It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Temple in Mexico Destroyed By Jehovah's Witness

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
The Jehovah founder is buried under a pyramid. So they would have to clean their own house before imposing their faith on others.

Also, IMO as a child who was ex communicated from the JWs and has suffered 35 yrs of horrid isolation from friends and family. That this is one of the most violent of all religions. Emotionally, Spiritually, and physically abusive. Huge pedo problem in the church. Had to throw that in just in case someone is thinking about joining them.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Goddammit!!!!!

Freaking FREAKS! And they think they're benevolent?? They're toxic, brainwashed, psychotic, violent, and insane.

Just like ISIS.

Members of the Christian sect say the destruction was motivated by a belief that the ancient Indigenous religion involved devil worship. The perpetrators claim that they were following the word of god by destroying the temple site.

The ancient religion of the Otomi people traditionally holds sacred various deities including earth, water, and fire, and reveres their gods with offerings.

According to anthropologists cited by the Mexican daily La Jornada, Mayonikha for the Otomi — whose territory spreads across central Mexico in at least eight modern-day states — is comparable in significance to Mecca for Muslims or the Vatican for Catholics.

It remains unclear when the Jehovah's Witnesses carried out the vandalism or how they gained access to the sacred site, protected by local Indigenous people with access only granted to worshippers.

From your link.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

sigh

I'm so sorry to hear that. But very glad that you have spoken out about it.
Thank you. The more we can prove that organized religion is toxic, the faster we can convince our roomies to quit it.

We should do it like the war against tobacco did it. Even I eventually caved in and I'm free of it for 90 days now.

The tables are turning...the churchy types are all frantically laundering their soiled and soaked pants.....well - let's see how they respond to the treatment they dole out. The way they've treated smokers and gays and drinkers and people having sex and everyone else they "don't agree with". Get a load of their own medicine.

I swear, it would make it all worthwhile if my quitting smoking were met by just ONE person quitting religion.

edit on 7/1/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Who cares? Let the temple gods and the witness gods battle it out!

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
i don't particularly care for Jehovah's Witness's.

one day i was at home out back doing some yard work. i needed to get something out of my truck, so i went through the house and was going out the front door. when i got to the door i see one of the watch tower news letters and a bunch of other junk stuck through the door, not just stuck in the seam, but the door had been opened and closed on that trash.

i live at the end of a dirt road and the last half is my private drive way, nearest neighbor is about 1/2 mile before you get to my drive. i have no trespassing signs and beware of the dog signs up, which the dog sign is a joke all he would do is lick you to death, but that's besides the fact, that they invaded my home. we only lock the doors when no one is home and haven't ever had any problems before that.

i went to their local hall and asked if they had people regularly doing that, the guy said sometimes, if people don't answer the door. i commenced to raising so much hell that they called the cops, cops got there and found out what happened and told me he didn't blame me for being all pissed, but i had done it the wrong way, and there really wasn't much they could do about what they had done.

no i don't care for those folks at all.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: bigtalldog

JFYI, they divide the town into territories. They are assigned a "territory" to sell their BS too. However, on the back of the "Territory Map" is a list of the people who do not want them to call. So, call the Hall and tell them to put you on the "no go list". Tell them to add "Bad Dog, mean owner" do not disturb or cops will be called.

That should help.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

yeah they probably shouldn't open doors, but they are kids. I wonder how many get invited in for tea and never come out.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
The people may have claimed to be JW....but that isn't JW beliefs.

If i were to be a religious type, I could see myself as a mormon or JW.

Im not trying to invoke a No True Scotsman fallacy here....but they aren't jehovas witnesses, or at the very least are not acting as agents of the belief.

that aside, i hope they get their nethers electrocuted for this travesty.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

You need to get some amway pamphlets and use them.

any one going door to door gets invited in to hear my schpiel for amway (or mary kay or avon, depending on my mood that day). The only rule I have: i get to go first.

