusions
Eating Disorders
Self Sabotage

Donald Trump has himself said at various times that he suffers from most of this list. He's also displayed many of these behaviors at various times.

There are reports that he's been addicted to weight loss pills for two years or more (Drug abuse)

He reportedly is an OCD clean freak and has a phobia to germs

He has many compulsions and rituals (such as going home to Trump Tower every night from campaign trail)

Hallucinations and Delusions - well, we've seen that he's pretty much a pathological liar and that he is easily taken in by any conspiracy theory (or just makes them up himself)

Amnesia "I never said that"

Memory variations and mood swings have been on prominent display throughout the campaign

He's publicly said "when I'm campaigning, I'm on a high and don't eat at all"

He's publicly said that he doesn't sleep more than 2-4 hours a night.

He's often said things that certainly contradict positions he's previously taken, usually resulting in very negative reports (Self sabotage)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 10:43 AM
a reply to: babybunnies

No, hes just a liar.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 10:49 AM

originally posted by: gladtobehere

No, hes just a liar.

Donald Trump has also said (himself) there are two Donald Trumps.

But then Donald Trump says there is only one Donald Trump.

He seems very, very, very confused as to "how many," of him selves there actually is (are?)

Derp derp Donald is double Donnie derp

(Christie/Gingrich are going to end up his VP/running mate so we can stop perpetuating the "he's an outsider," myth any day now)

It makes sense though. Donald Trump has no clue what Donald Trump is doing and vice versa. He has no idea what his own policies are, how he plans on actively alleviating many of the issues he uses to pander for support, and he never specificies how he is going to magically make America great again and make our national debt go down by a magical business-wand.

But then again - neither do his supporters, it's a match made in Heaven!

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 10:52 AM

He's a politician...they all lie so much that it's hard to keep track..

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:04 AM

I think he is more manic depressive. Or bipolar. Only because of how his family describes him. His whole self evaluation everyday should be a clear sign of this. But the entire world is manic depressive. Even I am bipolar and I can actually relate to Trump. That is why I still give him a chance. But what we need is Bernie Sanders. And as crazy as it sounds a Trump - Sanders combination is very attractive.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:05 AM

It's a prerequisite for the job.

Hillary has over 1000's

Bernie has none so they booted him

Ted Cruz borrowed someone else's and got caught

And Jeb Bush isn't sure exactly who he is, so he didn't qualify

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:06 AM
a reply to: RomeByFire

Donald Trump has also said (himself) there are two Donald Trumps.

But then Donald Trump says there is only one Donald Trump.

He seems very, very, very confused as to "how many," of him selves there actually is (are?)

That would depend which one of them is talking.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:14 AM
The list you give is more common to extrem child abouse which sometimes causes MPD, but people with MPD dont often show these.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:18 AM

He's a Gemini.

I don't think he's MPD but your post was interesting to read.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:21 AM
He's using NLP and persuasion.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:35 AM
Not likely, most mental health professionals that have been interviewed about Trump indicate that he's a textbook example of narcissistic personality disorder. Which does not bode well, as all of the despots, dictators, demagogues, tyrants, and autocrats have all shared narcissistic personalities.

A large and rapidly growing body of research shows that people’s temperament, their characteristic motivations and goals, and their internal conceptions of themselves are powerful predictors of what they will feel, think, and do in the future, and powerful aids in explaining why. In the realm of politics, psychologists have recently demonstrated how fundamental features of human personality—such as extroversion and narcissism—shaped the distinctive leadership styles of past U. S. presidents, and the decisions they made.

And what does this mean about Trump?

Research shows that people low in agreeableness are typically viewed as untrustworthy. Dishonesty and deceit brought down Nixon and damaged the institution of the presidency. It is generally believed today that all politicians lie, or at least dissemble, but Trump appears extreme in this regard. Assessing the truthfulness of the 2016 candidates’ campaign statements, PolitiFact recently calculated that only 2 percent of the claims made by Trump are true, 7 percent are mostly true, 15 percent are half true, 15 percent are mostly false, 42 percent are false, and 18 percent are “pants on fire.” Adding up the last three numbers (from mostly false to flagrantly so), Trump scores 75 percent. The corresponding figures for Ted Cruz, John Kasich, Bernie Sanders, and Hillary Clinton, respectively, are 66, 32, 31, and 29 percent.

In sum, Donald Trump’s basic personality traits suggest a presidency that could be highly combustible.p/b] One possible yield is an energetic, activist president who has a less than cordial relationship with the truth. He could be a daring and ruthlessly aggressive decision maker who desperately desires to create the strongest, tallest, shiniest, and most awesome result—and who never thinks twice about the collateral damage he will leave behind. Tough. Bellicose. Threatening. Explosive.

But none of that matters to a Trump supporter. Horrible and terrible traits are somehow, magically turned inside out and made to smell like roses. Cognitive dissonance wins, and what people want to believe (instead of what the truth shows) ends up ruling the day. People WANT to believe, so they do. They turn crap into gold in order to feel right in their decisions. Admitting they were duped or wrong is tantamount to personality suicide. No one will admit they were wrong or are wrong, so they will defend a burning ship and say, "What fire? It's not on fire, it's just a really warm ship!"

