It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coming out of Egypt

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   
A theme that runs throughout the Bible is a Patriarch or great man spending time in Egypt that leads to the man returning to or arriving at Judea/Israel. It's a form of story telling called typology.

What I want to draw attention to is what I believe is the meaning of this. I have thought about it often and one thing seems apparent. Egypt was where the great patriarchs always go because Egypt is the source of wisdom and education capital of the ancient world.

So Egypt is used to convey the message that these people received spiritual guidance that made them standouts from their contemporaries. But there is a danger to this sort of spiritual wisdom and it could turn out disastrous if not properly done or undertaken by the spiritually unprepared.

So we have the story of the Exodus, slavery and plagues dramatically played out so that anyone who is about to undertake this training knows the danger is no joke.

But ultimately the land of milk and honey is reached and it is not always appreciated and we have many warnings against this mistake in scripture.

So I guess I am saying that yes, it is possible to train yourself in spiritual wisdom. But it is not for everyone and that is why is is not widely taught. It can be misused, and is by some.

So if you decide to seek and do ask, the Spirit will answer you. Just know that the rewards are not material. The only reward is a clean eye.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
So do we need secret knowledge for that clean eye

I thought the message was love, wisdom points directly to love

You are trying to sound cryptic, like you are hiding something, had a few strange ones around here lately

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
So do we need secret knowledge for that clean eye

I thought the message was love, wisdom points directly to love

You are trying to sound cryptic, like you are hiding something, had a few strange ones around here lately

I don't know what you mean by "secret knowledge."

Wisdom and love are great messages, but if you don't have Wisdom it is not going to do you much good.

Love is wise, but not the only message of the Bible by a long shot.

Cryptic? Hiding something? You misunderstand entirely and I don't always consider strange an insult. Depends on who it is saying it.

Also strange is passing judgement and not a very loving thing to think about someone. Different is often what people call strange because they don't understand something. How many people thought Jesus was strange?

There are some strange things and people in the world but it is not a concern of mine at the moment.
edit on 1-7-2016 by Wombocracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Wombocracy

Ill listen if a message comes across, rituals are to reinforce a behavior of good will as a human.. Is once a week enough? Five times a day? Well it change the ancestral sin, no.. One act alone does not make any difference.. Reading a book for the history lesson will only let you understand the history yet a King made that history..

The difference is, if i have a Book as the bible in my hand, which has a divine message across.. It means i can use it to reflect on world views with an transparent view.. The rest are my opinions..

Reading something without reference to anything else.. Is useless..

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

So I guess I am saying that yes, it is possible to train yourself in spiritual wisdom. But it is not for everyone and that is why is is not widely taught. It can be misused, and is by some.

So if you decide to seek and do ask, the Spirit will answer you. Just know that the rewards are not material. The only reward is a clean eye.

Your title caught my eye: not sure what the reference to Egypt escape is about - don't care - but your last few lines there are truth. At least you got that part right.

Pay no attention to the Thumpers.....they just see you standing here all alone and stepped a bit closer. We can fend them off.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Oh FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! You attack bloody everyone around here!

What the hell is with you lately, man? No matter who it is, every keystroke is primed with poision......

Yes, you need wisdom and a soul that has been around the block a few times, left and come back (yep! reincarnation) to get this stuff.

I swear, maybe you are one of the "first-timers" - because you really really just don't get it. Really.
And you're insulting, rude, and ugly about it, too!

"love" is the message, eh

It's not us being ugly, man. It's you.
edit on 7/1/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Love is an emotion, wisdom is a quality.
I'm afraid the OP and the Egypt references have me confused, too.

In my opinion, that particular 'God' [YHWH] of the Old Testament didn't have a loving bone in his body.
Whether the other gods were different, or not, I don't know.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Your title caught my eye: not sure what the reference to Egypt escape is about - don't care - but your last few lines there are truth. At least you got that part right.

Pay no attention to the Thumpers.....they just see you standing here all alone and stepped a bit closer. We can fend them off.

If it helps I am considering Egypt a path to/source of Wisdom frought with danger for the unprepared, but for the pure of heart a new way of viewing things that could be called Gnosis.

When Jesus was in parts unknown I believe he was in Egypt being instructed in Alexandrian Wisdom.

Joseph was also one who went to Egypt and ended up being the wisest in the land.

Egypt is to me a reference to the the path of the highest wisdom.

Coming out of Egypt is a metaphor for self realization and realization of our divine nature.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I fully realize that Bible literalists will not get this but scripture is faith based writings and to treat them as historical documents is the fundamental problem with the churches.

It is meant to accomplish many things but recording history is not one of those things. The message is spiritual and if you read the whole Bible and then read it again, you will get a more profound and deeply spiritual message the second time because by now you will have figured out it has layers of meaning and stories within stories.

When you stop treating it as if it was meant to be taken literally you will open up new worlds of knowledge and your hunger for scripture will grow.

You will realize that behind the traditions all scripture has the same message and same Divine source and you will not feel guilty about reading Hindu or Buddhist scripture.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang

Ill listen if a message comes across, rituals are to reinforce a behavior of good will as a human.. Is once a week enough? Five times a day? Well it change the ancestral sin, no.. One act alone does not make any difference.. Reading a book for the history lesson will only let you understand the history yet a King made that history..

The difference is, if i have a Book as the bible in my hand, which has a divine message across.. It means i can use it to reflect on world views with an transparent view.. The rest are my opinions..

Reading something without reference to anything else.. Is useless..

You really need references to read something that is so well known?

My references are the Bible and my brain.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Thanks. They never stay too long unless you engage them.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

When you stop treating it as if it was meant to be taken literally you will open up new worlds of knowledge and your hunger for scripture will grow.

AMEN

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Then you read something as dogma, walking blind in Faith? So does any extremism

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

That is an interesting observation. It's too bad that it has to be interpreted though, like many hidden things in the bible.

It's too bad that divine inspiration, derived from the "Spirit", gave information to men who would then spit out their recieved "wisdom" in their own terms. Then I'm sure the authors slipped in their personal opinions.

If only the "spirit" gave divine inspiration to men of science who could then put their recieved wisdom in the most plain lanuage possible.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Being instructed in Alexandrian wisdom? He was 2 years old when he left Egypt, He was only being instructed in how to put together two word utterances and potty training. Joseph only took them to Egypt until Herod was dead.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

I think you will find love is the message of the bible, wisdom allows us to engage love

Judgement?
Yes I can and am free to, condemning another person, that's different
I am free to judge other Christians, it's a duty outlined in the bible.

I didn't really understand your message, your point
We need to go to Egypt to become wise?

I guess I was wondering how you defined spiritual wisdom

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical

Being instructed in Alexandrian wisdom? He was 2 years old when he left Egypt, He was only being instructed in how to put together two word utterances and potty training. Joseph only took them to Egypt until Herod was dead.

I said during the time he was 12-30 I believe that he was in Egypt, not when he was 2.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wombocracy

originally posted by: NOTurTypical

I said during the time he was 12-30 I believe that he was in Egypt, not when he was 2.

He wasn't in Egypt from 12 to 30, he was in Galilee. Joseph moved back to there when Herod died.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang

Then you read something as dogma, walking blind in Faith? So does any extremism

Never used the word dogma. Also not in to blind faith.

The fact that you equate spiritual liberty with dogma and blind faith is disturbing. Are you only looking for a reason to be negative and use the word extremist?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Science has plenty of men who were divinely inspired.

Einstein, Tesla, basically science is itself divinely inspired.

Or alien technology. You have to decide for yourself.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join