I've been thinking about getting some timeshare info to use, too. I haven't run anyone off right off the bat yet, so may need to try some new material. Someone suggested church of satan material, but that is an obvious troll. I'd rather be subtle and noninsulting.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

if they have that, i'm pretty sure i'm on the list.
guy was scared, went into the office and wouldn't come out until the cops got there.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

i'm surprised that i haven't heard about someone beating the hell out of them.
folks round this part of the woods don't take kindly to people just walking in their house.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

ha, ha, those amway folks are bad to.
although i do know a guy that use to sell it, he made enough money to open up a automotive shop.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I used the Church of Satan thing.

It worked almost too well. I thought they were going to have a prayer meeting right outside my house...

The look on the kids face was priceless...

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
a reply to: Spider879
JEHOVA... JEHOVA...

Sorry, but when i hear that name i have to think of that Monty Python movie!

How can it be worst?! JEHOVA! JEHOVA! JEHOVA!

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879Jehovah's Witnesses have fessed up to being behind the destruction of the stone altars, but have not taken responsibility for a hole that has reportedly been drilled in the base of a pyramid at the San Bartolo Tutotepec archeological site.

I found this...

Locals say Jehovah's Witnesses are responsible for vandalizing the structure, but the group denies having anything to do with its destruction.

www.snopes.com...

Gamaliel Camarillo, the Jehovah’s Witness spokesman in Mexico, said that “to the extent we have been able to investigate, we found this story to be false”.

“We know that if we want to be respected, we have to respect others,” Camarillo wrote. “People without prejudices who know the Jehovah’s Witnesses know that we don’t promote such acts.”

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
That kind of action is not permitted by the Jehovah witnesses...It is actually a very civil religion.

Well, they got rid of Christmas at my workplace...and that's not every civil. (kept the time off, though)

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: rickymouse
That kind of action is not permitted by the Jehovah witnesses...It is actually a very civil religion.

Well, they got rid of Christmas at my workplace...and that's not every civil. (kept the time off, though)

Christmas is just a commercial holiday used to boost the economy. I can't see it as being a real religious holiday anymore. I suppose if you religiously believe in buying things you want but do not really need then it could qualify. I couldn't even buy the wife a frying pan, I had to buy her something she did not need. That is the mindset nowadays. It's all about spending money. I don't understand why the Jehovah Witnesses are against Christmas, it hasn't been about Jesus in a long time. Santa rules and people look forward to it to get some days off with pay.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Put on some heavy metal music and offer them a beer as you go get one yourself, like it's party time. Tell them how lonesome you've been for someone to talk to as you hand them an opened beer..... Then go get a big knife to sharpen, have a seat, and sit down...tell them you're ready for them to start talking. Have a catalog of tattoo designs handy - and periodically interrupt them to show them one or another and ask what they think....

That should do it. If it doesn't, light a cigarette while you're at it. Blow the smoke in their faces.

LOL!! LOLOLOL!!! Ahhhh... that was fun.....

last time they came here was in 2010. I didn't do any of that. The first time I was nice....the second time I was more abrupt (it was a holiday! I was getting ready to go see my mom and family!), and the third time I just talked to them through the door and said, "no." Not even "no thank you." Just "No." And closed the door. Then I put up a NO SOLICITING OF ANY KIND sign on the door.

Just last spring two more showed up. The one seemed to be "training" the other - who stood in the background with an "I can't believe I'm actually doing this" look on her face. It doesn't work to be polite - you have to just say NO.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
It takes a lot of courage to knock on doors when you don't know what lies behind them. Along with Mormons, their religion suggest they do this. I admire them for their courage, and I am always polite to them. There is no reason to be ugly. If I'm busy, I tell them so, wish them well, and they go away. If it's hot, I offer a cold bottle of water.

Being ugly accomplishes nothing except making other humans feel bad.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Courage? I think you're right. I call it "nerve" though. I've never really done any of those things. I just think they shouldn't be knocking on people's doors. I don't care who told them to. As if we don't know where to find them if we have questions.....

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join