And sadly this is a pretty accurate and disturbing assessment of today's America:

Among white Americans, high scores on measures of authoritarianism today tend to be associated with prejudice against a wide range of “out-groups,” including homosexuals, African Americans, immigrants, and Muslims. Authoritarianism is also associated with suspiciousness of the humanities and the arts, and with cognitive rigidity, militaristic sentiments, and Christian fundamentalism.

When individuals with authoritarian proclivities fear that their way of life is being threatened, they may turn to strong leaders who promise to keep them safe—leaders like Donald Trump. In a national poll conducted recently by the political scientist Matthew MacWilliams, high levels of authoritarianism emerged as the single strongest predictor of expressing political support for Donald Trump. Trump’s promise to build a wall on the Mexican border to keep illegal immigrants out and his railing against Muslims and other outsiders have presumably fed that dynamic.

As the social psychologist Jesse Graham has noted, Trump appeals to an ancient fear of contagion, which analogizes out-groups to parasites, poisons, and other impurities. In this regard, it is perhaps no psychological accident that Trump displays a phobia of germs, and seems repulsed by bodily fluids, especially women’s.

We are regressing as a society, and people like Trump are taking full advantage of the fear... People are being duped, suckered and most of them probably realize it in the back of their heads. Unlike the Brits who now regret the Brexit vote, however, our Trump fans will never admit that they were wrong in throwing their lot in with Trump. They'll suffer through the hangover, all the while claiming that they don't have a headache.

I highly encourage everyone interested to read the fascinating article I pulled those experts from, as it's an interesting look at how Trump compares to past presidents and where his personality profile fits in among them.

It's informative, and intelligent, something Americans seem to scoff at and reject. Sadly the anti-intellectualism pushback from the Trump crowd only highlights that the thinking man is discouraged. The "you're dumb if you'r smart!!!" trend is unfortunately taking hold in America.

It's written by a Psychologist who takes a look at Trump's narcissism and how that may influence his decision making processes. The article is Here
edit on 1-7-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:38 AM

originally posted by: gladtobehere

No, he's just a liar.

They all are.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:50 AM

originally posted by: BlueAjah

Is this intended as some kind of diversion from the actual serious issues in this election?
Under fire after secret meeting, Lynch to step back from Clinton probe (She recused herself)
Lynch to Accept F.B.I. Recommendations in Clinton Email Inquiry, Official Says
Judicial Watch Asks Justice Inspector General to Investigate Loretta Lynch-Bill Clinton Meeting
FBI Ordered ‘No photos, No pictures, No cell phones’ During Clinton/Lynch Meeting
Homeland Security Chief: ‘No Idea’ Who Scrubbed Islam from Counterterror Materials

And... about 199 other threads showing the Clinton/Obama corruption?

No. He is not.

You get more Trump scandals in a week. That is the problem with Trump trying run only a negative campaign. He not only has literally so many scandals in his past that the DNC has been dumping one just about every day and will do so until the election and he always says or does something during the week that just ads to it.

I do not know if he has mental issues, is just plain stupid or is throwing this election but, I have never seen such a poorly organized leaderless campaign with a candidate who is off the rails and has no focus.

The man has drifted back into attacking Republicans again. And literally says in the same speech, the military is terrible the always lose and later in the speech the military is fear by everybody in the world? Now is that poor speech writing? No short term memory? Is he back on the pills again? Or him just saying nonsense so he will not get elected? Nobody can deny something is up with this guy and it is not good.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 12:29 PM
His mouth gets ahead of his brain. He goes into stream-of-consciousness blathering whenever there's a mic in his face.

He's been a CEO forever and isn't used to being challenged or called out because typically his word is the final word in the majority of conversations he has. He's stubborn and arrogant as hell, and if he keeps anyone's council but his own, it's a secret. To me, anyway.

I don't think he has multiple personality disorder, I think he's a loose cannon.

Still, better than Hillary.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 01:04 PM
Yes he does!
and he also has multiple millions of $$ to go with that!

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 01:11 PM
a reply to: yeahright

He goes into stream-of-consciousness blathering whenever there's a mic in his face.

I find it hilarious and I actually like that about him.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 01:43 PM
It depends. Maybe he's one person in front of the cameras and another person when he's dealing with TPTB behind closed doors when they're planning the show.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:46 PM
Or maybe it's more all along the lines of strategy, flamboyant Donald Trump. When he has to be, like picking apart the GOP to secure that nomination. Ruthless Donald Trump to make sure Hilary doesn't have a prayer just like he's going to have to do in the general election. Then, clever Donald Trump when he's elected and has to persuade world oligarchy. Like he's going to have to.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 08:02 PM
Trump is showing signs of a serious melt down; is it the result of a mental illness, idk but If he makes it to the convention; there is where he will doom his election.

His core followers are solid but either the GOP will sell him out for a neocon or Trump will scare moderate republicans away with his insane rants at the convention.

On the outside chance he gets the nomination; he will punk out on the debates with Clinton, just like he did with Bernie.

Lose/Lose....Trumps whole campaign is so surreal that it seems contrived somehow...hidden agenda perhaps.

Combine that with sliding poll numbers and Fox seemingly backing away from Donald, dosen't look good....

Interesting time!!!
edit on 1-7-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-7-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>